The Student Room Group

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by giovannicraggos
Sorry to hear that re BC Legal. Was it by email? If so generic or personalised? Just wondering when to expect the inevitable!

It was personalised and in an email format for me. Best of luck to you!
Anyone still waiting to hear from Inner?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Any tips for a 1st round interview with 43 Temple R?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LegalLab

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep. As I live abroad, I asked them to notify me also by email. They didn't respond, so I rang them yesterday. They said all of the results have already been sent out by post. I assume, then, that we are at the mercy of the efficiency of the postal system!
Original post by desvalido
It was personalised and in an email format for me. Best of luck to you!

Thanks, but sadly I got a similar response. Very encouraging response (contrary to the vast majority of applications!) but lack of experience in practice areas did for me.

Ah well, onwards and upwards...

I am still waiting. Very nervous, therefore!

Original post by Aforcemajeure
Yep. As I live abroad, I asked them to notify me also by email. They didn't respond, so I rang them yesterday. They said all of the results have already been sent out by post. I assume, then, that we are at the mercy of the efficiency of the postal system!

I am in the same situation so I guess I will hear when my mother gets home from work. Eeek.

Good luck people!
Original post by mathsmusicfrench

I second that! Trying not to get my hopes up but it's so hard! If it's a no I will be disappointed beyond belief!

Good luck guys!

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE="LegalLab;63601051"]

I second that! Trying not to get my hopes up but it's so hard! If it's a no I will be disappointed beyond belief!

Good luck guys!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not going to lie, I am incredibly jealous!! I'll have to wait at least another 5 days to hear back from Gray's and the wait is so difficult. They send notifications via email rather than by post and I've noticed my phone is dying very quickly lately because I've been checking my email so often. Also trying not to get my hopes up but it really is tough!

Best of luck everyone, fingers crossed for all of you!
[QUOTE="wannabeebar;63601701"]

Not going to lie, I am incredibly jealous!! I'll have to wait at least another 5 days to hear back from Gray's and the wait is so difficult. They send notifications via email rather than by post and I've noticed my phone is dying very quickly lately because I've been checking my email so often. Also trying not to get my hopes up but it really is tough!

Hey guys! Inner just emailed me the results. Major Award of £18,890. CANNOT BELIEVE IT. Best of luck to you all! We can do it!
Reply 749
[QUOTE="wannabeebar;63601701"]

How do you know it will be 5 days and by email?
I have spoken to someone from a previous year and they also told me that they inform by email.

I have no idea when to expect to hear back though.
[QUOTE="gcafc;63602593"]
Original post by wannabeebar

How do you know it will be 5 days and by email?

I don't know it will be 5 days, I just presume that is when the 4-6 weeks timer will start ticking, so I don't expect to hear anything before then.

Gray's confirmed that it will be by email - I'm moving this week so contacted them last week to confirm.

Good luck!!
Well after dashing home from work I've found that I still have no letter from inner. I have never been through such an intense wait in my life especially since some people heard yesterday and more heard today! This is excruciating.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well after dashing home from work I've found that I still have no letter from inner. I have never been through such an intense wait in my life especially since some people heard yesterday and more heard today! This is excruciating.

Me too, still no letter. Since no-one is going to be at home now until mid-April I have asked to be sent it by email, but they did confirm that all letters have been sent (although it was a leading question so perhaps he just said yes without knowing.)
Me too, still no letter. Since no-one is going to be at home now until mid-April I have asked to be sent it by email, but they did confirm that all letters have been sent (although it was a leading question so perhaps he just said yes without knowing.)

I am sort of in the same position in the sense that if I still don't hear anything tomorrow I will be away from home until mid-April so will also make a request (although I do have a feeling tomorrow will be the day). This is going to be one mighty big fall if it's a rejection after all this anticipation ! Best of luck !

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am sort of in the same position in the sense that if I still don't hear anything tomorrow I will be away from home until mid-April so will also make a request (although I do have a feeling tomorrow will be the day). This is going to be one mighty big fall if it's a rejection after all this anticipation ! Best of luck !

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was lucky enough to receive an email yesterday from Inner (thankfully, a major award of just under 19,000) which I'd asked for a few weeks ago because I'm living abroad. However, when I rang them, they hadn't realised that I had asked previously, and said that although they could facilitate an email, it would mean another 2-3 days delay in me finding out whilst they get ahead of admin. Just giving you a heads up - everyone hates the wait more than anything!
I am sort of in the same position

I rang and sent an email at around 17.30 yesterday, received an email today with the attached letter bearing very happy news :smile: good luck!!!
hehe I got 19kish too, merry scholarships day everyone!

Commiserations to those without such fortune.
Reply 758
[QUOTE="wannabeebar;63603673"]
Original post by gcafc

I don't know it will be 5 days, I just presume that is when the 4-6 weeks timer will start ticking, so I don't expect to hear anything before then.

Gray's confirmed that it will be by email - I'm moving this week so contacted them last week to confirm.

Good luck!!

As a heads up Grays are now closed until the 4th April and I've been told that they're aiming to send out responses that week. Slightly frustrating considering we will have to accept bptc offers by the 4th but c'est la vie
Original post by gcafc

As a heads up Grays are now closed until the 4th April and I've been told that they're aiming to send out responses that week. Slightly frustrating considering we will have to accept bptc offers by the 4th but c'est la vie

I wouldn't stress too much about the 'deadline' of the 4th. Realistically your offers won't be withdrawn on that day afaik. They'll no longer be bound to keep them open, but they won't withdraw them without notice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending