The Student Room Group

Why does society say prejudices are wrong when everybody has them?

like i don't like Arabs, and i don't like being around them much. but then does it matter? everybody has prejudices.
Reply 1
Original post by Jim Coltec
like i don't like Arabs, and i don't like being around them much. but then does it matter? everybody has prejudices.

Society doesn't say prejudices are bad for everyone. It is selective. It says prejudices are bad for females, blacks, Arabs, gays, but at the same time it says they are good for males, whites, Christians, bankers etc.

Once people have become completely brainwashed by a mind control system called political correctness, they are rendered incapable of identifying double standards behaviours in themselves and seem to use certain slogans to defend these double standards or just revert to a mental denial of their position.

Posted from TSR Mobile
just because lots of people do something., doesn't make it okay.
Original post by The_dog
Society doesn't say prejudices are bad for everyone. It is selective. It says prejudices are bad for females, blacks, Arabs, gays, but at the same time it says they are good for males, whites, Christians, bankers etc.

Once people have become completely brainwashed by a mind control system called political correctness, they are rendered incapable of identifying double standards behaviours in themselves and seem to use certain slogans to defend these double standards or just revert to a mental denial of their position.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't really understand. I think most people would agree that prejudices are bad for everyone, rather than good for some people and bad for others. I also realise that with the mental state you're in, you're just going to see me as another brainwashed politically-correct sheep, so there's actually very little point in even talking to you.

@childofthesun lol
Bandwagon fallacy much?
Reply 6
like i don't like Arabs,

lmao man just came straight out and said it

there's prejuidices and there's blatant xenophobia
Reply 7
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
I don't really understand. I think most people would agree that prejudices are bad for everyone, rather than good for some people and bad for others. I also realise that with the mental state you're in, you're just going to see me as another brainwashed politically-correct sheep, so there's actually very little point in even talking to you.

British people make jokes about the French but they wouldn't make jokes about the Somalians.

Do you not agree that it's taboo to officially criticise women but it's socially acceptable to put down men?

Would you not agree that the people in parliament and the media talk about gay marriage for churches but not for Mosques?

Would you not agree that the ANC is praised but no groups for the native Europeans are praised?

No I'm not going to accuse you of being brainwashed individually. There is a collective brainwashing at play.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Something can be wrong whether everyone's guilty of it or not.

If you have feelings that you can't control, that's fine. However acting upon them may not be right. I believe this as being judged because of something that you cannot control has a much more detrimental affect upon that person's well-being than feeling negatively towards a certain person/group of people.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending