The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BaconandSauce
You've done exactly the same on this thread.

No, I'm defending the 1.5 billion peaceful Muslims. Not ISIS.
Original post by Frank Underwood
I don't ever recall claiming that you wanted to ban Islam.

And no, throwing 'random quotes' around isn't pointless - I just showed you that Islam condemns killing, and you ignore it. The Quoran, to which 1.5 billion Muslims ascribe, condemns killing. Yet you tell me some **** about how it's 'contradictory' - I don't see any contradictions here. The Quoran right here says what it says. Don't try to wriggle your way out of this one.

And to be honest, I find it hilarious that you're backing up with this excuse of you 'criticising Islam' when Islam, according to the sources you and others have spammed at me, is actually more moderate than some of the Muslims who follow it.

And you still won't accept that ISIS does not represent the Islam that 1.5 billion Muslims subscribe to. ISIS purports a warped version of Islam.

I'm not wriggling out of anything. Throwing quotes around is pointless because as I said, "holy" books like the qu'ran contradict themselves constantly.

Link.

You could spend all day throwing quotes at each other, it wouldn't mean a damn thing.

It sounds like you paid attention to the sources presented to you. But then I'm not surprised by that.

ISIS represent a certain interpretation of Islam, and it is not an interpretation used exclusively by ISIS. Nor is it difficult to see why follow it in that way. This isn't difficult you know.
If you're going to butt into this conversation and make false claims, at least read it from its entirety.

Are you seriously saying that mariachi believes the majority of Muslims support ISIS and their interpretations...?

It's a shame right-wing toolboxes like yourself can't tell the difference.

I'm a life long Lefty Frank

Your attempts at labeling me 'right-wing' are quite funny really but your undermining of us on the left in such a way should be considered abhorrent in the extreme.
Original post by chemting
Are you seriously saying that mariachi believes the majority of Muslims support ISIS and their interpretations...?

He continuously refuses to deny it so yes.
so, you seem to really think that "truth" depends from statistics. What x number of Muslims claim is "truth", because they are more numerous than y number claiming the opposite (please, fill in whatever number is supplied by your statistics)

It's a shame right-wing toolboxes like yourself can't tell the difference.
making personal remarks won't get you anywhere

best
(edited 8 years ago)
I'm a life long Lefty Frank

Your attempts at labeling me 'right-wing' are quite funny really but your undermining of us on the left in such a way should be considered abhorrent in the extreme.

Pretend to be whoever you want, but your anti-Islamic views are nationalistic, isolationist and therefore right-wing.
Original post by mariachi
so, you seem to really think that "truth" depends from statistics. What x number of Muslims claim is "truth", because they are more numerous than y number claiming the opposite (please, fill in whatever number is supplied by your statistics)

thank you for this interesting personal remark, to which I will attribute all the importance it deserves

best

ISIS kill civilians, some ISIS militants use drugs, ISIS killed a female hostage. The Quran condemns all of these things strongly. Therefore ISIS does not represent the Islam which is followed worldwide.

How hard is it to understand? Stop blabbing on about statistics like it means something, you're making ridiculous turns to make this more complicated than it actually is.
I never denied that the majority of Muslims reject ISIS and their interpretations ; however

-we do not know which percentage exactly, and which interpretations exactly are rejected (it's not a black/white issue)

-statistics have nothing to do with "truth" and are not of much help in deciding who is right and who is wrong

so, as far as we Kuffar are concerned, we are back at the starting point, at least with regard to "true" Islam

this does not mean that we will not sympathize with, and assist "moderate" Muslims

best

I know, but Frank Underwood seems to think otherwise unless I've misread her post...?

Yes that's very true, in fact I urge her to talk to Muslims who clearly tell us that "True Interpretation" is independent of how many people (and of what country) follow them, but I'm just an ignorant Kuffar.
Pretend to be whoever you want, but your anti-Islamic views are nationalistic, isolationist and therefore right-wing.

No my anti Islamic views are because I abhor sexism, parochialism , patriarchy and homophobia.

all part of Islam hence why some of us on the left consider Islam a curse on humanity

But Given I've actually fought against the far right (and not just a few words on a forum) I find you calling me 'far-right' a joke and a slap in the face

but then for you it's just about protecting Islam and not about what we on the left consider to be 'right' otherwise you wouldn't be trying to play down the threat of Islam
No my anti Islamic views are because I abhor sexism, parochialism , patriarchy and homophobia.

all part of Islam hence why some of us on the left consider Islam a curse on humanity

But Given I've actually fought against the far right (and not just a few words on a forum) I find you calling me 'far-right' a joke and a slap in the face

but then for you it's just about protecting Islam and not about what we on the left consider to be 'right' otherwise you wouldn't be trying to play down the threat of Islam

That's the source of your anti-Islamic views.

Your anti-Islamic views which result from your abhorrence from sexism, homophobia, etc are nationalistic and isolationist and therefore right wing.

... Hope this helps

I never denied that the majority of Muslims reject ISIS and their interpretations
Frank, why don't you read posts ?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=63601755&postcount=1012

Your anti-Islamic views which result from your abhorrence from sexism, homophobia, etc are nationalistic and isolationist and therefore right wing.

So it's right wing now to be against sexism, parochialism , patriarchy and homophobia.

It seems you don't even know what right wing actually means

and this is supposed to be a student forum not a school playground.

Frank, just like we cannot define who is a Muslim and who isn't, you cannot define who is right-wing and who is left-wing

sorry to burst your bubble

best
Original post by chemting
... Hope this helps

Yeah because he claims it it must be true :facepalm:

I am reading them, if your question is 'why do you ignore them' its because they're lying.
Sorry mates, but I have to leave (at least for the time being)

in any case, thanks to all who took part in the discussion - yes, even to you, Frank !

best
I am reading them, if your question is 'why do you ignore them' its because they're lying.
you could have easily spared yourself this last remark

anyway, bye
Oh look, the classic putting words in my mouth. Freaking hell, I'm done with you. You are a thick-skulled idiot, don't reply to anything I have to say, you have shown yourself to be an incompetent discusser.

I think you'll find your confusion over who is right wing and what makes a true muslim(TM) is what is confusing this issue

But then I suspect I know why you want to confuse this issue,

Latest

Trending

Trending