The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Accommodation interior

Hi all! :smile: I'm going to KCL in September and was wondering which accommodation provided by KCL (or not) is the nicest? I know many will find this superficial but I attach value to what my place for potential 4 years will look like. Which location is not too far away and still nice? I really like Champion Hill (modern, white, minimal, clean) but maybe someone else can share his/her opinion on the same issue? :smile: Thanks for any help!

PS: Urbanest looks great, but overpriced?!
Reply 1
Hi! I just paid the deposit for Urbanest Westminster yesterday :smile: It's super pricey, yeah, but I'm an international student living in a different country for the first time, so I sort of convinced my parents that it's definitely worth it to invest in a nice, safe accommodation building for my first year at uni. It's also a 20 minute walk to strand campus, and a 12 minute bus ride. That way you can save £85/per month on the unlimited oyster card that you would probably have to get if you lived anywhere further. AND IT HAS UNDERFLOOR HEATING. ARE YOU SOLD YET?

:biggrin: nah but i get you, it's pricey but I think it would definitely be worth it. You should hurry up though if you're interested, when I spoke the Urbanest rep she told me that there were only 2 en-suites left at Westmin (assuming you want en suite, idk about the other room types) and I booked one of them... so there's basically 1 left. Tower Bridge has a couple left too, but are going to get sold out quickly as well.

Hope this helped!
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by kcl111
Hi! I just paid the deposit for Urbanest Westminster yesterday :smile: It's super pricey, yeah, but I'm an international student living in a different country for the first time, so I sort of convinced my parents that it's definitely worth it to invest in a nice, safe accommodation building for my first year at uni. It's also a 20 minute walk to strand campus, and a 12 minute bus ride. That way you can save £85/per month on the unlimited oyster card that you would probably have to get if you lived anywhere further. AND IT HAS UNDERFLOOR HEATING. ARE YOU SOLD YET?

:biggrin: nah but i get you, it's pricey but I think it would definitely be worth it. You should hurry up though if you're interested, when I spoke the Urbanest rep she told me that there were only 2 en-suites left at Westmin (assuming you want en suite, idk about the other room types) and I booked one of them... so there's basically 1 left. Tower Bridge has a couple left too, but are going to get sold out quickly as well.

Hope this helped!

Just checked and the ensuite is 279/week. Oh my god, my budget is definitely only 200 a week, haha! But the idea of sharing a room with someone else is just not a great thing for me.
Reply 3
Ahh that sucks :frown: Mine is 269/week (you can get a room with a 'shittier' view, not a dealbreaker for me tbh)

I think the private rooms are around 230/week? And those have shared kitchens AND bathrooms, so if you're okay with that you can check that out as well!
Reply 4
Original post by kcl111
Ahh that sucks :frown: Mine is 269/week (you can get a room with a 'shittier' view, not a dealbreaker for me tbh)

I think the private rooms are around 230/week? And those have shared kitchens AND bathrooms, so if you're okay with that you can check that out as well!

I will have a look, thank you! :smile: Unfortunately I can't find any reviews online, though? Just want to make sure it's great as I can't physically visit it beforehand!
Original post by Abramovic
I will have a look, thank you! :smile: Unfortunately I can't find any reviews online, though? Just want to make sure it's great as I can't physically visit it beforehand!

Imo, there are plenty of places to choose from that are much less than that.. £280/week is more than what an employed graduate could afford..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Ik who someone who visited both WSBA and Tower Bridge physically, and they say it's as beautiful as it is on the website!That kind of boosted my confidence, and it seemed a lot more popular/in a better location than the others! If you look up 'Westminster Student Bridge Accommodation' on Google Maps, walk a little bit and turn to the path on the left, if you go straight down you'll be right at the London Eye/Big Ben! So it's in a very very cool location, and you can walk to just about any of the major museums/restaurants/cute streets. This is what I have to do since I can't actually visit lol, live vicariously through Google Maps. Also they have 2 floors just for KCL students, and a few for LSE etc, so you live with people from the same uni but interact with people from others- which is awesome. Also it has unlimited wifi/free to use iMacs, free bike rentals as well!But yeah, it all depends on your budget
Reply 7
ok update: EVERYWHERE has unlimited wifi oops
Reply 8
Original post by Princepieman
Imo, there are plenty of places to choose from that are much less than that.. £280/week is more than what an employed graduate could afford..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you for your feedback! I'd love to share a house with people, but I'm afraid of having a fight at some point or something and the whole atmosphere being ruined, haha. I'm paying everything myself so I just want something that I don't have to worry about (bills, social stuff, ...) :/

Quick Reply

Latest