The Student Room Group

Am I a bitch?

I dumped my ex over a year ago (we'd only been dating a few months), he was really clingy and generally a bit of a psychopath so I stopped talking to him completely after we broke up. He then invited one of my best friends over to his house and they (completely sober) slept together before deciding to do a friends with benefits thing. He treated her like **** and it became apparent that he was using her cause she looks a bit like me (we both have medium length hair and glasses). They made an effort not to tell me but I found out...I obviously addressed this with my friend but decided to leave him because I didn't want to have to get involved with him again. For the first time in a year he got in contact with me just before Valentine's, telling me he wants me back and is in love with me...I told him very clearly that I had no interest but he persisted on coming up to me and trying to sit with me etc. at school. Then recently I went clubbing with a group of friends and got off with one of his best friends (nothing more and we were both smashed). I didn't care if my ex found out cause of what he did to me but his friend wanted to keep it quiet so we did. However, my ex continually calls me and comes up to me and ask if I got his snapchats to try and make conversation. Today it all got too much, he came and sat with me and a group of people he doesn't know and just stared at me...I snapped and brought up the night out so I'd have the excuse to tell him that I got with his friend in the hope hed be angry with me and finally move on! I don't regret it but I can't help feeling that it was a bitchy mood even if I think he deserved it... Any opinions??
That wasn't really the best of moves, no. If you really don't want to talk to him, block his number, block his snapchat, Facebook etc and avoid talking to him. That was purely to wind him up and upset him, but there's no need. If you've moved on then just go about your life and you do you, don't worry about him.
Reply 2
No you aren't
He sounds like a creep; I'm glad you had the wherewithal to get rid of him. I often see threads on this site about people being mistreated in relationships but not psychologically able to end them, so your story is an improvement on that, at least. I don't think what you said or did was unjustified, but it might not be the best way of getting him out of your life. I also hope his friend won't be angry that you spilled the beans.
Reply 4
In my opinion, you're not really a bitch because he's winding you up whether he knows it or not. You've made it clear you want nothing to do to him and he's still continually approaching you despite that. Try blocking his snapchat, facebook, etc. If you don't want to associate with him, close as many channels as you can. I'd advise against actively trying to start something with him, though. Don't antagonise him or you might just give him more reason to approach you.
Original post by Anonymous
I didn't care if my ex found out cause of what he did to me ?

What did he do to you?

and no becayse you asked him to leave you alone and he didnt.
I dumped my ex over a year ago (we'd only been dating a few months), he was really clingy and generally a bit of a psychopath so I stopped talking to him completely after we broke up. He then invited one of my best friends over to his house and they (completely sober) slept together before deciding to do a friends with benefits thing. He treated her like **** and it became apparent that he was using her cause she looks a bit like me (we both have medium length hair and glasses). They made an effort not to tell me but I found out...I obviously addressed this with my friend but decided to leave him because I didn't want to have to get involved with him again. For the first time in a year he got in contact with me just before Valentine's, telling me he wants me back and is in love with me...I told him very clearly that I had no interest but he persisted on coming up to me and trying to sit with me etc. at school. Then recently I went clubbing with a group of friends and got off with one of his best friends (nothing more and we were both smashed). I didn't care if my ex found out cause of what he did to me but his friend wanted to keep it quiet so we did. However, my ex continually calls me and comes up to me and ask if I got his snapchats to try and make conversation. Today it all got too much, he came and sat with me and a group of people he doesn't know and just stared at me...I snapped and brought up the night out so I'd have the excuse to tell him that I got with his friend in the hope hed be angry with me and finally move on! I don't regret it but I can't help feeling that it was a bitchy mood even if I think he deserved it... Any opinions??

Well it all added over time and it had to come out sometime. Just ignore/block the guy
Reply 7
Original post by 999tigger
What did he do to you?

and no becayse you asked him to leave you alone and he didnt.

Well the main thing was sleeping with one of my best friends multiple times. But generally over the course of our relationship he was very emotionally manipulative and difficult to deal with....we once had an argument over the weekend that we hadn't resolved when we got back to school so to try and make me feel sorry for him and forgive him he cried in the playground and then stormed out of one of our lessons
Well the main thing was sleeping with one of my best friends multiple times. But generally over the course of our relationship he was very emotionally manipulative and difficult to deal with....we once had an argument over the weekend that we hadn't resolved when we got back to school so to try and make me feel sorry for him and forgive him he cried in the playground and then stormed out of one of our lessons

But didnt he sleep with your friend when you had broken up and no longer a couple? He was free to do so?

I can only see the fact you told him no and he decided to ignore your wishes for which he got his come uppance. He will go away eventually, but it takes time for the message to get through. If he persists or you feel unsafe then report him.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending