The Student Room Group

Uni rejection help

I'm completing my final year of IB and got my finals in may 2016. So far I have been rejected by all the unis i have applied to because my transcripts are bad. My transcripts do not reflect my capabilities at all because I now I will score a lot better on the final, its just that with the IB I have been too relaxed and grades went downhill. I'm scared that I will not get into uni and was wondering if anyone experienced the same type of situation or has any advice for me. I want to study engineering but have a plan b which would be a business school.
Thanks for any help provided
Original post by chem_lord
I'm completing my final year of IB and got my finals in may 2016. So far I have been rejected by all the unis i have applied to because my transcripts are bad. My transcripts do not reflect my capabilities at all because I now I will score a lot better on the final, its just that with the IB I have been too relaxed and grades went downhill. I'm scared that I will not get into uni and was wondering if anyone experienced the same type of situation or has any advice for me. I want to study engineering but have a plan b which would be a business school.

Wait until you get your results then apply through clearing or take a gap year and apply next year.
Clearing or wait for results and reapply. They cna only make offers on what they see at th time.
Clearing is probably be your way forward, but be aware that you don't have to wait till results day to contact universities. Many of them rely on clearing to fill their courses and are quite open to a chat about the art of the possible prior to results day, whether you think you've bombed on exam day or, like you, are hoping to step up a notch. A bit of preparation could save you a lot of last minute panic.
Here's a link on the subject from Bradford, a university I know something about, on the subject.
http://www.bradford.ac.uk/undergraduate/clearing/dont-wait-plan-ahead/
Original post by chem_lord

The advice already provided is excellent. However you don't state which unis have rejected you and how bad your transcripts are. It is possible you could apply to a lower graded university through extra as another option.
Original post by Ringstone
Clearing is probably be your way forward, but be aware that you don't have to wait till results day to contact universities. Many of them rely on clearing to fill their courses and are quite open to a chat about the art of the possible prior to results day, whether you think you've bombed on exam day or, like you, are hoping to step up a notch. A bit of preparation could save you a lot of last minute panic.
Here's a link on the subject from Bradford, a university I know something about, on the subject.
http://www.bradford.ac.uk/undergraduate/clearing/dont-wait-plan-ahead/

Forward planning is definitely good advice when it comes to clearing. We have spoken to some of our current students who joined us during that period last year, and that was the strategy they suggested more than any other.

Good luck!

PAUL

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending