The Student Room Group

Architecture 2016 Entry Applications and Offers

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Georgiev
Got rejected from UCL after the interview. I am going to firm Manchester and put Nottingham or Cardiff as an insurance choice.
What are your opinions about these choices :smile:))

So sorry to hear that! May i ask when you had your UCL interview and when you heard about the rejection? And an offer from Cardiff is amazing! You definitely have good alternatives, well done.
Original post by zzdevzz
So sorry to hear that! May i ask when you had your UCL interview and when you heard about the rejection? And an offer from Cardiff is amazing! You definitely have good alternatives, well done.

Well, my interview was on 10th of March and heard from Bartlett early today! It was great opportunity to meet these people and to see the atmosphere in the Bartlett. Manchester is my desired choice so we go on with it! :smile:))
Hi is anyone still waiting to hear from Bath or Cardiff?
I'm currently torn between firming Nottingham or Kent, potentially insuring Huddersfield as they offered me an unconditional if I firmed them, all of the universities offered me AAB and I'm scared I might just miss the mark. Any recommendations or is anyone else applying to the same universities?
Anyone heard from glasgiw school of art?
I applied for Bartlett too but haven't even heard from them about an interview! Could this possibly because I'm a mature student and we get replies a bit later?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1266
Original post by elizacatarina
Got an offer from The Cass (London Met), thoughts? Good school?

I applied for Bartlett too but haven't even heard from them about an interview! Could this possibly because I'm a mature student and we get replies a bit later?

I am a mature student as well and I haven't heard from them about an interview either... Glad to hear someone in the same situation with me!
Original post by AuroraSara
I'm currently torn between firming Nottingham or Kent, potentially insuring Huddersfield as they offered me an unconditional if I firmed them, all of the universities offered me AAB and I'm scared I might just miss the mark. Any recommendations or is anyone else applying to the same universities?

I have applied to both of them however I cant decide whether i should put nottingham or sheffield for firm and if kent should be my insurance choice
Reply 1268
Original post by maeanne
Hi Cowie,

I'm new here and I happened to read your interesting review on architecture at Sheffield. Btw, congrats on your Bartlett offer! Anyways, I'm in a bit of a dilemma as I've been offered Sheffield, Manchester & Kent (conditional AAA, AAA, AAB). I'm an international student & need to firm Sheffield or Manchester very soon. I would prefer a practical course compared to a theoretical one.

Would appreciate any advice. Thanks!

Ooo hard choice.. They are both incredible places to study architecture! I have found most architecture courses rely very little on theoretical studies and more heavily on practical!
I would probably (personally) choose Manchester because I prefer the city, but from my knowledge they are both fantastic, so either way, you'll be going to a brilliant uni!
and thanks by the way^:smile:

Alll the best
How quickly does UCL respond back after interview? I had my interview on the 15th of March
Original post by Storm2323
How quickly does UCL respond back after interview? I had my interview on the 15th of March

They say it usually takes them 2-3 weeks after the interview to sort a decision out. But sometimes it might take longer due to the large number of applicants which is really likely since the got an interview in April while on the guideline it says that they usually end their interviews in March, hope that helps :smile:
Reply 1271
Does anyone know how long it takes Nottingham to get back to you after you have sent them your portfolio?
Original post by adds24
Does anyone know how long it takes Nottingham to get back to you after you have sent them your portfolio?

I didn't even get a portfolio request LOL. They asked me a couple of weeks ago for some transcripts as I'm international but after that nothing
Reply 1273
Original post by Francescopsq97
I didn't even get a portfolio request LOL. They asked me a couple of weeks ago for some transcripts as I'm international but after that nothing

Wow, I really hate the suspense! When you sent your transcripts did they acknowledge you by saying they have received it.
Original post by adds24
Wow, I really hate the suspense! When you sent your transcripts did they acknowledge you by saying they have received it.

No, emailed them asking but didn't hear back from them yet.
Reply 1275
Anyone still waiting to hear back from Liverpool?
Original post by Storm2323

See Georgiev's post about the outcome below:
Well, my interview was on 10th of March and heard from Bartlett early today! It was great opportunity to meet these people and to see the atmosphere in the Bartlett. Manchester is my desired choice so we go on with it! ))

It seems UCL issues rejections in two weeks after the interviews: offers can take from two weeks to two months for some...good luck!
Original post by hongwai
See Georgiev's post about the outcome below:
Well, my interview was on 10th of March and heard from Bartlett early today! It was great opportunity to meet these people and to see the atmosphere in the Bartlett. Manchester is my desired choice so we go on with it! ))

It seems UCL issues rejections in two weeks after the interviews: offers can take from two weeks to two months for some...good luck!

Congrats!!!
Original post by Myria_x
I have applied to both of them however I cant decide whether i should put nottingham or sheffield for firm and if kent should be my insurance choice

I'm still waiting for Sheffield to reply, however I submitted my portfolio a few months back and still haven't gotten a response xS Have you visited both unis? Nottingham has free materials which is really good, not sure about Sheffield and their pros.
Original post by adds24

They answered me after one month :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending