The Student Room Group

Everyone at sixth form ignores me

Had a bad fall out with one of my "friends" who kept putting me down and never had anything nice to say. I'm not a spiritual person but he had a REALLY negative aura about him - it got to a point where I had to think about what I said before I said it because I was tired of being put down, that shouldn't be something to worry about with friends. Not to that extent anyway. Anyway since then it seems everyone turned against me although I hadn't argued with them - everyone ignored me. It's not nice sitting alone in a room full of people. It's not like I didn't try - don't get me wrong. They'd sit in one place - I'd turn up and then they'd choose to sit some place else and make sure there's no spare seats. I got tired of it so now I spend break and lunch alone. I just want a friend you know? It's horrible being lonely although I look cool and calm on the outside it hurts on the inside. I've always found time to study and having friends never distracted me form education before - it's just that I'd like a friend to talk to when I'm on a break or if I've finished revision or to celebrate my birthday with or to just go out and chill with. I don't know how to approach it. It seems silly having these problems at this age but my sixth form is so tiny it's not like I have many options. Anyone else had this problem?
wait till summer and go on ncs
It is crap, but it might quieten down. Perhaps he has told people and theyve been sheeple. Presumably you are going to Uni, so work hard and then youll have loads of new friends to make there. Are there any societies or hobbies you do outside where you cna meet people and make friends?
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Had a bad fall out with one of my "friends" who kept putting me down and never had anything nice to say. I'm not a spiritual person but he had a REALLY negative aura about him - it got to a point where I had to think about what I said before I said it because I was tired of being put down, that shouldn't be something to worry about with friends. Not to that extent anyway. Anyway since then it seems everyone turned against me although I hadn't argued with them - everyone ignored me. It's not nice sitting alone in a room full of people. It's not like I didn't try - don't get me wrong. They'd sit in one place - I'd turn up and then they'd choose to sit some place else and make sure there's no spare seats. I got tired of it so now I spend break and lunch alone. I just want a friend you know? It's horrible being lonely although I look cool and calm on the outside it hurts on the inside. I've always found time to study and having friends never distracted me form education before - it's just that I'd like a friend to talk to when I'm on a break or if I've finished revision or to celebrate my birthday with or to just go out and chill with. I don't know how to approach it. It seems silly having these problems at this age but my sixth form is so tiny it's not like I have many options. Anyone else had this problem?

Better to be on your own than having "friends" like that.
A perfect example on why I don't like having so much friends. You could try and hang out with other people in the same classes as you. I can understand you having a falling-out with one friend, but i don't get why the other would suddenly stop hanging out with you. It makes you sound need and weak. Honestly i'd just go home early whenever i could
Don't let it be the end of the world if they continue to act like prats.

Im assuming your a girl?
I experienced a similar thing in sixth form. For reasons that I won't bother going into, I ditched my friends during the first year because I decided that I was probably better off without them. I didn't make any new friends during sixth form, so I went through the rest of the first and second year going it alone, not really speaking to anyone apart from the teachers.

Just know that as rubbish as it seems now, even if you don't make any new friends during the rest of sixth form, you will get through it, and there will be plenty more opportunities to make friends afterwards, whether you go to uni, do an apprenticeship or whatever else.

Also, you're welcome to PM me if you'd like someone to chat to :smile:
Reply 6
wait till summer and go on ncs

I've actually been on NCS. It was great but my team seem to have drifted apart and whenever I suggest a reunion everyone's busy. Thanks for the suggestion though X
Reply 7
Original post by 999tigger
It is crap, but it might quieten down. Perhaps he has told people and theyve been sheeple. Presumably you are going to Uni, so work hard and then youll have loads of new friends to make there. Are there any societies or hobbies you do outside where you cna meet people and make friends?

I think that is exactly what has happened, they've just followed him under fear everyone will turn against them.

I've tried looking for sports groups but it's hard to find one for begginers, local and free/ low cost - I'll keep trying though. Thank you X
Reply 8
Original post by M14B
Better to be on your own than having "friends" like that.

Very true X
Reply 9
Original post by TheDboyAi
A perfect example on why I don't like having so much friends. You could try and hang out with other people in the same classes as you. I can understand you having a falling-out with one friend, but i don't get why the other would suddenly stop hanging out with you. It makes you sound need and weak. Honestly i'd just go home early whenever i could
Don't let it be the end of the world if they continue to act like prats.

Im assuming your a girl?

The problem is that I have extremely small class sizes - my biggest class only has 7 people. All who choose to ignore me so it makes it hard to start new friendships. I actually came home early today as we had no lessons just Easter activities (e.g. Easter egg hunt, quizzes etc) I had to work on my own on the quiz as everyone formed their own groups and really didn't feel like sticking around to be left out again.
You're right though - it isn't the end of the world.
And yes, I'm a girl:smile: X
Original post by Leviathan1741
I experienced a similar thing in sixth form. For reasons that I won't bother going into, I ditched my friends during the first year because I decided that I was probably better off without them. I didn't make any new friends during sixth form, so I went through the rest of the first and second year going it alone, not really speaking to anyone apart from the teachers.

Just know that as rubbish as it seems now, even if you don't make any new friends during the rest of sixth form, you will get through it, and there will be plenty more opportunities to make friends afterwards, whether you go to uni, do an apprenticeship or whatever else.

Also, you're welcome to PM me if you'd like someone to chat to :smile:

Very true. At least now I'm not being put down all of the time - it could be worse at least they leave me alone. I'm hoping to find many more opportunities in life although I have no idea what it will entail - it won't be like this forever.

Thank you for your advice and your offer for a chat - it means a lot to me X x
I think that is exactly what has happened, they've just followed him under fear everyone will turn against them.

I've tried looking for sports groups but it's hard to find one for begginers, local and free/ low cost - I'll keep trying though. Thank you X

Just to repeat I am really sympathetic to whats happened. Its just the sort of behaviour people do. He is at fault and he is immature,

Not everyone will believe or support him but sheeple fear it for themselves and its easier to go along. they will get bored. If you are 6th form then consider doing some voluntray work or experience suitable for supporting your PS. Then you can meet new people and be contributing to your future.

You really leave behind your schoolfriends quite quickly once you go to Uni, 6th form goes quickly so the only thing that matters is your studies,. get a book to read + music, surf the net etc during lunchtime. You will cope best if you dont let it bother you and focus on other things. The fact you cope will annoy him.
The problem is that I have extremely small class sizes - my biggest class only has 7 people. All who choose to ignore me so it makes it hard to start new friendships. I actually came home early today as we had no lessons just Easter activities (e.g. Easter egg hunt, quizzes etc) I had to work on my own on the quiz as everyone formed their own groups and really didn't feel like sticking around to be left out again.
You're right though - it isn't the end of the world.
And yes, I'm a girl:smile: X

Hi, i guess i went abit over board there-_-. But im sure you find link minded new friends to hang out with. girls usually ten to mix well with each other. hope this helps:smile:
It's not the end of the world, you still have your studies and your life.

Focus on your studies and your ambitions and in time you'll make worthy friends.

You don't need people who ignore you, they are not worthy of your friendship.

You could join clubs, sports clubs or join on-line friendship groups or go on meetup.

You can PM about anything you want and I'll be your friend :smile:

Good luck"
If your planning to go uni you'll meet a lot of people that'll get along with you, trust me. U got ur whole life ahead of you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending