The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Has Nottingham sent out any rejections yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sarahblake
Still waiting to hear back from Bristol and they're my first choice but after reading this I am expecting a rejection, we seem pretty similar candidates :frown: I got AABB too, am predicted A*AA, got 9 A*s, 2 As and 2 Bs but only got 25 in my LNAT. Currently got offers from Newcastle, Warwick and Kings and a rejection from UCL. Fingers crossed.

Are you an international student?

Also, out of curiosity, why do you prefer Bristol over Kings? Is it because of the cost of living?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jasmine Lim
Are you an international student?

Also, out of curiosity, why do you prefer Bristol over Kings? Is it because of the cost of living?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No not an international student? And not necessarily the cost of living, just preferred the city and university on a whole, better feel for the place. I know a lot of people that hated University life in London due to how busy and intense it can be, however many others love it. Bristol just seemed a better student city for me personally and the law school was beautiful.
Reply 3683
Original post by SebastianCanuck
Congratulations! Could I ask what you're LNAT was and you're predicted grades?

Thanks a lot! I was exempted from the LNAT due to some circumstances and as for predicted grades, I'm in a Canadian school system and my school doesn't give predicted grades (Durham didn't ask for them too) but I took my IGCSEs last year and so I'm guessing they were an alternative to predicted grades in my case since I switched systems. I got 2 A*s 4 A's and 3 B's, if you're wondering
Reply 3684
Original post by olsena
Congrats

Thank you! Have you applied there?
See you at Kings!! I've also firmed Kings and insured Bristol! :smile:

Original post by chloeg56
Firming kings but don't know whether to insure Bristol or QMUL (same requirements). Love London and the course at QMUL (law and politics) because I'm super interested in politics as well as law but Bristol seems cosy, cheaper and of course it is a wonderful university. The course at Bristol, despite being straight law, looks great too when looking into the optional units! Does anyone go to either of these universities and can tell me about student life/the courses or does anyone have any ideas?
Original post by mariewilliams
See you at Kings!! I've also firmed Kings and insured Bristol! :smile:

What chance do I stand for law at LSE
GCSE: A* A* A* A B B B B C C D
AS: AAAA
A2: A* A* A*
strong personal statement

any advice is widely appreciated
Original post by JohnGreek
GCSEs are weak, but AS/A2 seem to be up to par with what most applicants have. A general point that I've heard is that people shouldn't rely *too* much on a "strong" personal statement to compensate for glaring weaknesses elsewhere in their application, due to the fact that their view may be skewed on how strong it is exactly compared to others in their cohort, and the reality that most offer holders are bound to have a combo of top grades + strong P.S.

Do you have any extenuating circumstances for those GCSEs?

My sibling went through various mental illnesses and was hospitalised during the time of my GCSE's for 3months which put a strain on me as she could have died
Thank you ,but do you think they will take it seriously, I have a medical note from my siblings consultant doctor from GCSEs when I applied for special consideration , will this definitely imporve my chances on getting to lse
Reply 3689
Original post by AnnaJBrady
Anyone going to the UCL law offer holders day tomorrow?

I've still not even heard anything back from them yet... anyone else in the same boat?
Reply 3690
Original post by oli19919
Is 7A*s still considered good for law at Oxford even though that's the average for my school

Posted from TSR Mobile

that's totally fine - i got 7A* 1A 3B at GCSE and was made an offer for law from oriel college
Reply 3691
Original post by Viria
Anyone else still waiting on an offer/rejection from UCL?

ME!! i rang up admissions and the lady said i'll hear back by the 31st march
Got offers from all five choices - Sheffield, Liverpool, Reading , UEA and Essex . Just chose Sheffield as firm and Liverpool as my insurance. Hopefully I can get in! 😁 Anyone else going to Sheffield?
Hey, everyone!

Wondering if anyone who applied for Durham's VC's scholarship have been notified of the outcome.

Are unsuccessful applicants also notified or are only the successful ones are sent a letter/message?

Thanks x
Original post by sarahblake
Still waiting to hear back from Bristol and they're my first choice but after reading this I am expecting a rejection, we seem pretty similar candidates :frown: I got AABB too, am predicted A*AA, got 9 A*s, 2 As and 2 Bs but only got 25 in my LNAT. Currently got offers from Newcastle, Warwick and Kings and a rejection from UCL. Fingers crossed.

"expect the worst but hope for the best". You have better predications and GCSEs than me so you never know!! Your other offers are really fantastic though so well done. Best of luck with Bristol. I think I was going to firm Bristol too :frown:
Thank you for your email. I can confirm that your UCAS Track will be updated shortly. The Admissions Tutor for Law has had an exceptionally high number of applications and is always extremely thorough when making decisions. We have now received all of these back into the Centralised Admissions Office and therefore you will be hearing soon.

From Nottingham law llb
Original post by qwertyuipdoe
Is the decision maker one person or a group of people?

One person apparently as they told me she had gone home for the week
Received an offer from Nottingham last night
Reply 3698
Original post by Sajabajax
Received an offer from Nottingham last night

Congrats!! Do you mind me asking what your lnat AS grades and A2 predictions were?
Original post by lks97
Congrats!! Do you mind me asking what your lnat AS grades and A2 predictions were?

Thank you!
AS: AAAA
A2 prediction: A*A*A
LNAT: 24

Latest

Trending

Trending