The Student Room Group

World Twenty20 2016 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Student403
Ffs man I don't even support either team and that match has pissed me off so much

Same lol, they did so well until the end. I guess I was expecting a well deserved win for them, so disappointed :lol:
Honestly **** me! That was the worst end to what I thought would be the best end to a match this tournament.

11 off 6
got it to 2 off 3

Then threw it all away.
Honestly **** me! That was the worst end to what I thought would be the best end to a match this tournament.

11 off 6
got it to 2 off 3

Then threw it all away.

most intense match of the tournament
That was a amazing match so tense

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Biryani007
This. I'm sat here facepalming :cry2: :lol:

He's an amazing player but I just don't like how arrogant he is...it would have been nice seeing the look on his face if they lost..

He woudlnt care his runs wont move from his name thats all he cares about.

11 off 6
got it to 2 off 3

Then threw it all away.

Match of the tournament, for sure.
Mushy going for a six was fair enough, but then Mahmudullah shouldn't have gone for a biggie the next ball.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 546
At the end of the day, India kept the faith and managed to win out of what looked like a hopeless cause. Stop whining. :u:
Original post by Yawn!
At the end of the day, India kept the faith and managed to win out of what looked like a hopeless cause. Stop whining. :u:

:laugh:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Yawn!

Tbh if you saw those last 2 balls they were rubbish - Bangladesh really screwed up.. Good catches fair enough but terrible death bowling
Reply 549
Tbh if you saw those last 2 balls they were rubbish - Bangladesh really screwed up.. Good catches fair enough but terrible death bowling

I'll agree to disagree....and yes, I did see them. I saw the whole match. :rolleyes:
Original post by Yawn!
I'll agree to disagree.

If you think it was good bowling... fair enough lol
Reply 551
If you think it was good bowling... fair enough lol

Why are you so bitter, lol. India won. Get over it.
Original post by Yawn!
Why are you so bitter, lol. India won. Get over it.

Bro I am partly Indian - why would I be bitter at an Indian win?... I'm unhappy at the Bangladeshi screw up. Not saying India played badly in the match
Reply 553
Bro I am partly Indian - why would I be bitter at an Indian win?... I'm unhappy at the Bangladeshi screw up. Not saying India played badly in the match

They may have wanted a flashy finish, or maybe the pressure got to them. In the end it was a battle of nerves that India won.

I admit BD screwed up royally there at the end, but I'm not going to take away from an Indian side that clearly believed they could win up to the last ball, even though it looked like they were out of the game for a good while.
Original post by Yawn!
They may have wanted a flashy finish, or maybe the pressure got to them. In the end it was a battle of nerves that India won.

I admit BD screwed up royally there at the end, but I'm not going to take away from an Indian side that clearly believed they could win up to the last ball, even though it looked like they were out of the game for a good while.

Agreed

And the first part also yeah definitely an amateur move. A mistake that very few Indian batsmen would have made. Granted it was 8 or 9 down or whatever, but any batsmen should know not to play silly shots like that
Probably fixed lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 556
What a match. That's exactly the reason why I watch cricket.

I thought it was done and dusted, and Bangladesh would emerge victorious, but then that scintillating and pulsating final over occurred. What a hat-trick from Hardik Pandya - though, of course, the final wicket will go down as a run out.

The death bowling was expert. The decision was obviously to bowl yorkers - and it was executed superbly. It reminded me of Chris Jordan's exceptional tactics during the Super Over last year.

Bangladesh well and truly bottled it. They batted better, bowled better and fielded better and still lost. They should have capitalised on Kohli's slow start (it took him a fair while to find the boundary) and India's failings with the bat.
Original post by cupcakes87
AB de V all the way!!!

And omdays the stresssss! INDIAAA! :woo:

But Bangladeshh had ittt, why go for the sixes :facepalm:

The last over was intenseeeeeeeeeee
Reply 558
The India vs. Australia match is now effectively a QF. Can't wait.
Erm.... this basically Lol

Quick Reply

Latest