The Student Room Group

Which Uni is good for Computer Science?

Recently, I received offers for computer science from the following universities:

University of Southampton - G401 (MEng)
University of Bristol - G403(Meng)
University of Glasgow - G400(Bsc)

The conditions for Glasgow are A*A*A*, and, for the other two, AAA

Which one do you think I should choose ?
Glasgow is A*A*A*?
Reply 2
Original post by costindev
Recently, I received offers for computer science from the following universities:

Lol Glasgow are mugging you off
Reply 3
Glasgow?

Are they even in the top 10

df is going on
you could go cambridge if you got that glasgow offer wtf

Is the Glasgow offer for entry straight into the second year? Regardless, I rank them Bristol > Southampton > Glasgow. I was put of Glasgow's CS course by the way their prospectus seemed to have copied and pasted the description of their computer science course into the pages for informatics and software engineering.

It seems a bit pointless to go for Glasgow with those requirements, as if you achieved them you could get into Oxbridge or Imperial (which you would presumably prefer).
Original post by Abishek Malhotra
University of Mumbai - 121, Mahatma Gandhi Rd, Kala Ghoda, Fort Kala Ghoda, Fort Mumbai, Maharashtra

😂😂😂😂😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by sweeneyrod
Is the Glasgow offer for entry straight into the second year? Regardless, I rank them Bristol > Southampton > Glasgow. I was put of Glasgow's CS course by the way their prospectus seemed to have copied and pasted the description of their computer science course into the pages for informatics and software engineering.

It seems a bit pointless to go for Glasgow with those requirements, as if you achieved them you could get into Oxbridge or Imperial (which you would presumably prefer).

Thank you! :smile:
Do you have any particular reason for saying that Bristol is better than Southampton ?

Does anyone have a different opinion?
(edited 8 years ago)
Thank you! :smile:
Do you have any particular reason for saying that Bristol is better than Southampton ?

Does anyone have a different opinion?

I applied to Bristol (for CS with maths), but not to Southampton mainly based on the lower entry requirements of Southampton. I think Bristol is generally slightly better regarded (and higher in league tables) and I was very impressed with the computer science department there on the open day. Southampton is also perfectly good though, so I would base your decision on differences in course details, accommodation, location, grade requirements, bursaries etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending