The Student Room Group

My Road to A* everywhere

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nisha.sri
Well done :smile: Have you started revising yet? If you have, if you don't mind could you post what you do everyday :smile: :biggrin:

Unfortunately not. The ball buster will start from Friday. I will be posting every detail of the ball buster from the moment I wake up to the moment I sleep. Did you guys do last years Lit paper ? This is the mark awarded for last year's paper that we did as a mock. The grade boundaries are extremely high. Still got an A star so I can't really complain 😂😂😂👌🙏

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786
Unfortunately not. The ball buster will start from Friday. I will be posting every detail of the ball buster from the moment I wake up to the moment I sleep. Did you guys do last years Lit paper ? This is the mark awarded for last year's paper that we did as a mock. The grade boundaries are extremely high. Still got an A star so I can't really complain 😂😂😂👌🙏

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok :smile: Is this for WJEC , then no i haven't and wow well done :smile: You must be really intelligent :smile: What were the grade boundaries?!
Ok :smile: Is this for WJEC , then no i haven't and wow well done :smile: You must be really intelligent :smile: What were the grade boundaries?!

I wouldn't count myself as really intelligent but thanks. This is for AQA.

39-54 A*

32-38 A

25-31 B

19-24 C

13-18 D

10-12 E

0-9 U

Posted from TSR Mobile
This is only for the poetry exam 2015

Posted from TSR Mobile
The teacher who marked this ( who is also a chief examiner for AQA ) said that I would've gotten higher if my handwriting was clearer towards the end of the paper.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wouldn't count myself as really intelligent but thanks. This is for AQA.

39-54 A*

32-38 A

25-31 B

19-24 C

13-18 D

10-12 E

0-9 U

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh right :smile: I do WJEC :smile: I absolutely hate peotry and that is because i can barely understand it :frown:
Hey guys :smile:
Do you reckon if i do all the past papers there is for a subject on the internet. I could then get a good grade.
Is there any other ways you guys revise for subjects to get A*
Hey guys :smile:
Do you reckon if i do all the past papers there is for a subject on the internet. I could then get a good grade.
Is there any other ways you guys revise for subjects to get A*

Yeah. That's probably the best way to go for it. From the past papers you can see where you're at and where your slipping because it's always 'slippery when wet'. Get the joke ?

You should also look at the specification but you really don't need to know somethings in much depth and it'll save you time knowing that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah. That's probably the best way to go for it. From the past papers you can see where you're at and where your slipping because it's always 'slippery when wet'. Get the joke ?

You should also look at the specification but you really don't need to know somethings in much depth and it'll save you time knowing that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok and nope :smile: I don't get your joke , i have to think for prolonged time to get a joke. :biggrin:
Yup i have looked at the specification :smile:
Do you attend a grammar or state school ?
(edited 8 years ago)
Just got my Lit results back. I got the highest mark in the year. 40 out of idk. It was for poetry. I'm chuffed because I did sod all for the exam.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got the joke - quite glad I did tbh :biggrin::biggrin:
Oh right :smile: I do WJEC :smile: I absolutely hate peotry and that is because i can barely understand it :frown:

I'm the same, poetry just doesn't register in my brain, so I'll be hopeless at unseen!
Luckily I'm quite good at the comparison (and it's worth more marks) as its the poems from our anthology which I jut ripped some notes off the internet for :tongue:
Original post by brainzistheword
I got the joke - quite glad I did tbh :biggrin::biggrin:

What does he mean by slippery when wet ?!
Original post by NiamhM1801
I'm the same, poetry just doesn't register in my brain, so I'll be hopeless at unseen!
Luckily I'm quite good at the comparison (and it's worth more marks) as its the poems from our anthology which I jut ripped some notes off the internet for :tongue:

Hahaa Same :smile: I can analyse the poetry a bit but understanding poetry is annoying actually confuses me
What does he mean by slippery when wet ?!

If I am right, he is referring to an album by Bon Jovi

@MR.ANONYMOUS 786 is that right :biggrin:

You guys have the same type of music taste guess i am the odd one out i prefer pop not always pop but i like to listen to different types of songs :smile:

Yes. You got the joke.👍👍👍

Posted from TSR Mobile
You guys have the same type of music taste guess i am the odd one out i prefer pop not always pop but i like to listen to different types of songs :smile:

Don't worry. I'm the only kid in my school that listens to this kind of music. Only a few of my teachers share the same interest in music.

We can still be friends. Music shouldn't be a barrier. Lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I love loads of types of music and some of them are completely different to the likes of Bon Jovi and such like :smile:

All I will say is that I don't think they make music as good as they used to :biggrin:
Ok and nope :smile: I don't get your joke , i have to think for prolonged time to get a joke. :biggrin:
Yup i have looked at the specification :smile:
Do you attend a grammar or state school ?

No. I attend a state school. Although I did attend QE boys for a few months but decided to leave due to family matters.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending