The Student Room Group

Keele A100 Applicants 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Paulie'sGirl
I think you said earlier you were the lady in the lovely green dress and black jacket? Unless someone made very similar choices to you we were there at the same time, and were both in the afternoon group. I was in the second half of the afternoon :wink:

Oh yes, I'm sorry I didn't realise :smile: How did you find it?
I'm genuinely loosing it over the wait, I'm certain I screwed it up, I don't want to rejection but waiting for it is just killing me.
Original post by Jacqualyn
Oh yes, I'm sorry I didn't realise :smile: How did you find it?
I'm genuinely loosing it over the wait, I'm certain I screwed it up, I don't want to rejection but waiting for it is just killing me.

I was almost completely thrown by the roleplaying, I get self-conscious when I'm 'acting' and the scenarios didn't help! (trying to be cryptic!). I started on the rest station, which was just the luck of the draw really. The rest of it was fine, I really enjoyed some of it. They may have come away with the impression that I speak at 1.5x speed in daily life though! I was really conscious of the time thing.
I was speaking to a friend who's a GP, afterwards about the scenarios and what I said / did, and his comment was that few people do well in that environment for a variety of factors, and that even consultants dread that style of station in their assessments.

I'm not sure we should read too much in to how badly we feel we did, and we'll only know whether we did enough when we get the Golden Email!
The role plays were so awkward hahahhaa
Original post by AFC_123456789
The role plays were so awkward hahahhaa

Have you heard anything yet? How are you coping
ANY International Applicant Got An Offer?!?!?
Congrats to anyone who got an offer yesterday, assuming a few more of us will be hearing today so massive good luck to everyone!! So nervous!!
Just got an email from UCAS but was just their newsletter almost had a heart attack!! why do they do this to us!! still waiting
I never know which email account to check I used a personal one for the UCAS application but my interview invitation came through my Keele email account, so whenever I get an email on either account I loose it :L
I got an offer today at half 10!! :smile: It came as an email from Keele. I was interviewed on the 2nd of March
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1330
Original post by Medic98
I got an offer today at half 10!! :smile: It came as an email from Keele. I was interviewed on the 2nd of March

Congrats !
Original post by WALMO
Congrats !

Thanks!!
CONGRATULATIONS who got offer

Any International Applicant?!?
Anyone who had an interview last week heard back yet? or do you think we'll all be waiting until after the bank holiday
Just to reiterate, we'll definitely know by the 31st. I just spoke to the admissions office (to change my address) and the lady said that they'll have sent out/offers rejections by close of play 31st.
11:05 today morn. got an offer. Grad with MSc. Was my final chance of med to XD
Original post by DarkTitan
11:05 today morn. got an offer. Grad with MSc. Was my final chance of med to XD

Congrats, love it when people who have no other options get offers XD when was your interview? You must be absolutely buzzing
Original post by stephannalee
Congrats, love it when people who have no other options get offers XD when was your interview? You must be absolutely buzzing

Mine was the 3rd March. Tbh I think I absolutely flopped the maths test. Like my personal view is it was around 50% or less, so if there are any people with bad maths skills who felt that way but felt their interview was pleasant hold on to that hope!
Original post by DarkTitan
Mine was the 3rd March. Tbh I think I absolutely flopped the maths test. Like my personal view is it was around 50% or less, so if there are any people with bad maths skills who felt that way but felt their interview was pleasant hold on to that hope!

How did you feel the actual interview bit went?
Original post by stephannalee
How did you feel the actual interview bit went?

The actual interview went nicely. I just showed the human side of me at all times as I got a friendly vibe from the interviewers. Giving both sides of an argument at all times and when asked I gave my own opinion the reason why but at the same time acknowledging the opposite side of a given point. The role play was interesting it didn't throw me off (still didn't quite know what to say, just let the role player do their thing), I just treated it as I would another patient on the ward (introduction, obtaining consent for anything i do etc.) because I worked as a HCA and working with patients suffering with dementia so you get used with patients running at you randomly or wacking you with a towel etc. so you train yourself to keep your composure in all situations.

I made sure to mention experiences from both my HCA work and MSc saying stuff like well I have xyz opinion of this because when i worked as a HCA this is what I saw in this situation but I also realize that one should be open minded to the opposite. I basically learned from my one other interview at KCL and just relaxed myself and found that made things much much nicer to get my point across and that in turn made the entire experience and go smoothly. I wasn't worried about the interview as much as I was about that maths exam.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending