The Student Room Group

Protostar's journey to amazing grades! (GCSE)

Scroll to see replies

16/03/2016 - Evening/night update

Sorry I didn't update yesterday, honestly had the day from hell because of one teacher causing me to almost cry in my German lesson :smile::smile::smile:

But today's been better, thankfully.

I went to a geography revision session after school today, and recapped the Boscastle 2004 flood as a case study for our rivers unit,got some pretty detailed notes on it now, so it was successful really

Other than that, my main priority today has been my PE CA and sorting out things ready to start revising them, rather than just throwing myself straight in. Got my PE finished and emailed to my teacher so that's out of the way, we'll probably start the write up tomorrow.

Made some typed up notes on my anthology poems for English, as I need to get that sorted out and get my notes learnt for that. Although I did best in the class in my poetry comparison mock, so I can't be that bad :tongue:

I also typed up the list of ALL geography case studies and which units they're from, so I can print it off and highlight them when I've learnt them again. (I'm trying to use typed up stuff more because I'm a very slow writer and I have a lot to get through!)

All in all I think that I'll be prepared for my exams when they come around, I just need to make sure I stick to what I've planned. But I've kind of built up a habit of revising now so it should be easier to keep up.

2 months today until my first exam, bring it on! :biggrin:
Original post by NiamhM1801
16/03/2016 - Evening/night update

Sorry I didn't update yesterday, honestly had the day from hell because of one teacher causing me to almost cry in my German lesson :smile::smile::smile:

But today's been better, thankfully.

I went to a geography revision session after school today, and recapped the Boscastle 2004 flood as a case study for our rivers unit,got some pretty detailed notes on it now, so it was successful really

Other than that, my main priority today has been my PE CA and sorting out things ready to start revising them, rather than just throwing myself straight in. Got my PE finished and emailed to my teacher so that's out of the way, we'll probably start the write up tomorrow.

Made some typed up notes on my anthology poems for English, as I need to get that sorted out and get my notes learnt for that. Although I did best in the class in my poetry comparison mock, so I can't be that bad :tongue:

I also typed up the list of ALL geography case studies and which units they're from, so I can print it off and highlight them when I've learnt them again. (I'm trying to use typed up stuff more because I'm a very slow writer and I have a lot to get through!)

All in all I think that I'll be prepared for my exams when they come around, I just need to make sure I stick to what I've planned. But I've kind of built up a habit of revising now so it should be easier to keep up.

2 months today until my first exam, bring it on! :biggrin:

What is your first exam :smile:
Original post by nisha.sri
What is your first exam :smile:

My first exam is RS Unit 1, on the 16th of May :smile:

What's yours?
My first exam is RS Unit 1, on the 16th of May :smile:

What's yours?

Mines 17th May French and Biology :smile:
How much do you revise per day sorry just asking this to everyone in order to get a rough idea :smile: Thank s
Mines 17th May French and Biology :smile:
How much do you revise per day sorry just asking this to everyone in order to get a rough idea :smile: Thank s

I try to get at least 2 hours on a school night, but it has happened where I've done about 4 and a half hours one day, so it varies

On Saturdays I normally try and do between 4 and 6 hours currently, but I want to up this nearer the time

On Sundays I do the least, usually just homework and maybe an hour if I'm good. I'm definitely going to change this soon

During the Easter holidays I want to do at least 5 hours a day. :smile:
I try to get at least 2 hours on a school night, but it has happened where I've done about 4 and a half hours one day, so it varies

On Saturdays I normally try and do between 4 and 6 hours currently, but I want to up this nearer the time

On Sundays I do the least, usually just homework and maybe an hour if I'm good. I'm definitely going to change this soon

During the Easter holidays I want to do at least 5 hours a day. :smile:

That is great i am sure you will a good grade :smile:
I do 3 hours on school days
Saturday - 6-7 hours
Sunday- Nearly the whole time ( only day where i can revise so i might as well make the most out of it :smile: )
That is great i am sure you will a good grade :smile:
I do 3 hours on school days
Saturday - 6-7 hours
Sunday- Nearly the whole time ( only day where i can revise so i might as well make the most out of it :smile: )

Wow that's really good! I'm sure you'll do well with that much revision :smile:
Wow that's really good! I'm sure you'll do well with that much revision :smile:

I hope! my trouble is memorising things .. I need to work on that :smile:
:smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
18/03/2016 - Evening update of some sort

Today's been a weird old day.

Started off normal, with a student teaching a PE theory lesson and the usual amount of sass from our maths teacher (which is a lot)

But then at break my German class were invited to our classroom to wish goodbye to our lovely German assistant (she even made a delicious cake for us!) as today was her last day at our school :frown:

After break I had Geography (ughhh) but I was only there for about half an hour because some of us (set one maths) had to leave to go on a maths trip, which meant I also missed English :biggrin: and German :frown:

The trip itself was weird, it was at the Playhouse and it was basically 4 people talking about what they like about maths for almost 3 hours, quite boring really and I love maths.

In terms of revision for today, well there hasn't been any. I have however written down everything I need to know for each of my exams, so that I'm not wasting any time revising things I know won't come up. I can also start hardcore revision tomorrow, as I've been REALLY slack up until now.

Next week I've got Friday off as its Good Friday, and therefore I also have the following Monday off too. Nice little long weekend to get some proper revision done without school interfering, woo :biggrin:

Then I'm back at school for 4 days before we break up for the Easter holidays (don't ask, Leeds messed up its half terms this year, so now Easter's not even in the EASTER holidays :s-smilie:), which is 2 weeks off, fantastic :biggrin:

I think I'll definitely be prepared when it comes to it, I'm just relying on time away from school to be honest

(Sorry for such a long update, got a bit carried away :s-smilie:)
19/03/2016 - Evening update

Got a fair bit done today (could've been more though)

I started at 9am, with making some brief notes on some topics for PE, which I'll extend and turn into a full revision resource another day

Then I got into some further maths, and did one of the past papers that are at the back of the exam practice workbook (got 74/105, not that good tbh :frown:)

Was about to continue my population revision for Geog, but then got sidetracked and before long my grandma came and took us out for tea, and after that it was time for Ant and Dec so I never really got onto it. :s-smilie:

Tomorrow I'll barely do any revision, as I'll be getting up early to tidy (my mums away so we've been self-reliant since Tuesday and NOTHINGS got done :s-smilie:) and after that I'm going to my friends birthday party (why are so many people born in March?? :tongue:) so I doubt I'll have time to do much, oh well.

I'll get back on track on Monday :wink:

I'll get back on track on Monday :wink:

HAHAHAHAHAHA

22/03/2016 - Evening update

Why can I never stick to what I plan to do? Yesterday I did absolutely no revision whatsoever, so I really wanted to do some today to get back on track, but my mum came back from Spain so nothing got done, surprise surprise :angry:

I popped into wilkos after badminton today and bought some plastic wallets (I was in desperate need) and a REALLY COOL index card holder and 50 index cards, which I'm sure will be super useful especially for subjects like science :smile:

Tomorrow I'm DEFINITELY going to do some revision as this is getting ridiculous now, I need to crack on. I also have a maths exam tomorrow which I haven't prepared for, so I'll probably get between 85 and 95% for that, depending on the difficulty of it so that's no problem.

Also today my chemistry teacher decided to drop the fact that next weeks her last week on us??? The most annoying thing is we still have an entire unit left to cover, and loads of revision to do, and it'll have to be with a different teacher. I don't cope well with change at the best of times, so god knows how I'm going to handle this :s-smilie: WHY DO TEACHERS HIDE THINGS FOR SO LONG????

So now I'm very scared about chemistry, as its not one of my strongest subjects anyway and considering my teachers given up on teaching, I'm dreading my chemistry exams.

AND IVE HAD A STUPID GERMAN SONG STUCK IN MY HEAD ALL DAY, THANKS MISS :angry::angry:
HAHAHAHAHAHA

22/03/2016 - Evening update

Why can I never stick to what I plan to do? Yesterday I did absolutely no revision whatsoever, so I really wanted to do some today to get back on track, but my mum came back from Spain so nothing got done, surprise surprise :angry:

I popped into wilkos after badminton today and bought some plastic wallets (I was in desperate need) and a REALLY COOL index card holder and 50 index cards, which I'm sure will be super useful especially for subjects like science :smile:

Tomorrow I'm DEFINITELY going to do some revision as this is getting ridiculous now, I need to crack on. I also have a maths exam tomorrow which I haven't prepared for, so I'll probably get between 85 and 95% for that, depending on the difficulty of it so that's no problem.

Also today my chemistry teacher decided to drop the fact that next weeks her last week on us??? The most annoying thing is we still have an entire unit left to cover, and loads of revision to do, and it'll have to be with a different teacher. I don't cope well with change at the best of times, so god knows how I'm going to handle this :s-smilie: WHY DO TEACHERS HIDE THINGS FOR SO LONG????

So now I'm very scared about chemistry, as its not one of my strongest subjects anyway and considering my teachers given up on teaching, I'm dreading my chemistry exams.

AND IVE HAD A STUPID GERMAN SONG STUCK IN MY HEAD ALL DAY, THANKS MISS :angry::angry:

Aww Bless you.. I am literally just like you i can never get motivated :frown: but sometimes i look at the long-term and those flashing grades.

I mean if your teacher isn't teaching you anymore you can still have friends and other teachers at school to help you :smile: Don't worry I am sure you will be fine :smile:
Just crack on with your revision :smile:
Aww Bless you.. I am literally just like you i can never get motivated :frown: but sometimes i look at the long-term and those flashing grades.

I mean if your teacher isn't teaching you anymore you can still have friends and other teachers at school to help you :smile: Don't worry I am sure you will be fine :smile:
Just crack on with your revision :smile:

Aw thank you, I've managed to get some motivation today so I'm actually revising right now - and it's chemistry! :wink:
I know I'll do ok, as the last unit isn't long or hard so I'll easily be able to self-teach it (what I'm doing right now), and I can follow up any weak points on my own so I should be sorted - I guess I was just shocked yesterday so I was panicking! :s-smilie:
I'll be fine :tongue:
Aw thank you, I've managed to get some motivation today so I'm actually revising right now - and it's chemistry! :wink:
I know I'll do ok, as the last unit isn't long or hard so I'll easily be able to self-teach it (what I'm doing right now), and I can follow up any weak points on my own so I should be sorted - I guess I was just shocked yesterday so I was panicking! :s-smilie:
I'll be fine :tongue:

I'm sure you will be fine :smile: You better get on with your revision for chemistry before you get distracted :smile: and i am as well english Literature :smile:
Is this Unit 3 Chemistry AQA ? If so, Yup that is easy :smile:
I'm sure you will be fine :smile: You better get on with your revision for chemistry before you get distracted :smile: and i am as well english Literature :smile:
Is this Unit 3 Chemistry AQA ? If so, Yup that is easy :smile:

No it's actually C2 for OCR 21st Century :tongue:
My teacher said it's easy, that's why she saved it til last and made us do the hard ones (C6 and C7) while we still had plenty of time haha
No it's actually C2 for OCR 21st Century :tongue:
My teacher said it's easy, that's why she saved it til last and made us do the hard ones (C6 and C7) while we still had plenty of time haha

Oh ok most people do OCR wow :smile: So how much are you planning to revise during easter?
Oh ok most people do OCR wow :smile: So how much are you planning to revise during easter?

Really? I thought most people did AQA :s-smilie:
And during Easter I'm never going to stop! :tongue:
Seriously though, probably around 7-8 hours a day should be enough for me I think. Also because it's 2 weeks, by the end of the holidays I'll be used to it so it should be easier and I'll be less likely to get distracted/lose motivation, hopefully.
What about you?
Really? I thought most people did AQA :s-smilie:
And during Easter I'm never going to stop! :tongue:
Seriously though, probably around 7-8 hours a day should be enough for me I think. Also because it's 2 weeks, by the end of the holidays I'll be used to it so it should be easier and I'll be less likely to get distracted/lose motivation, hopefully.
What about you?

I want to do a lot :smile: :smile: 8-9 hours a day :smile: so i can get loads done :smile:
I want to do a lot :smile: :smile: 8-9 hours a day :smile: so i can get loads done :smile:

Yeah I want to do loads too, along with quite a few past papers (started printing off some science ones today (3 biology, 1 physics) so I need to make sure I've got 3 for each science, an RS one (or maybe two), a PE one, a German one (but I don't really need one of these), a geography one (although that'll take loads off my printing allowance :s-smilie:) and maybe some others all by the end of next week
Yeah I want to do loads too, along with quite a few past papers (started printing off some science ones today (3 biology, 1 physics) so I need to make sure I've got 3 for each science, an RS one (or maybe two), a PE one, a German one (but I don't really need one of these), a geography one (although that'll take loads off my printing allowance :s-smilie:) and maybe some others all by the end of next week

Why don't you do them off the internet online that is what i do :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending