The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by chemting
Praise the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ!
For any Christian who are feeling aroused, celebrate your Lord...

https://youtu.be/j8ZF_R_j0OY

Posted from TSR Mobile
best comment on youtube :

well, Jesus did say turn the other cheek...
Original post by The Radman
It's very strange how the two suicide bombers had criminal pasts.

Islamic State always present this view of themselves as pious religious warriors, but every member we have learned about, these suicide bombers, Jihadi John are not pious scholars or intelligent people who had great prospects in life, but losers, people who are socially alienated who know in their heart they have no way to succeed in mainstream society.
my opinion : mostly misfits

"rebels without a cause" who finally found one : an Islamic one (unfortunately for Islam)
Original post by mariachi
my opinion : mostly misfits

"rebels without a cause" who finally found one : an Islamic one (unfortunately for Islam)

I believe one of them had an arrest for armed robbery, after that on your record, there is no real way back into society, so they double down on their religion and go for martyrdom. I honestly do think better education would help, not because it would make them less Islamic, but because if they have something to live for, they are less likely to find something to die for.
Original post by thunder_chunky
Except I am not using that absolute. I am saying that it needs to change, not that it can never change. Christianity isn't perfect either, but it is somewhat better than Islam. Of course, as an atheist I would prefer it if none of it existed but that isn't likely. So your point is moot.

It is not exclusively right wing to dismiss or to challenge a religion based on logic and current events. I don't care how many times you say it, it doesn't make it any more true.

Stop making this into an anti-religion discussion, this is specifically anti-Islam in the context of Muslims coming to Britain. With regard to religion in general, it's different, because right-wing is generally in favour of the native religion.

And your posts are filled with anti-Islam hate, you are hardly "calling for change" as you claim.

eg:

"D'awww poor Muslims."
"The religion of peace"
"And you didn't get attacked or assaulted? Not even groped?"
We are losing the war against ISIS. Just what the hell do they want us to do? We can't take anymore attacks, our way of life is being changed. If ISIS just told us what they want us to do then we'd be happy to do it instead of anymore horrible attacks.
Original post by The Radman
I believe one of them had an arrest for armed robbery, after that on your record, there is no real way back into society, so they double down on their religion and go for martyrdom. I honestly do think better education would help, not because it would make them less Islamic, but because if they have something to live for, they are less likely to find something to die for.
Salah Abdeslam was something of a boozing womaniser - very popular in Molenbeek. He left education early, dabbled a bit with drugs but finally found a job with the Brussels transport system.

Unfortunately, he attempted a naive, bungled robbery, which landed him in jail - where, most likely, he started his radicalisation process. He also lost his job, and once out, mostly drifted around (opened a bar which was closed down for being a drug trafficking spot)

In Molenbeek, everyone seemed surprised at his rapid radicalisation (which also involved one of his brothers - the other one actually worked in the office of Molenbeek's Mayor'). Apparently, he started praying just six months before taking part in the Paris attacks...

Frankly, he just seems a lost soul - but of course, his responsibilities are huge.

Best
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Ambitious1999
We are losing the war against ISIS. Just what the hell do they want us to do? We can't take anymore attacks, our way of life is being changed. If ISIS just told us what they want us to do then we'd be happy to do it instead of anymore horrible attacks.
most of us do not share in your defeatist mood

several of our European countries have lived with terrorism fpr years on end... why should it be any different now ?
Original post by Ambitious1999

This is nonsense, on 9/11, 2,996 people died because of Al-Qaeda.

An attack with some 30 people dead isn't going to change us if the USA recovered from 9/11.
Original post by Frank Underwood
Stop making this into an anti-religion discussion, this is specifically anti-Islam in the context of Muslims coming to Britain. With regard to religion in general, it's different, because right-wing is generally in favour of the native religion.

And your posts are filled with anti-Islam hate, you are hardly "calling for change" as you claim.

eg:

"D'awww poor Muslims."
"The religion of peace"
"And you didn't get attacked or assaulted? Not even groped?"

I've already told you, I'm an atheist, I don't care for any religion whatsoever.
And out of those three posts you quoted or paraphrased, at least two of those were tongue in cheek, designed to get a response. The basis of your argument is to try and demonise me in order to ensure that the genuine criticism I make is ignored or deflected. A typical tactic of a sympathiser like yourself.

And your posts are filled with anti-Islam hate,
I know that Frank will not read my post, but who cares ?

just for everyone else :

-is there something wrong in being anti-Islam ?

-is there something wrong in being "right-wing" ?

-should everyone be "left-wing" ?

By the way, I am rather on the left : but, by definition, you can be on the left only if someone else is on the right

problems, problems ...
(edited 8 years ago)
I've already told you, I'm an atheist, I don't care for any religion whatsoever.
And out of those three posts you quoted or paraphrased, at least two of those were tongue in cheek, designed to get a response. The basis of your argument is to try and demonise me in order to ensure that the genuine criticism I make is ignored or deflected. A typical tactic of a sympathiser like yourself.

I find it hilarious that you call me a terrorist sympathiser when I have shown no sympathy towards terrorists, meanwhile you deny being right-wing despite having very right-wing views on Islam.

Not to mention you practically admitted you were a troll several posts ago.
-is there something wrong in being anti-Islam ?
I'm more concerned when people are in favour of Islam.

-is there something wrong in being "right-wing" ?
Well, according to the liberal society we live in 'right-wing = racists'. Interesting that many leading Democrats were in favour of segregation in the United States. I often enjoy the conversation that ensues when my liberal American acquaintances call me a bigot and sexist for not supporting 'the party of liberation', aka. Democrats.

-should everyone be "left-wing" ?
And dress like Corbyn? No, thank you. I'd rather wear a suit that fits me
Original post by Aceadria

Well, according to the liberal society we live in 'right-wing = racists'. Interesting that many leading Democrats were in favour of segregation in the United States. I often enjoy the conversation that ensues when my liberal American acquaintances call me a bigot and sexist for not supporting 'the party of liberation', aka. Democrats.

Another victim of Daily Mail scaremongering.

thanks for your post

my main point is this : you are always left-wing in comparison to someone who is right-wing

if no one is right-wing, then no one is left-wing either

so, left-wingers desperately need right-wingers, and vice-versa

just like the non-Kuffar (i.e. Muslims) need the Kuffar (non-Muslims).

What would eeman (faith) be, without kufr (disbelief) ?

are we just two sides of the same coin ?
(edited 8 years ago)
Another victim of Daily Mail scaremongering.

Oh, believe me I don't have time to read the 'news', but nice try.
Oh, believe me I don't have time to read the 'news', but nice try.

So why do you have a massive fear over Islam? Or in your exact words, a 'concern for people who favour Islam'?
I find it hilarious that you call me a terrorist sympathiser when I have shown no sympathy towards terrorists, meanwhile you deny being right-wing despite having very right-wing views on Islam.

Not to mention you practically admitted you were a troll several posts ago.

You have made it clear throughout that you are practically a terrorist sympathiser. That much is fact. Just like it's fact that I am not right wing.

I make posts which stir the pot. I'm not a troll. There's a difference, you might learn it when you're a little older.
You have made it clear throughout that you are practically a terrorist sympathiser. That much is fact. Just like it's fact that I am not right wing.

I make posts which stir the pot. I'm not a troll.

No, you are calling me a terrorist sympathiser because you've run out of ways to attack my argument.

I denounce terrorists, they are nothing but evil murderers hiding behind the motivation of faith. But hating on 1.5 billion Muslims who had nothing whatsoever to do with the terrorism is going to achieve nothing good, and you act with this stuck up attitude like they 'need to be told this', do you honestly think they're not aware?
(edited 8 years ago)

"right wing" and "left wing" are just vague, fuzzy labels

as you rightly point out, the Democrat party in the US was an alliance between racist Southerners and progressive Northerners . It included both the KKK and the trade Union movement

in fact, the Republican party is the traditional anti-slavery party and, until, say, 40 years ago, it included an important "progressive" wing

in any case, being left-wing does not mean you are one of the "goodies" and being on the right does not mean that you are one of the "baddies", as our naive friend seems to assume
(edited 8 years ago)
hating on 1.5 billion Muslims who had nothing whatsoever to do with the terrorism is going to achieve nothing good,
no one here hates 1.5 billion Muslims

we are anti-Islam : that's all

best

Latest

Trending

Trending