The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The Wavefunction
Whilst still a poor decision, I can understand Rahim looking for the big shot. Mammadulah(?) was inexcusable, all he had to do was drop it into the leg side and you were guaranteed the super over.

On both occasions they could have controlled the shots and taken singles imo (can watch the highlights on cricinfo).

Ah well, it's still a learning curve. While Bangladesh are a good side in ODIs now, there's still some improvement needed in T20s.
Original post by sr90
Just got sent home 2 hours early following an announcement that my department is being outsourced to another office. Awkward. Better get cracking on them job applications.

No way. I always imagined you as some ridiculously well paid office worker who does nothing all day but gets a bucketload of money.

That's terrible news; never even entertained the possibility you'd lose your job :frown:

You have plenty of experience though so I've no doubt you'll be fine man :smile:
Original post by sr90
Probably but i'd rather not move there :lol:

I've got 6 months to find another job so it's not the end of the world, the move isn't until Q4. Manchester or London here I come

I hear Leeds is amazing :wink:
Reply 943
Original post by swirly
@SA-1 thoughts.

Her mindset vs someone like Messi's
Reply 944
Original post by lúcio
i hear leeds is amazing :wink:

hahahahhahaaa
Sr needs to move to London if he's going to be a proper United fan
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by SA-1
Her mindset vs someone like Messi's

Her mediocre acting ability vs Messi's god tier ability.

If she gets released the logical conclusion would be she's simply not good enough.

If Messi got released he would think hold up I'm god at this ill go prove myself at Arsenal (where all the Barca rejects go :ahee: ) then get a bigger move.

Your ability itself will affect your confidence and persistency.
@Zerforax @AR_95 thoughts on Bangladesh's calamitous **** up?

Fixed. Hosted in india. If they were to lose it means they'd be knocked out. Knocked out so early in the tournament wouldn't look good for the host country and might have something to do with them not wanting to lose revenue through fewer attendance in the rest of the tournament. Whatever the motive, this has to be fixed. Albeit Bangladesh's team doesn't even compare to India's but I doubt a world class team can just flop that badly
Original post by UnknownRoyalist
Fixed. Hosted in india. If they were to lose it means they'd be knocked out. Knocked out so early in the tournament wouldn't look good for the host country and might have something to do with them not wanting to lose revenue through fewer attendance in the rest of the tournament. Whatever the motive, this has to be fixed. Albeit Bangladesh's team doesn't even compare to India's but I doubt a world class team can just flop that badly

That's quite the accusation. If they were to fix it though, why would the take it that far? Surely needing 11 off 6 and just not being able to hit a boundary is easier than doing what they did. Also Rahim practically celebrated like he'd won it when he hit the second boundary.
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1458765391.698416.jpg
Original post by Lúcio
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1458765391.698416.jpg

How very cynical of you Luke.

Although I do somewhat agree with this, but it's doing no harm I guess.
Original post by zKlown
How very cynical of you Luke.

Although I do somewhat agree with this, but it's doing no harm I guess.

I don't agree, I just thought it was funny and it makes you forget about the sadness of such a terrible event for a few seconds...

It doesn't mean much at all, however it is a show of empathy and I guess I way of bringing people together, even if only a little.
However it's also a platform for some of the worst humans imaginable to use it for personal gain.
That's quite the accusation. If they were to fix it though, why would the take it that far? Surely needing 11 off 6 and just not being able to hit a boundary is easier than doing what they did. Also Rahim practically celebrated like he'd won it when he hit the second boundary.

Could be to build up the ratings for the coming games since this one was so 'close'. Him celebrating was probably part of the act. 2 consecutive 4's and then a hat trick on what just happened to be the last 3 balls of the match, what a coincidence. Doesn't really add up to me tbh
Original post by UnknownRoyalist
Could be to build up the ratings for the coming games since this one was so 'close'. Him celebrating was probably part of the act. 2 consecutive 4's and then a hat trick on what just happened to be the last 3 balls of the match, what a coincidence. Doesn't really add up to me tbh

Nah, I don't think so. Taking it that far is too risky if you are gonna throw it. The first two wickets were just miss timed, had they connected properly it was game over. If you're gonna give away your wicket it's not going to be hauling out to deep mid-wicket. Plus they ran when it was in the air, so if it had been dropped they'd have got the run. Wouldn't have done that had it been fixed.

Ultimately, if you're gonna throw a game, you don't do it like that. You lose comfortably.
Nah, I don't think so. Taking it that far is too risky if you are gonna throw it. The first two wickets were just miss timed, had they connected properly it was game over. If you're gonna give away your wicket it's not going to be hauling out to deep mid-wicket. Plus they ran when it was in the air, so if it had been dropped they'd have got the run. Wouldn't have done that had it been fixed.

Ultimately, if you're gonna throw a game, you don't do it like that. You lose comfortably.

Or you lose in a way that makes it look like you had a chance to win - which they did. Losing comfortably means you hardly had a chance and I don't think any world class team would throw it away in a way that showed they had no chance to begin with, plus that isn't as entertaining.

Anyway Inb4 leaked news of match fixing
Original post by swirly
you getting that sweet redundancy moolah?

Hopefully. Gonna ask about voluntary redundancy tomorrow.

Original post by Lúcio
No way. I always imagined you as some ridiculously well paid office worker who does nothing all day but gets a bucketload of money.

You've just described my job. Probably why it's being outsourced 😂😂

Original post by Kenan and Kel
Fair enough, you still trying for grad jobs?

When they come up Yeh. I've got 18 months professional experience and a professional qualification so a 27-30k job in London should be doable

I'm just relieved they've given us 6 months notice

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 956
Goodness me the NHS is in a shambles

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr90
Hopefully. Gonna ask about voluntary redundancy tomorrow.

Posted from TSR Mobile

dont ffs.

first start telling colleagues you're homosexual.

then about a week or so later, act all confused, like huh am I being fired?

By the time your bosses figure it out, they will already have agreed a settlement.

fully srs.
Original post by swirly
dont ffs.

first start telling colleagues you're homosexual.

then about a week or so later, act all confused, like huh am I being fired?

By the time your bosses figure it out, they will already have agreed a settlement.

fully srs.

shut up swirly.
Original post by sr90
You've just described my job. Probably why it's being outsourced 😂😂
Posted from TSR Mobile

I bet you do way more than you make out. It's just unlucky tbh.
Clearly you're good at what you do and have good experience so I have no doubt you'll be okay mate :smile:

Latest