The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Biology SNAB 6BI04 ~ 6BIO5 June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by seemawad98
Any IAL biology unit 5 threads?

No, but it's the same content with the same exam dates, it's just the scientific article that is different

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ranz
im a private student, is it possible for anyone to send it to me if you have the questions?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why not if anyone has predicted questions from their teacher that feel free to share to post them here because there is other private students who would also benefit from

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 82
Original post by PlayerBB
Why not if anyone has predicted questions from their teacher that feel free to share to post them here because there is other private students who would also benefit from

Posted from TSR Mobile

yh that be soo useful! how r u guys planning on doing the past papers, read the article beforehand and then do the past paper?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can anyone tell me how to prepare for Question 7 in Unit 5, that is, basically the article based question,please? i have no idea. I read through the article, what next?

I'm doing IAL Biology and this year's article is "aspects of aging and disease". Anyone else doing the same?
Original post by J_Jaweria
Can anyone tell me how to prepare for Question 7 in Unit 5, that is, basically the article based question,please? i have no idea. I read through the article, what next?

I'm doing IAL Biology and this year's article is "aspects of aging and disease". Anyone else doing the same?

Yh I am doing IAL, I have read the article as well, it's so hard I guess!! However I wasn't able to predict any questions yet because I haven't started solving past papers yet so I don't know how they structure their questions bases on the article yet

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 85
Yh I am doing IAL, I have read the article as well, it's so hard I guess!! However I wasn't able to predict any questions yet because I haven't started solving past papers yet so I don't know how they structure their questions bases on the article yet

Posted from TSR Mobile

is ial another board?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ranz
is ial another board?

Posted from TSR Mobile

International a level, same content but a slightly different paper for other time zones.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes please! :colondollar:
where exactly will the questions be released? I don't think my teacher can provide me with any. Thursday was my last day of school, and my Biology teacher is taking an extra class on Sunday since we didn't finish discussing the article yet. Mocks start on Tuesday. AAhhhhh!! When are your mocks starting?
i don't even know how to relate this article with syllabus. :frown:
Original post by seemawad98
Any IAL biology unit 5 threads?

I've just started one
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3967725&p=63581765#post63581765
I think the scientific article for this year is quite interesting! Last year was about 'zombie ants'/ something to do with fungi which looked SO dull. Is anyone feeling confident about these exams?
What I think wil come up based on the pre-release article:

-Ethics questions on genetic engineering/animal testing
-Structure of DNA
-Pros/Cons of Genomics
-How do scientists share findings
-Phases of drug development
-Something on global warming/alternatives to fossil fuels
Reply 93
Original post by yasmin#2
What I think wil come up based on the pre-release article:

-Ethics questions on genetic engineering/animal testing
-Structure of DNA
-Pros/Cons of Genomics
-How do scientists share findings
-Phases of drug development
-Something on global warming/alternatives to fossil fuels

thank u for this! article will be based on as and a2 am i right? x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ranz
thank u for this! article will be based on as and a2 am i right? x

Posted from TSR Mobile

youre welcome :smile:

its already out, and it is
the exam is syoptic so unit1/2/4 and 5
Is there any specific topics I should revise from unit 1,2 for unit 5 ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you don't mind me adding..
Some more topics that could may be important

-Protien Synthesis
-DNA Replication
- Bacterial Resistance
- Biofuels
- Dna Extraction
- Transcription Factors

This is it for now but I should have a full analysis of the article and potential questions soon.
Reply 97
Original post by Hellper
If you don't mind me adding..
Some more topics that could may be important

-Protien Synthesis
-DNA Replication
- Bacterial Resistance
- Biofuels
- Dna Extraction
- Transcription Factors

This is it for now but I should have a full analysis of the article and potential questions soon.

im sure nobody minds! soo helpful thank you!
could you please help us once u have the analysis and the potential questions? that would honestly be a life saver!
ill hopefully update too on anything or ideas i may come across!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 98
Original post by J_Jaweria

Yeahh me. got any predictions?
Got Unit 4 and Unit 5 notes here. They're really helpful for me so I thought i'd share. I should say they're not mine, I just found them on the internet but they're really good!

Quick Reply