Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
bangladeshi here...
Reply 81
Original post by aymanzayedmannan
bangladeshi here...

That was a tense one, eh?

:lol:
I have an Indian boss so I am glad. He even went to an IPL final once.
How the hell did Bangladesh lose though :frown:
Reply 84
Original post by nucdev
That was a tense one, eh?

:lol:

Indeed it was. Immaturity on our part on throwing the game away right at the death, but Dhoni is just <3
Original post by BrokenLife
Love Sri Lankan team! One of my fav after Pakistan though:u::tongue:

I think SL has one of the best attitudes to cricket of all the teams. Their fans are almost always smiling and they're quite supportive. And the team has a lovely attitude :h:
Original post by TajwarC
How the hell did Bangladesh lose though :frown:

lol that last bangladeshi batter got too overexcited and went for six and failed miserably.

in the end, India is superior :u::biggrin:
Original post by Student403
I think SL has one of the best attitudes to cricket of all the teams. Their fans are almost always smiling and they're quite supportive. And the team has a lovely attitude :h:

Absolutely agreed!:h: And I love their players..especially Sangakara, he's a legend!:h:
Original post by BrokenLife
Absolutely agreed!:h: And I love their players..especially Sangakara, he's a legend!:h:

I think they're all very respectful players :yep:
I support India.
Original post by Foxab77
lol that last bangladeshi batter got too overexcited and went for six and failed miserably.

in the end, India is superior :u::biggrin:

India are the better team, which makes it even more devastating!

We did so well in the first innings, fielding and bowling was on point. And we threw it away in the last over :/
Original post by TajwarC
India are the better team, which makes it even more devastating!

We did so well in the first innings, fielding and bowling was on point. And we threw it away in the last over :/

tbh bangladesh gave a strong match, not gonna lie they played damn well. Much better than pakistan haha
Original post by Yawn!
Erm....no.

Firstly, if Muslims were underrepresented in politics, then how can there have been a Muslim League in the first place? Also as early as the mid-1930 local elections in India, Muslim candidates were given reserved seats and other non-religion based parties that won states like Punjab and Bengal were led by Muslim leaders. There was no under-representation of Muslims in politics. Nehru was not backed because he was Hindu. He was backed because he advocated a strong centralist dominated independent India that would concentrate power in their hands. You (and others like you) seem determined to put religious spins on everything, even where there is none.

From historian Yasmin Khan, ''a descendent of Punjabi Muslims who were forced to flee the slaughter of 1947''

''As recently as the late 1930s, the most likely outcome seemed to be a united India with equal representation of Muslims and Hindus (and seats for Sikhs and others) in the legislature. That was what everyone was fighting for.

Jinnah certainly didn’t want a Pakistan perhaps not even after it happened. A pork-eating, whisky-drinking secularist, the Muslim League leader disdained religious extremism and spent most of his life fighting for equal rights for Muslims in India, not for separation.

“I do not think Jinnah wanted Pakistan,” one of his confidantes wrote. “Right till 1946 he was prepared to work for one united India. So all the time he was talking in terms of Pakistan, this was, I always believed, a bargaining point for him.” Events then forced him to stick with the Pakistan line; he was likely horrified with the results.''

From Mountbatten who actually presided over the negotiations of Partition with Jinnah.

''The last thing Jinnah wanted was that we should go. He said first he didn't want a separate Pakistan, just wanted us to stay and hold the reins for them. But the Hindus wanted us to go because they had gone to British universities, they were all terribly imbued with sort of Fabian ideas and they just thought it was wrong that the British should be ruling India. I mentioned that we ruled with the consent, with the affection, of the vast masses. No doubt of that. But the intelligent, educated people didn't like it. So that this is one of the things one was up against.''

''So how could we meet the Congress Party's desire without transferring power? We couldn't. We were obliged to the transfer of power. Nobody, particularly me, wished to have any partition in India. It was a ghastly thought. And it wasn't going to work. It wasn't really going to work because, you see, if you look at the distribution of the Muslim population in India, it's all over India. I don't suppose that we were able to separate more than half the Muslims and make them into East and West Pakistan. The rest of them were all over India. Most were perfectly happy to stay.''

''You see, I found it very difficult to believe that an educated man, a man of apparently goodwill, with great affection and admiration for the British, a man who'd shown me consideration, although of a rather cold sort, I found it rather difficult to believe that he would accept India becoming a second class power, and destroy everything, and produce what he himself had said would be an unviable Pakistan.''

'Your' Jinnah, lol. Your reaction shows that you cannot separate emotion from fact. As for those quotes.....HELLO.....he was a politician. He was securing a leadership position in a new state he was creating, of course he would say these things. How naive are you? Jinnah was not even a devout Muslim. He only played that card (very hard) to win popular support from Muslims for Pakistan, and even then, many Muslims did not support him. Afterward, he tried to backtrack from the religious hysteria he had whipped up, but too late. he died before he could clean up his mess.

How are those two points even related in any way, lol? I'm sure you like to believe all that since the harsh truth is far less glorious. You've willingly pulled the wool over your eyes because it's easier to believe lies. No one is denying that Jinnah altered the course of history - He altered it for the worst. Ironically enough, mainly for Pakistanis.

You can display your patriotism as much as you like, but that's not really the issue here. You keep going on about the 'bad Indians', but the fact is that India is miles better than Pakistan and that gap will only get bigger. You can stew in your delusions of Muslims being persecuted in India and safe in Pakistan as much as you want, yet Muslims in India are presidents, actors/actresses, cricketers, politicians, news anchors and their votes are important in any election. When Indian Muslims were trapped in Yemen, the (Hindu/Sikh dominated) Indian military got them out. Even your own Pakistani singers, actors/actresses come over (including for citizenship). If India is so terrible to Muslims, why would they?

Personally, I couldn't care less if you want to be proud Pakistanis....good for you. I don't see you as any different to proud French or proud South Africans. But you can ditch the whole 'India is terrible to Muslims and Pakistan is a haven for them' card. That has already been exposed as a lie, and trying to impose your false, manufactured history on others to justify it is not gonna fly.

Firstly, those are all account from others and not Jinnah himself which you said 'he himself'. Jinnah's own words were 'Nothing can undo Pakistan'.

Secondly, okay, let's take your point about Nehra. Let's even agree on that he was backed up not due to religion but other reasons. Its good to chose meritocracy, so there I give you that one. However, is that the ONLY reason for he Indo-Pak partition Surely it cannot be the ONLY reason.

As to Jinnah not being a devout Muslim, many Pakistanis are aware of it. I'm not a devout Muslim myself but does that mean I do not feel for my community? Also, Jinnah's aim was not a Muslim only country but rather to create a secular state with the principles of unity, faith and selfless devotion. And yes, I'm aware that there were Muslims who weren't supportive of Jinnah. However, when a movement like this takes place, this is always the case.

Point being is that Pakistan was created in the name of unity, faith and selfless devotion regardless of one's religion. And yes, I know Pakistan isn't secular as of yet and its a shame but we're hopeful and we will rise again for it is Qai-e-Azam who was our leader. InshaAllah. Yes, I give credit where its due and I must say India is doing a better job than Pakistan in safeguarding the rights of minorities now. However, that was not the case before the Indo-Pak partition. I guenuinely believe that if I love my country, I'd criticise it for its bad policies etc and hence I always do but at the same time, I'll NEVER question the existence of Pakistan. We will progress one day and we for that it was crucial to be separated from India. Perhaps that day is not today but it will come one day!
I accidentally repped one of the Indians. I feel like a traitor. Damn my big hands and small phone. :damnmate:
Oh and yeah, team Pakistan is better.:h:
Original post by Antagonistic
I accidentally repped one of the Indians. I feel like a traitor. Damn my big hands and small phone. :damnmate:
Oh and yeah, team Pakistan is better.:h:

hahahah omg that emoji is way too funny! Exactly what i felt like doing to you when you said you accidently repped one of the Indians:colonhash::tongue:

Lool well rep one of my comments then :tongue:Normally don't ask for reps but tis one's for Pakistan:h:

And yess!! Green for life! Also, omg them girls in green!!:h:
Reply 95
Original post by Antagonistic
Oh and yeah, team INDIA is better.:h:

:colone::colone::colone::colone::colone:

Thank you for that rep btw :rofl::rofl::rofl:
Maybe you lost cause your team isn't any good

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nucdev
:colone::colone::colone::colone::colone:

Thank you for that rep btw :rofl::rofl::rofl:

You monster, your turning me against my own kind. :nah::motz:

Haha and you are welcome!
Reply 98
Original post by Yawn!
Hmm. A reply I made seems to have disappeared.

Blame TSR's "rising intolerance" innit :ninja:
:laugh:
Original post by Yawn!
Hmm. A reply I made seems to have disappeared.

Abridged version - Good luck with that. You're going to need it.

Also, Jai Hind, motherf***er! :u:

Don't tell me about your 'disappeared' comment. I have the guts to stand affirm on my views and would have told you if I reported you.

And that swearing part, mate, have some respect!

Just cos you're patriotic doesn't mean you can use such ridiculous language. I'm a proud and extremely patriotic Pakistani and never have I ever crossed my moral limits and called Indians like that. Again, I standby by my Jinnah's principles.:u::h:

Jai Hind for my Indian friends and Pakistan Zindabaad for all my Pakistanis and for myself.:h:

Allah aapko apni hifzo-imaan main rakhe, Ameen. :smile:

BrokenLife signing off :h:
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending