The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bubblegumcat
i'm finding a2 so hard lmao im gonna fail

I was like that too, but you can do it. I failed every class assessment/mock test (D>) and still managed to secure a B. If I can you definitely can.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nemanuel96
I was like that too, but you can do it. I failed every class assessment/mock test (D>:wink: and still managed to secure a B. If I can you definitely can.

Posted from TSR Mobile

hey thanks :smile: B is what i'm aiming for, but i feel my essays are not good enough :frown:
Original post by bubblegumcat
hey thanks :smile: B is what i'm aiming for, but i feel my essays are not good enough :frown:

Send me any essays you want me to look over.

It's also worth noting I only got a B because I didn't revise absolutely every single essay and ended up skipping a 4 marker and an entire Relationships question so the answers that I had given were pretty good.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nemanuel96
Send me any essays you want me to look over.

It's also worth noting I only got a B because I didn't revise absolutely every single essay and ended up skipping a 4 marker and an entire Relationships question so the answers that I had given were pretty good.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ahh nah it's fine, i'll be checking over my essays soon to make sure they're good. How do you structure your evaluation though? that's the part i'm struggling with the most. I got a B in my mock but I ran out of time on the last question so i couldn't complete it, my teacher said that if I completed it I could have gotten an A, so I also need to work on timing.
Reply 84
hi, my laptop broke and I've lost all of my notes!! does anyone have any notes for Aggression, Eating Behaviour, Gender, Schizophrenia, Addiction or Research Methods please!!?!?
Reply 85
Original post by RodneyRaver
woo just seen this, why havn't your school got you another teacher? Are you teaching yourself? simple psychology is a good website, has helped me loads, its practically structured how to write essays and it also makes points quite clear

No unfortunatley they have just got a substitute who's giving us sheets of paper with information on not relevant to our exams, yeah i'm using the loopa books but struggling to do it by myself without a teacher to support my learning or even to mark home work :frown:
Has anyone got good notes about factors influencing eating behaviour? the notes i was given are awful and i really need to get my head around it. Need especially the A01 and essay examples/plans would be so good
Anyone else finding anomalistic boring asf?
For sleep is there any chance there could be a 24 marker on Circadian rhythms,Ultradian/ Infradian rhythms and Exogenous zeitgebers?
So far they haven't been asked or they are 4 markers.... :s-smilie:
Original post by willis.emma
For sleep is there any chance there could be a 24 marker on Circadian rhythms,Ultradian/ Infradian rhythms and Exogenous zeitgebers?
So far they haven't been asked or they are 4 markers.... :s-smilie:

Exogenous zeitgebers yes, my mock was on endogenous, but the others it's more unlikely.
Reply 90
Hey! I'm doing Sleep, Aggression, Gender, Schizophrenia, Media and Research methods.

How is everyone revising other than practicing writing essays? Anyone tried learning studies using flashcards or anything like that? I'm trying to find new ways to revise psychology so I don't get bored and give up lol :biggrin:
Hey guys, I'm currently rewriting an essay -I got full marks in A01 but my A02 needs a lot of work!! the essay is on genes and hormones on gender development and was wondering if this structure and content is enough? What studies would you guys include? Heres what I plan to talk about for the AO2. Are these studies good to talk about? My teacher usually says do 2 support and 1 against.. Thanks for any advice/feedback in advance :-)

-Money supports the role of biological factors in gender development as Reimer reverted to a boy -talk about how its a case study unreliable, cant generalise 2 wider population
-
Gechwind et al suggests that hormones affect sex differences. Male brains are prenatally exposed to testosterone, more masculine gender development... This may explain y reimer felt he was a boy

However there is not always a link between genetic sex and the same gender development e.g. CAH patients have intersexed conditions- genitalia doesn't match sex
Against this tho- Imperato-McGinley studied intersexed conditions in the batistaa family and they changed to a boy

Finally talk about the nature vs nurture debate...
(edited 8 years ago)
I'm doing anomalistic, depression, research methods, gender, sleep/biological rhythms and perception. anybody know any hot topics in any of them?
I'm doing gender,schizo and rm too! Just doing loads of essay plans for every possible question! and recording essays to listen to in the morning!
Original post by Stecher
Hey! I'm doing Sleep, Aggression, Gender, Schizophrenia, Media and Research methods.

How is everyone revising other than practicing writing essays? Anyone tried learning studies using flashcards or anything like that? I'm trying to find new ways to revise psychology so I don't get bored and give up lol :biggrin:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 94
Original post by artymaniac
I'm doing gender,schizo and rm too! Just doing loads of essay plans for every possible question! and recording essays to listen to in the morning!

Oh yeah doing essay plans is a good idea. I like to test myself on each essay plan y asking someone to test me. Recording yourself reading out essays is actually such a good idea! I didn't think about that! Anything else you (or anyone else) does to revise psychology??

Especially to learn the huge amount of content :frown:
Anyone have any tips on actually retaining everything? I'm trying to revise Addiction but it's too much to learn. Still haven't revised schizophrenia or research methods yet. :s-smilie:
Where is everyone at in terms of revision?
I'm still writing notes and i'm probably gonna finish them by the end of the Easter holiday.
How is everyone structuring their revision? Like, how many essays are you going to learn per day?
Reply 97
How is everyone revising for this??? I don't really know what to do
Best way to memorize any essay on A2 psychology is to use the acronym method. This made it much easier for me when I also used this technique earlier for my AS exams as well. I also used Saj's Loopa books which are the best resources for structuring your own essays. Each essay must be at least 800 but at most 900 words in order to guarantee yourself a decent grade. Remember when structuring your essays aim for the full 8 A01 marks and 12 A02 marks. 16 A02 marks is not required and will waste your time as you only have 30 minutes for each section. e.g. - i did perception, aggression and gender for unit 3. If planning for a perception essay such as Gregory's indirect theory. Use the acronym Gregory and do 7 paragraphs of 900 words. The first letter of your paragraph should be G and the second R and so on... The reason for 7 is because Gregory has 7 letters and using this technique to memorize your essays will make it much easier to remember when doing the exams. Plus on the day of the exam you would not panic or feel stressed. If you use this technique and structure your essays now then on the day of the exam you simply just go over it and smash it. This will benefit you in two ways. If you were an AS student and you used this technique then it will be easier for you when doing A2. But if your'e an A2 student then it will also benefit you as memorization and the acronym method will become a habit for you. The sooner you use it, the sooner you will smash it and it also may be helpful towards your degree in the future which is the stage I am at now. Plus just to make you guys remember, from the 12 A02 marks include 10 A02 marks and atleast two A03 marks which is issues, debates and approaches. You have to include A03 to get a good grade for an essay. So 8 A01, and 12 A02 (10 A02 and 2 A03) should do the trick. This is a technique which you guys do not have to follow. This is the technique i used which made me successful. Now hopefully, 2016 will be the year where the same thing will happen for you guys.
(edited 8 years ago)
For those of you who are doing PSYA4 Anomalistic psychology:

Does anyone else think that magical thinking and/or psychic mediumship as an essay question is likely to come up?
(edited 8 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending