The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I would have said QMUL but Manchester is better for law :smile:
Reply 21
Original post by Jade Goodey
They are in Extra, Adjustment and sometimes Clearing. They ask for A*AA, though.

I know a user on here who got rejected because they got A*AB on results day. In recent years, they've become much stricter.

They have been in clearing every single year, and other than last year, they were asking for AAB clear cut.
Original post by *Stefan*
They have been in clearing every single year, and other than last year, they were asking for AAB clear cut.

So they weren't taking in AAB last year? Just to summarise, when I said they don't take less than AAA I was right?

Oh cool. Thanks for your contribution, Stefan.

There's no telling this guy, he'll say anything to convince you QM has a much better reputation that manchester.

Which is not necessarily what the OP should be focusing on, given either uni will provide the same / similar career prospects.
So they weren't taking in AAB last year? Just to summarise, when I said they don't take less than AAA I was right?

One year is not enough data to base your argument on
Original post by guest115
One year is not enough data to base your argument on

Who are you, the data police?
Reply 26

Who said they don't take less than AAA? Considering their overall tariffs, they probably let many people who missed their offers, even by two or even three grades.

What you said was, however, that they rarely participate in Clearing, and rarely accept less than A*AB/AAA. This is clearly wrong.

It's not that bad to actually accept you're wrong. End of.
Who are you, the data police?

No one here is going to take you seriously
Who said they don't take less than AAA? Considering their overall tariffs, they probably let many people who missed their offers, even by two or even three grades.

What you said was, however, that they rarely participate in Clearing, and rarely accept less than A*AB/AAA. This is clearly wrong.

It's not that bad to actually accept you're wrong. End of.

I never said they rarely participate in Clearing. I said they're sometimes in Clearing. Can you read, bro?

They're 2 points off Bristol and 2 points above Warwick. Yeah, mate, they must drop below AAA all the time

No one here is going to take you seriously

Why's that?
I never said they rarely participate in Clearing. I said they're sometimes in Clearing. Can you read, bro?

They're 2 points off Bristol and 2 points above Warwick. Yeah, mate, they must drop below AAA all the time

Why's that?

Using that data doesn't make for a true argument. Figures for entry tariffs are often misleading, as different universities have different access policies which reduce the average tariff. Preferences for EPQ and other qualifications which add to ucas tariffs also skew these figures.
Reply 30

I was certain you'd focus on "rarely" - proves people lose the argument. Sometimes would imply that it is completely irregular, and they may have participated 3-4 out of the 9 times. As above, that is clearly wrong. Need I say more?

Firstly, Warwick also participated in Clearing. Secondly, it is that simple:

They were in clearing for AAB, they took many students with AAB. Got it?

Jeez.

Why's that?

I really hate using quotes against people, however I feel people who view this thread to gain information need to be aware that you have no idea what you're talking about. Regarding the required grade for LSE, you said:

'Everyone who applies to LSE will be predicted A*A*A* and in fact many will be predicted A*A*A*A*, or 45 777, or D1 in every subject. Again, if you don't understand law applications to the best unis, don't offer your opinion.'
I really hate using quotes against people, however I feel people who view this thread to gain information need to be aware that you have no idea what you're talking about. Regarding the required grade for LSE, you said:

'Everyone who applies to LSE will be predicted A*A*A* and in fact many will be predicted A*A*A*A*, or 45 777, or D1 in every subject. Again, if you don't understand law applications to the best unis, don't offer your opinion.'

And I was right. How does that make me look silly?
Reply 33

Haha I actually read that too - shows a lot.
I was certain you'd focus on "rarely" - proves people lose the argument. Sometimes would imply that it is completely irregular, and they may have participated 3-4 out of the 9 times. As above, that is clearly wrong. Need I say more?

Firstly, Warwick also participated in Clearing. Secondly, it is that simple:

They were in clearing for AAB, they took many students with AAB. Got it?

Jeez.

Oh God no, why didn't they teach me at school that interrogating "rarely" is equivalent to defeat. Damn, I rarely screwed up today.

You used the 2013 entry data to conclude that today QMUL takes in a lot of people under AAA, even though its entry data is equivalent to your own uni which doesn't take in a lot of people under AAA. Certainly it takes some in, but it's not representative of your cohort. Even if we're to conflate the entry standards of today with the entry standards 3 years ago, your point does not follow.

And being in Clearing does not mean you take in a lot of people at AAB. In 2014 (when they were ****), they filled about 5 places.
And I was right. How does that make me look silly?

I'm actually curious as to how you think you're right here, so please go ahead.
I'm actually curious as to how you think you're right here, so please go ahead.

What are you claiming I am wrong about? Being specific will speed up my proving you point, so try to pinpoint specifically the offending material.
What are you claiming I am wrong about? Being specific will speed up my proving you point, so try to pinpoint specifically the offending material.

I think this was the issue: ''Everyone who applies to LSE will be predicted A*A*A* and in fact many will be predicted A*A*A*A*, or 45 777, or D1 in every subject. Again, if you don't understand law applications to the best unis, don't offer your opinion.''

Good luck in advance
I think this was the issue: ''Everyone who applies to LSE will be predicted A*A*A* and in fact many will be predicted A*A*A*A*, or 45 777, or D1 in every subject. Again, if you don't understand law applications to the best unis, don't offer your opinion.''

Good luck in advance

I don't mean to be awkward, but that wasn't specific. Please, try again.
I'd go for Manchester if I was you, very similar rep for both law schools plus the added bonus of much cheaper living expenses.

Latest

Trending

Trending