The Student Room Group
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website

What should i spend my final student payment on?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by john2054
this isn't an essay, but a online student forum. a sample of 28 people is more than you have provided, which is absolutely zilch okay???

I just looked at CUG's interpretation of the 2012 HESA stats. Derby has some of the worst prospects going.
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website
I get my final student finance payment of £3.6k in two weeks. What should i spend this on? I did buy some gold, but then cashed in 2/3s of that to pay off my credit cards. I will still have about £1k left over when i pay them all off now, so what should i spend this on??

how the hell do you even get that much student finance?! i can't even get that much in a year so can't even pay my rent with it
Reply 42
Original post by Jade Goodey
I think it won't be your choice. It's sad to say and I am sure it must be a blow, but it's the truth.

and if i get a doctorate?

http://www.payscale.com/research/UK/Degree=Doctorate_(PhD)/Salary
Reply 43
I just looked at CUG's interpretation of the 2012 HESA stats. Derby has some of the worst prospects going.

please link, like i have been doing??

You'll be the best qualified person ever to work the morning shift at Burger King.
Reply 45
Original post by stephannalee
how the hell do you even get that much student finance?! i can't even get that much in a year so can't even pay my rent with it

i started the degree in 2011, plus i have a disability and a dependant, so i get top money i think?

that explains the difference?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 46
You'll be the best qualified person ever to work the morning shift at Burger King.

where did you get your degree jade?
where did you get your degree jade?

A top Russell Group uni. Why do you ask?
Reply 48

which subject, which year and which grade???
which subject, which year and which grade???

2:2, 2015, sociology.
Reply 50
2:2, 2015, sociology.

and what uni?
and what uni?

Wolverhampton.
Reply 52
Wolverhampton.

Have you been able to get a good job with that degree then?
Have you been able to get a good job with that degree then?

What is this, Question Time?
Reply 54
What is this, Question Time?

from that i have to assume that the answer is 'no'
i started the degree in 2011, plus i have a disability and a dependant, so i get top money i think?

Yeah makes a lot more sense was just confused as I have friends who got the max based on having no income (but minus disability or dependant) and they get quite a bit less
Reply 56

Omg Wolverhampton isn't a Russell group uni hahahaha! And sociology is rated one of the most unemployable degrees: http://www.hellou.co.uk/2014/03/2014s-top-20-degrees-likely-leave-jobseekers-3313/

So stop being nasty to this poor guy, can't stand people on here being stuck up ***** who judge others on their uni and course. FYI I study Midwifery (100% employment after university as qualified Midwife) at the 4th university in league tables for Nursing and Midwifery so don't try it with me.

I don't know who's depending on you financially but maybe you should think about what they need you to spend money on.

Or maybe you're a troll.
Reply 58
Original post by SmallTownGirl
I don't know who's depending on you financially but maybe you should think about what they need you to spend money on.

Or maybe you're a troll.

MY wife and daughter both depend on me (from Kenya), and i gave her £600 two weeks ago. Is that enough for you???

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending