The Student Room Group

Why do real life relationships sound so replusive?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by toonervoustotalk
Cav i know for sure the right person will come :hugs:
One day :moon: just not today :tongue:

loool maybe :crossedf:
just not at least for the next 18 months :s-smilie:
Original post by dmy15
The clue is in the thread title 'real life'

Yeah, I guess we can both agree fantasy relationships are better.
Reply 42
Everything is fraught with issues, that's life
Original post by whorace
No, but lots of virgins try to take some sort of moral high ground about a thing they have no experience of.

True
Being a virgin dosent make you superior to a non virgin and vise versa :smile:

I have some friends that aint virgins and like two of them are actually still attached to the person they lost their virginity to even though they broke up a few years ago
Thats a reason why i want to be a virgin till marriage (so i can be attached and head over heels over my partner :love: )
Original post by Anonymous
Relationships simply cause problems. You get cheated on, or the relationship simply ends.

Doesn't seem like a worthwhile exchange. I'm not bitter because I've never been in a relationship but these are my preconcieved notions on the matter.

So you prefer no labels?
Original post by CoolCavy
loool maybe :crossedf:
just not at least for the next 18 months :s-smilie:

Ah
When you go to uni:wink:
As opposed to?
Original post by xobeauty
So you prefer no labels?

Labels like clothing labels?
Ah
When you go to uni:wink:

indeed :wink:
gonna go wild :cool:
Reply 49
Relationships may sound dumb but they feel great, at least some of the time anyway, seems quite sad to want to live alone for the rest of your life...
Original post by CoolCavy
indeed :wink:
gonna go wild :cool:

:ahee::colone: just stay away from me:biggrin: will need to avoid temptation
So no guinea pigs and chill :mmm:
Labels like clothing labels?

No. Like relationship labels.
Original post by whorace
Relationships may sound dumb but they feel great, at least some of the time anyway, seems quite sad to want to live alone for the rest of your life...

Whether or not its sad is purley down to your subjective viewpoint.

Being alone I am liberated from other people.
Reply 53
Whether or not its sad is purley down to your subjective viewpoint.

Being alone I am liberated from other people.

Yeah posting anon on an Internet forum you're really enjoying the isolation. Liberation comes from belonging in a community not hobbitism
:ahee::colone: just stay away from me:biggrin: will need to avoid temptation
So no guinea pigs and chill :mmm:

Will be too busy with the rest of the sows if u catch my drift :wink: you are more than welcome to come tho :mmm:
loooool :lol: perhaps :innocent:
just want to get away from my boring pathetic existence tbh and actually do exciting things :redface:
Original post by whorace
Yeah posting anon on an Internet forum you're really enjoying the isolation. Liberation comes from belonging in a community not hobbitism

Yeah I am, I just get bored of conversing with myself but talking to others can have its enjoyment.

Relationships are still something I do not wish to burden myself with.
Reply 56
Yeah I am, I just get bored of conversing with myself but talking to others can have its enjoyment.

Relationships are still something I do not wish to burden myself with.

Have you ever been in one? The closeness can be a wonderful sensation, far greater than a simple friendship. It does have it's suffering, but suffering can bring out the best in some of us and launch us on new paths.
Original post by whorace
Have you ever been in one? The closeness can be a wonderful sensation, far greater than a simple friendship. It does have it's suffering, but suffering can bring out the best in some of us and launch us on new paths.

Nope and I do not plan in being in one.
Reply 58
Nope and I do not plan in being in one.

Why would you not even try it? You are young I presume, and on a student forum so likely somewhat educated. Why would you not even try be in a relationship to confirm your understanding? What do you have to lose.

Personally I think people who say this actually have low self esteem and use it as an excuse to cope with being lonely.
Original post by whorace
Why would you not even try it? You are young I presume, and on a student forum so likely somewhat educated. Why would you not even try be in a relationship to confirm your understanding? What do you have to lose.

Personally I think people who say this actually have low self esteem and use it as an excuse to cope with being lonely.

It is because I am educated that I see relationships to be a waste of time that simply result in a negative outcome.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending