The Student Room Group

Just what does ISIS want us to do? We're fed up of their attacks !

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ambitious1999
When is this gonna stop. We've had enough of them attacking us. They are winning.
In just 12 months over 60 people murdererd in Tunisia in 2 separate attacks, Charlie Hebdo attacked, Paris attacked, Russian metro jet blown up. Now Brussels attacked.

Just what the hell do they want from us? They've taken over most of Iraq and Syria, Libya and Tunisia. What does it take for them to cease fire and stop? Whatever it takes is a price worth winning if they stop attacking us.

They are winning? Really? Says who?

Original post by admonit
Brave soldiers.

Rough men (and women) who stand ready to do violence on our behalf.
Original post by 999tigger
So thats a map provided by who? ISIS?
We have already been through the ISIS defeating Russia on one of your other stupid threads. If you read the quality papers and follow the news then you would understand what the situation with Russia is, but that appears to be beyond you. carry on talking ISIS up though.

Erm no it's not an ISIS made map. It depends on what heading you select.

Here is the same map with a different address and its a .com so that means its probably made in the US. Definitely not provided by ISIS.

http://syria.liveuamap.com

In any case I have provided the links to prove the validity of my point.

I've studied many wars in history and understand how these things turn out. Look at Cambodia in 1975 when the Americans left? Also when the. Germans captured Stalingrad.
(edited 8 years ago)
Erm no it's not an ISIS made map. It depends on what heading you select.

Here is the same map with a different address and its a .com so that means its probably made in the US. Definitely not provided by ISIS.

http://syria.liveuamap.com

In any case I have provided the links to prove the validity of my point.

I've studied many wars in history and understand how these things turn out. Look at Cambodia in 1975 when the Americans left? Also when the. Germans captured Stalingrad.

No not interested as its a non verified source. It could be anyones. use a verified credible source. Wow youve studied history, then youll realise the current situation is nothing like either of those situations. If you wnat to do your usual ISIS flag waving thats up to you, but do go and do some research and come back with some credible arguments instead of the untruths you continue to post.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/isis-loses-40-of-iraq-territory-and-20-in-syria-as-international-air-strikes-support-ground-a6797486.html
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-35231664
http://www.ibtimes.com/islamic-state-pushes-abroad-brussels-attack-isis-losing-territory-syria-iraq-2341208

http://foreignpolicy.com/2016/03/16/mapped-the-islamic-state-is-losing-its-territory-and-fast/
(edited 8 years ago)
Your posts are really silly.
1 Unlikely to stop until someone decideds to take all their territory of them and even then they become a guerilla army.
2. they are not winning, so do shut up with all your defeatist nonsense its boring. You were trying to sat Russia had lost when that was far from the truth.
3 12 months 60 people were murdered? that many people die every 10 days on UK roads. On the first day of the Somme.the britsih alone lost 60,0000 killed. Dont be so spineless. Is terrorism, the idea is to create terror with minimum effort.

They havent taken over most of Iraq and Syria, they have been losing territory, another lie you try and perpetuate.
They arent interested in a cease fire.

Syop being such a surrender monkey and ISIS cheer boy by posting all these defeatist threads. At least try and post the truth.

Brutal.

@Ambitious1999 Do you want some water for that burn?

I'll hastily go call the special burns unit. :smile:
They aren't winning our grandparents great grandparents were getting bombed to shreds in the blitz and Ww2 which was a real war they didn't give up this isn't they won't win all the world's top economies aren't muslim I would rather die than convert to their sick views.
No not interested as its a non verified source. It could be anyones. use a verified credible source. Wow youve studied history, then youll realise the current situation is nothing like either of those situations. If you wnat to do your usual ISIS flag waving thats up to you, but do go and do some research and come back with some credible arguments instead of the untruths you continue to post.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/isis-loses-40-of-iraq-territory-and-20-in-syria-as-international-air-strikes-support-ground-a6797486.html
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-35231664
http://www.ibtimes.com/islamic-state-pushes-abroad-brussels-attack-isis-losing-territory-syria-iraq-2341208

http://foreignpolicy.com/2016/03/16/mapped-the-islamic-state-is-losing-its-territory-and-fast/

I don't support ISIS. They're an evil death cult that does not represent Islam or humanity for that matter. I want to see ISIS destroyed as much as anyone that's why I'm fed up of them attacking innocent people our freedom and our way of life.
I don't support ISIS. They're an evil death cult that does not represent Islam or humanity for that matter. I want to see ISIS destroyed as much as anyone that's why I'm fed up of them attacking innocent people our freedom and our way of life.

Well they are a determined and numerous enemy, but still much less poweful than the rest of the world. Stop believeing the rubbish that they are on top.

Terrorism is meant to make people scared, its a cowardly form of violence because they attack indiscriminately. What they want is for people to give up and live in fear because thats what they want, its a form of bullying.

Fortunately people in developed nations have been through many toigh times and made sacrifices to establish and protect our way of life. We have values that we will fight to protect. if ISIS pishes too hard the wordl will get annoyed and then ISIS will have to deal with modern armies of professional soldiers, who will defeat them back into a guerilla organisation. they are only bullies with guns. It may take many decades before it dies out, but no need to panic or change our way of life. Your grandparents had to put up with risks a hundred times greater.
When is this gonna stop. We've had enough of them attacking us. They are winning.
In just 12 months over 60 people murdererd in Tunisia in 2 separate attacks, Charlie Hebdo attacked, Paris attacked, Russian metro jet blown up. Now Brussels attacked.

Just what the hell do they want from us? They've taken over most of Iraq and Syria, Libya and Tunisia. What does it take for them to cease fire and stop? Whatever it takes is a price worth winning if they stop attacking us.

Ask not what ISIS can do for us, but what we can do to them. If we ever grow a pair.
Ok fair enough I will provide links to back up my argument.

This is a live map of the situation in Syria and Iraq.

http://isis.liveuamap.com/en/2016/22-march-isis-burns-tobacco-in-deir-zor

You can zoom in and explore areas of the map look at current stories.

1) Dark grey are ISIS territory/ terror cells. Some are very close to Damascus as you can see. The black symbols indicate ISIS victories.
2) Red are regime controlled areas
3) Yellow are Kurdish territories
4) Green are Federal Syrian army territories (FSA) also including Al Nusra front.

There are also ISIS in Libya suggesting transfer of troops via IS navy.

Here is a link of ISIS ambitions as seen in the Express:

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/597254/ISIS-Map-Europe-Terror-Organisation-Andrew-Hosken-Caliphate-Abu-Musab-al-Zarqawi

As for Russia It seems mighty strange they should pull out of Syria so suddenly. When we left Afghanistan and Iraq we set a date. Putin just left with out warning. Suggests he had been spooked or Russian intelligence detected something. This is speculation.

The only way is to negotiate short of a global coalition against IS.

About those little ISIS bits close to Damascus. A lot of them are isolated pockets, and are geographically separated from the main ISIS force in eastern Syria. They are not a threat, unless the main ISIS force could somehow link up with them. There haven't been any major advances from those pockets. Damascus is almost certainly the most fortified city in Syria.

Russia have not pulled out of Syria. They are still conducting air strikes on ISIS, and there is an ongoing government offensive towards Palmyra. They scaled back because they've boosted the government forces with several very successful offensives and because of the ongoing peace process and "ceasefire".
The only way is to negotiate short of a global coalition against IS.
negotiate ? good idea. Or, we could also simply surrender.

as a result, the UK could change its name to United Kaliphate of Great Britain and Northern Ireland - would still in fact be called UK

or , at least, we could give up, say, Wales (which would constitute an independent Welsh Emirate)

but what if Scotland decides to secede from the Kaliphate ? would this democratic decision be accepted by our Emirs ? I strongly doubt it
(edited 8 years ago)
I don't wish to trivialise the deaths they have caused, but we've lost less than 200 civilians, they've lost tens of thousands of fighters and the Kurds are literally only 35 miles from their capital.

http://www.afr.com/news/world/middle-east/syrian-kurds-push-to-within-60km-of-islamic-state-capital-20150622-ghux7p

I don't see why people think we're losing or that this task is impossible given how easily we've been trashing these ****ers.
Why would we negotiate with them. they are a terrorist organisation who attack indiscrimantely. there is no one to negotiate with, since their aim is our destruction and a worldwide caliphate. They are not to be trusted.
Original post by The Radman
I don't wish to trivialise the deaths they have caused, but we've lost less than 200 civilians, they've lost tens of thousands of fighters and the Kurds are literally only 35 miles from their capital.

http://www.afr.com/news/world/middle-east/syrian-kurds-push-to-within-60km-of-islamic-state-capital-20150622-ghux7p

I don't see why people think we're losing or that this task is impossible given how easily we've been trashing these ****ers.

People dont think we are losing its just the OP who keeps on pedalling his lies, without doing any proper research.
People dont think we are losing its just the OP who keeps on pedalling his lies, without doing any proper research.

Prior to our expansion of the bombing area to include Syria, the media hugely presented Daesh as this terrifying force of professional fighters, who could get nukes from their mates in Pakistan, all kinds of hyperbole.

They're chimps in black bedsheets with cold war era weaponry.
nah they are a seriously well financed organisation. they have achieved more than many terrorists organisations have and were on the verge of establishing a small country. they were effective adainst the lesser forces in Syria and Iraq, but they culdnt fight a conventional war. terrorism is a different type of conflict and hard to eradicate. It will only die downin the end not by force, but by peace and there being a better alternative such as jobs for those choosing to fight.

Actually they're losing ground, and the terrorist attacks are effectively opportunistic attacks by people in the name of ISIS but their connection to the organization varies from weak to non-existent.

These attacks are also entirely non-existentially threatening to the west. ISIS is weak. That's why they attack vulnerable civilian targets, because they most assuredly cannot threaten the existence of our countries in any real way (beyond stoking fear).

In a world where you're still more likely to die in a car crash or slip in your shower tomorrow rather than ever even be in the vicinity of a terrorist attack, being overly hysteric over it serves no purpose.

You'll never truly be 100% safe so why worry? A rock from space could fall on your head tomorrow and kill you and everyone else.

Risk exists. I mean hell, the US and Russia still have huge nuclear stock-piles, missiles with nuclear bombs ready to rain down on us and all it takes is an itchy trigger-finger.

Just llet go, maaaaaaan. Chill.
Their stated aim is to bring about Armageddon. I don't think they are interested in a ceasefire.
Daesh have a 0.0022 K/D they're so scary.

they want as they say all of us to be ruled under black flag of islam, like the caliphates of the dark ages tried to do before they were defeated
(edited 8 years ago)
They are winning.

If this is genuinely the case, it is solely because we are letting them, because we lack the political willpower to launch an effective attack against them. If we made it our aim to defeat them, we could do it very easily due to the combined might of EU and US militaries.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending