The Student Room Group

why do people use the word creep all the time?

Someone on you tube just reported me because I said a girl had great tits. It was kind of rude but I meant it as a compliment but the girl labelled me a 'creep'. Is it me or has the word become a kind of slur to any man who expresses any sexual/romantic interest in women.

Scroll to see replies

I think it's because YouTube isn't the best place to compliment someone's tits...
let me see
Original post by karl pilkington
Is it me or has the word become a kind of slur to any man who expresses any romantic interest in women.

You are completely right! :biggrin:Men should be able to express romantic interest more!

Obviously tits and ass are a bit much :wink: and even 'hot' can be replaced preferably with beautiful but you're on the right lines completely!!:smile:

Someone on you tube just reported me because I said a girl had great tits.

(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
Because you're a creep? Or you're just not hot.
Reply 4
That's creepy tbh
Reply 5
Because I exist :perv:
Original post by whorace
Because you're a creep? Or you're just not hot.

true often used if you are a not good looking enough man but then I don't have my photo on you tube so she would not know
Reply 7
true often used if you are a not good looking enough man but then I don't have my photo on you tube so she would not know

Creep is just something someone finds unpleasant and uncomfortable, if you say a girl has nice tits and that's the only thing you say she will think you are a creep, and who can blame her. There are exceptions obviously, but a lot of people will not be comfortable with that.
Reply 8
That is Soooooooooo true.
If you find the word being used around you a lot I have bad news for you.
Original post by RobML
Because I exist :perv:

Reply 11
Someone on you tube just reported me because I said a girl had great tits. It was kind of rude but I meant it as a compliment but the girl labelled me a 'creep'. Is it me or has the word become a kind of slur to any man who expresses any sexual/romantic interest in women.

Maybe you should have said
" You have great mammary glands"
Original post by whorace
Creep is just something someone finds unpleasant and uncomfortable, if you say a girl has nice tits and that's the only thing you say she will think you are a creep, and who can blame her. There are exceptions obviously, but a lot of people will not be comfortable with that.

no she didn't mind it was another girl who was whinging
Creep is not my favourite Radiohead song.
Because theres plenty of creepy people
Original post by barnetlad
Creep is not my favourite Radiohead song.

Wooh Radiohead fan! Hi 5 bro! What are your favourite songs? Mine are There There, Nude and Codex.

I like playing Nude when I am with children :creep:
Its just a social media/tumblr buzzword employed by various pampered westernettes not actually used to experiencing genuine fear/abuse. A gang of Moroccans threatening to gang rape yer that is creepy, a guy on his own in the corner of a nightclub does NOT constitute a genuine threat in any form. Also it kind of depends on the aura of the individual being targeted, if its a 6ft 5 Brazilian its not a creep but a guy with acne casually enquiring on a coffee date that would be according to their logic.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 17
Check the comments on Hannah Minx's vids tho :lol:

I find that the word is often used to describe guys who express a sexual or romantic interest in women in a way that suggests they care a lot more about the woman's body than about who she is as a person. Your comment fits that description.

How do you get reported on YouTube?

Quick Reply