The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by believeteam22
Why is nobody replying?

Ffs I thought this was the same post from a couple of weeks ago. One step forward and two hundred and twenty four steps back :/ *sighs*

The whole world has replied to you. Question is: is any of It REALLY sinking in?
I just saw her walk past. That was painful. She didn't even look at me. I didn't even exist. She looked totally normal and happy.

Have you tried to play it dirty on her bf?After she loses confidence on him she could go back
Original post by RoyalMarine
Have you tried to play it dirty on her bf?After she loses confidence on him she could go back

How would this help the situation? He was never with this girl. He has fallen for her and the feeling has never been mutual. She has been manipulative here and she has told him she doesn't want him in her life. He's told she's no good countless times and yet she still has a hold over him.
Original post by phunky_fresh
How would this help the situation? He was never with this girl. He has fallen for her and the feeling has never been mutual. She has been manipulative here and she has told him she doesn't want him in her life. He's told she's no good countless times and yet she still has a hold over him.

if they break up he could still jump in
(edited 8 years ago)
if they break up he could still jump in

She doesn't want him though lol she's made it very clear. Also if this is his behaviour when they aren't even in a relationship, I dread to think of how he'd be in an actual relationship. I don't think this is healthy and it is probably best he seeks professional help before getting involved with anyone romantically.
Original post by phunky_fresh
She doesn't want him though lol she's made it very clear. Also if this is his behaviour when they aren't even in a relationship, I dread to think of how he'd be in an actual relationship. I don't think this is healthy and it is probably best he seeks professional help before getting involved with anyone romantically.

because she's engaged at the moment but after she breaks up she'll be available.
So the last few days I have been really struggling. It got worse. I am having severe chest pains and all sorts of emotions so today I decided to go the hospital.

After waiting for 5hrs, I saw a doctor. I explained to him everything that happened with this girl, how it has really left me in pieces etc. And he said you are suffering from anxiety, and you are really stressed and you're not coping well with it. He said I need therapy. So he will write a referral letter which I need to take to my own GP. So he feels I need counselling as it will help me to relax and control my emotions etc.

So I need to make an appointment with my GP next week.

Also, I was extremely anxious and upset last week in uni. I am really going through hell right now.

Shaking, trembling, feeling anxious, crying, no appetite, no motivation, emptiness, sadness, visibly shaken, regret, tense, panicky, etc

When will this get better? I am very panicky about my uni work too. Honestly this is the worst timing ever.

Never knew break ups were this deep

Posted from TSR Mobile
because she's engaged at the moment but after she breaks up she'll be available.

Looool yes ignore the underlining issue
Original post by supercrazy
Never knew break ups were this deep

Posted from TSR Mobile

It would be more understandable if this was the case. This isn't a break up situation. OP has feelings for a girl, the feeling isn't mutual and she has a boyfriend. He is adamant he wants her in his life although it's clear she doesn't really care for him.
Oh my god. This is exactly me. I've been in this state for almost a year cause of my boyfriend at the time. He really made me lose my self confidence. He put me down about the way I looked, what I ate, who I would sit with everything..
In regards to all of that, I was self harming, eating more .. ( gained so much weight ) and feeling really depressed. I had anxiety myself , times I couldn't breathe.
I totally can understand how you're feeling at the moment. It is not nice.

It's easy for people to say just get over them . Clearly they're not doing you good. And then as ' humans' we're supposed to have a button that switches and tells us to keep all negativity away. But it's hard . Especially when you had deep connections with that person, and your day doesn't feel normal. Cause normal to you was waking up next to your partner or on the phone to them for hours and hours. Or meeting them in the mornings before college etc and the evening again.

I'm seeing a counsellor next week, and I really hope it helps me again.

Honestly you're not alone ! Direct message if you like ☺️
I'm at the GP now so we'll see what happens.

Yesterday I managed to talk to her. I just saw her again and I thought this might be my last ever chance at seeing her again and talking to her so I went up to her and I said this might be my last ever chance so let's talk. And she said straight away it won't change anything, that she won't change her mind and we will never be friends again. She said she doesn't trust me anymore and she doesn't like she anymore. That she used to really like me before but not anymore.

She said she used to like me a lot and trusted me 100%. But after last summer she trusted me 60% and now she doesn't trust me at all. She said "I keep things inside but at the end I explode".So my childish attitude, stupidness, needy clingy behaviour, all this stuff was what truly caused the end of this. I just couldn't control my emotions with her, I just like her too much and I just let everything get to me too easily. Own goals after own goals. That took its toll and she had had enough of me.

So it was mainly my fault. I couldn't control my emotions and I pushed her away with her stupid childish attitude. :frown:
Ask if you have Asperger's too I mean I'm not being funny I know you really like this girl but this obsession has gone on and to this intensity for years now and your threads are evidence to show this. You need to get some kind of diagnosis because the level of obsession is far too intense, it's clearly really bad for you.
So the GP had the notes from when I went to the hospital on Sunday. She said that the doctor suggested I tried counselling and I am clearly in a lot of stress, suffering from anxiety or panic attacks, etc.

She gave me a number to call and make an appointment with them.

She also said she can give me some medication to help calm me down etc, but she said have a think about it first. And decide whether you want counselling only or medication.

I don't really think any of this will help. Only I can get myself out of this. I have to somehow find some inner strength and will to fight through this difficult time in my life.

This is really hard and I am sad all the time.

The girl knows I have been in the hospital etc but she just doesn't care.
You won't know whether it'll help until you try.

The girl knows I have been in the hospital etc but she just doesn't care.

Whilst feeling sorry for yourself is natural, it's not going to help you get anywhere.

At least try the things they're offering, on your own it's going to be a lot more difficult.
You should try the things offered imo just reading your last few posts you certainly have some issues to resolve and the fact you have them is an indiation you are not strong enough to deal with them. Sometimes you have to accept you cnat do everything on your own. You should be interested in getting better and moving on.
Original post by Tiger Rag
You won't know whether it'll help until you try.

True. Will call them up.

Original post by SeanFM
Whilst feeling sorry for yourself is natural, it's not going to help you get anywhere.

At least try the things they're offering, on your own it's going to be a lot more difficult.

Yes ok, I will.

Original post by 999tigger
You should try the things offered imo just reading your last few posts you certainly have some issues to resolve and the fact you have them is an indiation you are not strong enough to deal with them. Sometimes you have to accept you cnat do everything on your own. You should be interested in getting better and moving on.

I know. I'm still trying to pinpoint the exact problem. All I know is that it's all down to this girl. I guess I was so emotionally attached to her and now I've been forced out of her life and everything is just going wrong for me.

I don't even know how to explain this whole situation, I don't even know where to begin.
I can see her point tbh. I've been in this girls situation which led to the guy being sectioned, which was apparently my fault. (even though I'd done nothing wrong) It was rather difficult to feel sympathy for him considering he'd brought the whole thing on himself.
Everyone just stop replying. Each time we reply it bumps it up to the top of the page when nothing any of us have said or will say will help him. After two years of posting on this goddamn site (along with several others), he needs to learn that posting here isn't helping him.
Original post by Tiger Rag
I can see her point tbh. I've been in this girls situation which led to the guy being sectioned, which was apparently my fault. (even though I'd done nothing wrong) It was rather difficult to feel sympathy for him considering he'd brought the whole thing on himself.

I feel hurt, pain, I regret things, I miss her, I feel sadness and emptiness.

Original post by georgiaswift
Everyone just stop replying. Each time we reply it bumps it up to the top of the page when nothing any of us have said or will say will help him. After two years of posting on this goddamn site (along with several others), he needs to learn that posting here isn't helping him.

What can I do? Nothing is helping? It's been almost 4 weeks since our friendship ended and I am not getting better. When will this misery stop? I've been to hospital, gp, I will go to counselling soon. I still don't think any of this will help.
I feel anxious and worried and upset and a million other emotions.
I will never see her again. This kills me

Latest