The Student Room Group

Manchester or bristol

Hey guys and gals, im planning to study computer science and mathematics this year, but im not sure about which uni to take as my insurance choice...im stuck between manchester and bristol, could anyone offer me their views?
Original post by N92991
Hey guys and gals, im planning to study computer science and mathematics this year, but im not sure about which uni to take as my insurance choice...im stuck between manchester and bristol, could anyone offer me their views?

what offers do you have for both of them?
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
what offers do you have for both of them?

unconditional for both. technically im a ''gap year'' as you UK guys say it :-p
Original post by N92991
unconditional for both. technically im a ''gap year'' as you UK guys say it :-p

you can't have an insurance choice with unconditional offers, only a firm.
Reply 4
you can't have an insurance choice with unconditional offers, only a firm.

Well, I have a conditional offer in Imperial which says i should get an A* in further math this year, so im thinking of firming that since its achievable. Now Im in between choosing a uni for my insurance (sorry if i didnt sound very clear, not that good in english :-p )
Original post by N92991
Well, I have a conditional offer in Imperial which says i should get an A* in further math this year, so im thinking of firming that since its achievable. Now Im in between choosing a uni for my insurance (sorry if i didnt sound very clear, not that good in english :-p )

Oh i see what you mean now :smile: have you considered looking on unistats to compare the two universities and i presume living costs would be an important factor if you are an international student?
Reply 6
Oh i see what you mean now :smile: have you considered looking on unistats to compare the two universities and i presume living costs would be an important factor if you are an international student?

Yea youre right, rankings and unistat thingy have leaned me towards bristol and costs dont seem that different, but i thought maybe some views from students already in manchester or bristol would influence me
Original post by N92991

manchester has a high acceptance rate but has good employability factors and it is easier to meet the requirements. Personally I would choose Bristol because it is a well reputed university; hard to get into tbh and is good in the sciency fields in my opinion. I actually applied to both manchester and bristol but manchester was more of a back-up uni. Best of luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending