The Student Room Group

Asylum seekers need to be stopped

Scroll to see replies

Original post by G8D
Why is it not ok to negatively generalise migrants on the actions of a 'few' but it's fine to do it positively?

who said saving the life of a racist was a positive?
Original post by G8D
Your OP was about the general act of 'saving lives'. From the typical perspective, a positive.

assumption much? not a fan of neo nazis personally
Original post by G8D
Essentially you've made an assumption you can't back up.

not the first time that has been done on this thread
Original post by TheArtofProtest
In the absence of any counter narrative, that may well have to do.

we've definitely won and he definitely hasn't gone to bed.

any more right wingers fite me
Original post by Use Err Name
who said saving the life of a racist was a positive?

:wink:
Original post by G8D
As a minimum? Vet them, heavily. Not just background/ID checks. Viability for integration, political views, cultural affiliation.

definitely. make sure they aren't decent people so we don't have repeats of the above
Original post by G8D
As a minimum? Vet them, heavily. Not just background/ID checks. Viability for integration, political views, cultural affiliation.

May I ask how you plan to "vet for political views" in a democratic country where it is a right to have freedom of political views...?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Foo.mp3
Anyone who can't see that the migrant crisis is imposing a heavy burden on Europe needs their head examined, noble as many migrants may be

So anyone who disagrees has mental issues. -_-

Its this sort of rhetoric which is dividing society.
Original post by Foo.mp3
On the contrary, this rhetoric marks the growing consensus concerning the pitfalls of inter-civilisational migration, and the perils of Islam(ism)

"Perils of Islam", that's weird, last time I checked there were 1.5 billion Muslims who had never waged jihad or tried to kill anyone who didn't follow Islam.

Change your statement to the "perils of ISIS" because ISIL's Islam is different from the Islam that 1.5 billion people ascribe to. Too many people can't differentiate between them.
Original post by Foo.mp3
You appear to be confusing the problems with a religious doctrine, as per it's intrinsic qualities + various malevolent ethno-cultural manifestations, with an entire global population of believers. Only an idiot would argue that all Muslims are X or Y, they're a mixed bunch just like the rest of us

That sounds rather like a command to me. I'm afraid I'm not about to be ordered about by some poorly informed apologist, thank you very much

Spoiler

Too many people swallow media sound-bites on 'The Religion of Peace' and fail to comprehend that it's not a huge leap from ISIS < Wahhabism < Salafism < Sunni Islam < Islam. Plainly there are differences between most Muslims and members of ISIS but there are also striking commonalities

Nope, you're telling me different things to make me confused.

It's simple, ISIS does not represent Islam, and the majority of Muslims are good people. So hating them is playing directly into the terrorists hands. Good job.
You're a victim of right-wing newspaper and media scaremongering:
- the 'rape' issues going on are vastly inflated by the conservative media. More natives rape each other daily, and the press is exaggerating it because a piece of paper which blames all of your problems on "dirty dirty Muslims and refugees" sells well. I'd be very very very concerned about citing things like the Daily Mail or Daily Express as reliable, given that they are out there to make a profit, and scaremongering sells.
- I've looked at Muslim opinion polls, such as the Pew research one, which indicates that Muslims worldwide condemn ISIS, alongside the thousands upon thousands of independent Muslim organisations condemning ISIS through social media, other forms of press, etc. Muslims hate ISIS, and you can show me an opinion poll which says that some Muslims have favourable views of ISIS, but to be frank, I wouldn't blame them - you idiots give Muslims such a hard time for not doing enough about ISIS. Tell me, did the American republican population condemn Dylann Roof when he murdered 9 black people? They didn't, in fact, the NRA made excuses and lies to cover the story up.
- And I've read the relevant parts of the Quran, its clear what it says. Maybe contradictory at times, but when a books says outright that killing non-combatants is condemned, you can't argue with that.
(edited 8 years ago)
Shoot them in front of their families. Then more won't try and come here.
Original post by Frank Underwood
Nope, you're telling me different things to make me confused.

It's simple, ISIS does not represent Islam, and the majority of Muslims are good people. So hating them is playing directly into the terrorists hands. Good job.

Right you are, my learning friend. They are good people who run from the countries, where other good people live. And we over here sit and think about the reasons of the immigration. Don't you find it illogical?
- I didn't make light of rape. Embolden a portion of the text where I "make light of rape", please.

- I'm yet to see any reliable news source that shows 'rape levels soaring', they might have gone up, but they are hardly soaring. And even if they are, and lets be nice to you and assume that you're right and that they're caused by immigrants, there are still thousands upon thousands of immigrants who did not rape them. And you are one-dimensionally criticising all of the refugees as if they're all responsible. Well guess what, the immigrants, like every single collective in history, consists of good and bad people. And you're letting the actions of the bad overshadow the potential of the good.

- ISIS is not our fault, but I think that one cause of radicalisation is hate speech directed towards Muslims and Islam.

You have a nasty habit of taking one thing I said and steaming off in a tangent with it, when in fact my actual point isn't what you think it is.
A non cucked country would use it's Army to protect it's borders, even if that means shelling illegals to prevent them from ever coming again. If you don't use force to prevent, then parasites will do everything they can to trample over and suck the life-blood of their host.

Original post by SirMilkSheikh
A non cucked country would use it's Army to protect it's borders

What do you mean "non cucked"?
Reply 17
Asylum seekers should not be stopped.
Illegal immigration must.
Original post by Multiculturalism

What do you mean "non cucked"?

A strong country that doesn't care what others think and does what's in its best interests instead of pathetically digging itself a hole because it doesn't want to offend anyone. Like China today. Or the British empire.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending