The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by thunder_chunky
Nope, he is an apologist. He has proven that over and over again, as well as his wilful ignorance.

I didn't say he wasn't, but being an anti-Islamist because of the actions of the few is worse.
Original post by 雷尼克
I didn't say he wasn't, but being an anti-Islamist because of the actions of the few is worse.

I object to the religion because of what has happened time and time again over a time span of years and all over the world. Not to mention what is written in their "holy" book. How many times does it happen and how many people have to die before people stop with that pathetic line of "waaah it's just a minority, stop being mean towards Islam waaaah."
I object to the religion because of what has happened time and time again over a time span of years and all over the world. Not to mention what is written in their "holy" book. How many times does it happen and how many people have to die before people stop with that pathetic line of "waaah it's just a minority, stop being mean towards Islam waaaah."

There is obviously a problem with religion in this world, but openly venting hateful opinions towards Muslims and attacking their religion is doing nothing to help. It is a minority who commit these terrorist attacks, and it is quite evident that they are not in phase with the rest of the followers of Islam. They have been radicalised through war, such as the revolutions through the Arab Spring, it is shameful to put the entire blame on the religion, when almost two billion people follow it worldwide without ever killing anyone.
Original post by 雷尼克
There is obviously a problem with religion in this world, but openly venting hateful opinions towards Muslims and attacking their religion is doing nothing to help. It is a minority who commit these terrorist attacks, and it is quite evident that they are not in phase with the rest of the followers of Islam. They have been radicalised through war, such as the revolutions through the Arab Spring, it is shameful to put the entire blame on the religion, when almost two billion people follow it worldwide without ever killing anyone.

You seem to be making the same mistake as the other one, which is to assume that I hate all (x) billion of them and assume them all to be guilty terrorists. My issue is primarily with the religion. Don't try to blur the lines to suit your own agenda.
Original post by 雷尼克
being an anti-Islamist because of the actions of the few is worse.
completely wrong.Being an anti-Islamist is perfectly fine and praiseworthy

Islamism (political Islam) in particular should be opposed with the utmost determination
Original post by 雷尼克
openly venting hateful opinions towards Muslims and attacking their religion is doing nothing to help.
good Lord, how can we say this in a more precise, clear way ?

We oppose Islam. We don't hate Muslims (except those who infringe the law - like we may hate any other criminal)
Frank Underwood

Islam is a peaceful religion, it condemns killing

Original post by Lady Comstock
Except apostates?

Frank Underwood
Go away with your absurd nitpicking

adulterers ? those who"spread corruption in the land" ?
"those who fight against Allah and his messenger" ?
Christians and Jews who refuse to convert to Islam or to pay jizyah ?
blasphemers ? homosexuals ? male war prisoners ?

etc etc etc
Its all acting. Western governments create the terror.
Nice idea. You should write for muslim migrants a new book "Peacefull Islam", a new redaction of their religion books. And each one of them should take exam and show the knowledge of the book before to cross the border. And after that they should take the same exam each month.
Original post by Frank Underwood
So why do you have a massive fear over Islam? Or in your exact words, a 'concern for people who favour Islam'?

Because of certain things it teaches.
You seem to be making the same mistake as the other one, which is to assume that I hate all (x) billion of them and assume them all to be guilty terrorists. My issue is primarily with the religion. Don't try to blur the lines to suit your own agenda.

Your issue is with the religion, yet its the people who are claiming to follow it who cause the problems. Islam is majorly peaceful, perhaps there are some contradictions, but you cannot deny that Islam does say good things in the Quran.

And it's also worrying that you single out Islam, in the event of an Islamic-related terror attack, you go ballistic on Islam, but apparently its "just because of the religion".

Sort your confused agenda out.
Original post by Lady Comstock
I am contradicting a pretty bold and sweeping assertion you made in that post. No religion which expressly calls for the execution of apostates is peaceful (which you asserted) in my view. And I apply the same view to Christianity, which I understand is less direct but it is believed, in some interpretations, to condemn apostates to death. If there are Muslims who have their own form of Islam that disregards the verses on apostasy, etc. then yes I would deem their religious beliefs to be "peaceful". I imagine that they would be described as "not true Muslims" however.

People are telling me that Islam is not the religion of peace, I provided quotes which prove that Islam has peaceful tenets. Maybe it isn't entirely peaceful, but compared to other religions, it's hardly any worse.

Honestly, if I just change the wording of my argument, you're still equally as bad.

You're hating on the entirety of Islam because a tiny amount of people follow a warped version of it, and it implies (but is contradicted) that violence against anti-Islamists is justified.

People follow Islam and are peaceful, that's what matters. If Islam has some worrying things, almost all Muslims ignore them. And you're making them responsible for the violence of the minority?

And it's also worrying that you single out Islam, in the event of an Islamic-related terror attack, you go ballistic on Islam, but apparently its "just because of the religion".

Sort your confused agenda out.

Islam isn't so much singled out, but comments on other religions are rarely so zealously fought against. Pointing out problems in the bible are usually met by Christians agreeing that it's horrible, and pointing out that the Churches no longer accept these positions. So there is no debate to be had.
Original post by Farm_Ecology
Islam isn't so much singled out, but comments on other religions are rarely so zealously fought against. Pointing out problems in the bible are usually met by Christians agreeing that it's horrible, and pointing out that the Churches no longer accept these positions. So there is no debate to be had.

This better be a joke, Islam is the most discriminated against religion across the world right now. You have people being attacked because they are Muslim, you have extreme racism in Europe and the USA against Muslims, you'd have to be an idiot to deny that.

Just search on Google "Islam" and "racism" (yes, I know its not racist, but thats what it is labelled as by the media), and you'll get thousands upon thousands of results. Do the same for Christianity and you'll get borderline nothing. Don't you dare lie and tell me with a straight face that Islam isn't singled out.
(edited 8 years ago)
This better be a joke, Islam is the most discriminated against religion across the world right now.

*cough* Yazidis *cough* Zoroastrianism

You have people being attacked because they are Muslim, you have extreme racism in Europe and the USA against Muslims, you'd have to be an idiot to deny that.

I didnt deny this. You've completely missed the point.

You''ve taken a comments about debates, and turned them into one about violence.
Original post by Farm_Ecology
You''ve taken a comments about debates, and turned them into one about violence.

This sentence is embarrassing and makes no grammatical sense.

I'm done arguing with someone who can't even type properly. Keep feeding the terrorists the hatred and skepticism of Islam, just like they want you to.
This sentence is embarrassing and makes no grammatical sense.

I'm done arguing with someone who can't even type properly. Keep feeding the terrorists the hatred and skepticism of Islam, just like they want you to.

You're going to completely refuse to answer because I used a mix of singular an plural? That's a joke.

I think those reading the thread will clearly see what has happened here.
(edited 8 years ago)
Islam is far from being peaceful and it is perfectly possible to criticise and hate Islam without hating Muslims.
Don't you dare lie and tell me with a straight face that Islam isn't singled out.
Islam singles itself out by itself

Latest

Trending

Trending