The Student Room Group

Southampton BM6 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bublegumprincess
thank you!

is there any reason why they say "complete tuition fee waiver" because it says partial tuition fee waiver on that website

sorry im annoying you!
Original post by bublegumprincess
is there any reason why they say "complete tuition fee waiver" because it says partial tuition fee waiver on that website

sorry im annoying you!

Not sure... never ever heard of a complete waiver before today.

Email: [email protected]

These are the guys to get in touch with to ask, and I can enquire with the BM6 lead.
@Neostigmine, im the bearded guy that came really early. I got an offer. thanks for the pre interview advice
Original post by qaisarazzaq123
@Neostigmine, im the bearded guy that came really early. I got an offer. thanks for the pre interview advice

The guy who showed up at like, 11 for a 3 o clock interview? :teehee:.

Congrats!
In the Occupational Health Questionnaire it says:

1.Are you required to undertake EPP's?

(EPP - Exposure Prone Procedure are invasive procedures where there is a risk that injury may result in the exposure of the patient's open tissues to the blood of the worker. These include procedures where the worker's gloved hand may be in contact with sharp instruments, needle tips or sharp tissues (include bone & teeth) inside a patient's open body cavity, wound or anatomical space where the hands or fingertips may not be completely visible at all times).
I am assuming yes, but just wanted to double check..?

When I click yes it also asks me to ''provide full details including dates if possible'' Im stuck lol (@Neostigmine)
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by qwerty123A
In the Occupational Health Questionnaire it says:

1.Are you required to undertake EPP's?

(EPP - Exposure Prone Procedure are invasive procedures where there is a risk that injury may result in the exposure of the patient's open tissues to the blood of the worker. These include procedures where the worker's gloved hand may be in contact with sharp instruments, needle tips or sharp tissues (include bone & teeth) inside a patient's open body cavity, wound or anatomical space where the hands or fingertips may not be completely visible at all times).
I am assuming yes, but just wanted to double check..?

When I click yes it also asks me to ''provide full details including dates if possible'' Im stuck lol (@Neostigmine)

This comes up every year and each year half people put yes, half no and nothing ever comes of it.
OH know what they're doing and you meet them so they'll change it if it is wrong when you meet them in October.
You're not going to be taking any blood etc until Year 3 of BM5 so it doesn't seem to be a problem!
Original post by Neostigmine
The guy who showed up at like, 11 for a 3 o clock interview? :teehee:.

Congrats!

thanks you!!
Is anyone rejecting the offer or making it an insurance?
Okay, so I got a rejection on Monday :frown: but got an email today from them saying my name and UCAS id and stuff (so I know it's legit and to me lol) saying that I've been rejected, but that I did well on the day and I'm on a waiting list if I confirm (which I have) if a place becomes available?
Was just wondering if anyone else got this/ what I'm supposed to do? They said they may not let me know till September? So can I still appy for finance and firm my other option (biomed) ? Accommodation? So confused?!?
Original post by Kirsten_Zvezda
Okay, so I got a rejection on Monday :frown: but got an email today from them saying my name and UCAS id and stuff (so I know it's legit and to me lol) saying that I've been rejected, but that I did well on the day and I'm on a waiting list if I confirm (which I have) if a place becomes available?
Was just wondering if anyone else got this/ what I'm supposed to do? They said they may not let me know till September? So can I still appy for finance and firm my other option (biomed) ? Accommodation? So confused?!?

Congrats on making the waiting list.

Apply for finance.
You can accept another offer.
They may not let you know until August so be prepared for a switch.

If you made the waiting list wouldn't be going down the biomed route, I'd be reapplying persoally.

Apply for finance.

If you made the waiting list wouldn't be going down the biomed route, I'd be reapplying persoally.

Hey, I'm new to tsr and only created my account to ask you this question.
I have been interested in the BM ( EU ) Programme since it pioneered. but I applied for the BM6 just as a safe choice .
After getting my rejection for the BM 6 Programme I am determined to apply for the BM eu . do you yourself have anymore Information on this Programme and could you possibly put me in contact with one of the students currently on that course ?
Original post by afromedic2016
Hey, I'm new to tsr and only created my account to ask you this question.
I have been interested in the BM ( EU ) Programme since it pioneered. but I applied for the BM6 just as a safe choice .
After getting my rejection for the BM 6 Programme I am determined to apply for the BM eu . do you yourself have anymore Information on this Programme and could you possibly put me in contact with one of the students currently on that course ?

Are you British or do you live in Germany? I am not entirely clued up but I will find what I can for you.
Are you British or do you live in Germany? I am not entirely clued up but I will find what I can for you.

I am a german national but I do live in britain and have undertaking my GCSE's here and A-Levels.
I know I am eligable to apply but I really really want to get into this uni I love southampton and ist the best way to make use of all my language skills. If you could give any advice on how to stand out in the application process it would be fantastic.
And I think I speak on behalf of all that you have been extremely helpful and entertainig during this entire cycle
(edited 8 years ago)

Hey, I thought I did well but clearly not because I got rejected and didn't even get put on a waiting list, just wondering I remember you saying that you applied twice, did you get put on the waiting list first time around? Also what are my chances of getting in and applying next year since I couldn't even make it to the waiting list. Thanks
Hi, do you know how many people typically get through from the waiting list? I'm really nervous because I can't imagine many people turning down their offer :frown:

Apply for finance.

Hi, do you know how many people typically get through from the waiting list? I'm really nervous because I can't imagine many people turning down their offer
Original post by Alisahhh1998
Hey, I thought I did well but clearly not because I got rejected and didn't even get put on a waiting list, just wondering I remember you saying that you applied twice, did you get put on the waiting list first time around? Also what are my chances of getting in and applying next year since I couldn't even make it to the waiting list. Thanks

I didn't apply to BM6 the first time round, but I was wait-listed for BM5 (didn't make the grades and this was back in the day when BM5 wasn't interviewed).

I know several people who were rejected the first time round for BM6 and accepted the next year. You change a lot in a year.

Original post by Frenchbread123
Hi, do you know how many people typically get through from the waiting list? I'm really nervous because I can't imagine many people turning down their offer :frown:

There aren't any stats for this available. People don't usually turn down offers but they do miss the grades or use BM6 as an insurance so it is not unheard of. You just need to wait and see.
I didn't apply to BM6 the first time round, but I was wait-listed for BM5 (didn't make the grades and this was back in the day when BM5 wasn't interviewed).

I know several people who were rejected the first time round for BM6 and accepted the next year. You change a lot in a year.

There aren't any stats for this available. People don't usually turn down offers but they do miss the grades or use BM6 as an insurance so it is not unheard of. You just need to wait and see.

Did those people get put on a waiting list?
Original post by Alisahhh1998
Did those people get put on a waiting list?

They were rejected the first time round after interviews.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending