The Student Room Group

Italian bisexual guy AMA

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Anonymous
That is quite a lot haha :smile: lucky you

Thank you:smile:. Hope the hard work at Cambridge won't change dramatically my sentimental and sexual life.
Giorgione or Titian ?

:holmes:
Reply 22
Original post by the bear
Giorgione or Titian ?

:holmes:

I could write several pages to answer you:smile:. Good question, it is a harsh choice.
Titian embodies the power of colour at the maximum splendour , the pictorial matter in his paintings is so fluid,vibrant and intense. His female figures characterised by voluptuous shapes and pentrative glances truly make me dream (especially Flora)He celebrates the joy of sensuality in an authentic yet incredibly effective way.

Giorgione is intruiguing from a psycological point of view, exactly like Lorenzo Lotto. His figures are always enigmatic and reflective and the interpretation of his paintings is often a tough challenge.

I honestly prefer Titian because his paintings are truly irresistible, he is absolute seduction.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by kanzev
Hi everyone, I am an Italian boy that is going to study in the Uk next Year...ask me anything

Do you refute the idea that racism is still prominent in the gay world?
si è chiaramente un uomo di gusto e distinzione.
Trovo anche il dipinto di S. Botticelli molto intrigante.

translation compliance:

Spoiler

Original post by InadequateJusticex
Do you refute the idea that racism is still prominent in the gay world?

I do not know very much the gay world tbh. I do hope though that a group that faced (and still faces probably) heavy discrimination in the past fights against racism. Do you think that racism is prominent in the gay world? Could you explain a little bit more? It is interesting...
Reply 26
I do not know very much the gay world tbh. I do hope though that a group that faced (and still faces probably) heavy discrimination in the past fights against racism. Do you think that racism is prominent in the gay world? Could you explain a little bit more? It is interesting...

Sorry guys I didn't mean to make the post anonymously :wink:
Original post by the bear
si è chiaramente un uomo di gusto e distinzione.
Trovo anche il dipinto di S. Botticelli molto intrigante.
translation compliance:

Spoiler

Oh..."the Primavera", the epitome of beauty. Thank you very much:smile:. My body is pretty similar although I am more dark tanned. I have the same ephebic traits with dark blonde hair though:wink:
What is your opinion on the rather belated arrival of Starbucks to Italy?
Reply 29
Oh..."the Primavera", the epitome of beauty. Thank you very much:smile:. My body is pretty similar although I am more dark tanned. I have the same ephebic traits with dark blonde hair though:wink:

Again sorry, stupid tick.
Original post by kanzev
I perfectly understand what you're saying, having lived (and still living it sometimes) the same situation. Moreover, trust me being bi in a country where the Catholic Church still has a remarkable infuence in public opinion as well as in politics isn't easy at all. Peole here are changing as for mentality but there is a long way to go.

I'm out only to my five clostest friend because I knew that thay would have accepted it given that they are extraordinarily intelligent and open. For all the other people I still pretend to be straight, also because sincerely I do not feel the need to come out to everyone.

It is utterly ridicolous to tell to "pick a side" randomly; we did not choose to be bi and thus this is simply how we are. It is also completely absurd to link bisexuality to promiscuity inasmuch as no sexual orientation can be generally labelled to be "promiscuous". I will honestly "pick a side" and be faithful when I will meet the woman or the man with whom I'd like to spend my entire life. What do you think?

Don't be afraid to fully discover yourself and to appreciate all the shades of your sexuality.

Good answer.
If you were faced with the choice of your dream man or woman (whatever characteristics, within reason, you desire), which would you pick as your life-long partner?
Reply 32
Original post by rockrunride
What is your opinion on the rather belated arrival of Starbucks to Italy?

Starbucks offers a different concept of coffee compared to the one we normally have here. In Italy coffee (especially espresso but also cappuccino) is drunk rapidly standing at the bar during a quick pause. Less often we sit down to have a coffee, this happens on the contrary when we have the aperitivo.

I don't mind Starbucks honestly, it is just different. I would go there if I want to chill out, have free wi-fi and eat a cheesecake probably. The issue are the prices I think. If the maintain in Italy the prices they have abroad I am sure it will be attended only by tourists. Here coffee is very cheap despite being an high quality product.

Original post by kanzev
Sorry guys I didn't mean to make the post anonymously :wink:

It is one of those issues that you only notice if you're affected by it, so unfortunately not much is really done about it. Here are some videos to back up my points:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eFoxv2fj4g Perceptions of gay asians within the gay community in SF
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Tei2xyiMhA Racist profiles on Grindr

There is a lot of oppression against ethnic minorities, with a particular focus on blacks and asians - lots of profiles with 'no chocolates or rice'. People try to mask this racism as 'preference' but it is clearly racism when you are effectively ruling out a whole group of people :confused:
Original post by InadequateJusticex
It is one of those issues that you only notice if you're affected by it, so unfortunately not much is really done about it. Here are some videos to back up my points:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eFoxv2fj4g Perceptions of gay asians within the gay community in SF
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Tei2xyiMhA Racist profiles on Grindr

There is a lot of oppression against ethnic minorities, with a particular focus on blacks and asians - lots of profiles with 'no chocolates or rice'. People try to mask this racism as 'preference' but it is clearly racism when you are effectively ruling out a whole group of people :confused:

This is disprectful, I didn't know that this kind of oppression was prominent in the gay world toward Asian and Black people. It is so stupid do rule out a whole group of people.
Reply 35
This is disprectful, I didn't know that this kind of oppression was prominent in the gay world toward Asian and Black people. It is so stupid do rule out a whole group of people. Avoid this superficial people, it is not worth even discussing about them. All the races are uniquely beautiful and I tell this having studied a lot visual anthropology, the standards of beauty and of course history of art.
Original post by kanzev
Starbucks offers a different concept of coffee compared to the one we normally have here. In Italy coffee (especially espresso but also cappuccino) is drunk rapidly standing at the bar during a quick pause. Less often we sit down to have a coffee, this happens on the contrary when we have the aperitivo.

I don't mind Starbucks honestly, it is just different. I would go there if I want to chill out, have free wi-fi and eat a cheesecake probably. The issue are the prices I think. If the maintain in Italy the prices they have abroad I am sure it will be attended only by tourists. Here coffee is very cheap despite being an high quality product.

Yep - when I was last in Italy I enjoyed a bit of bar hopping. Since it's not encouraged to hang around, I'd zip down an espresso, walk out and go to the next place.

I don't mind Starbucks either that much but it's a symptom of clone high street culture in the UK. I was very pleased to hear and observe that it hasn't made an impact in Italy. The irony is that we're all going head over heels for 'Italian', things here, so much so that in a lot of UK coffee shops ordering a 'black coffee' will either get the baristas to ask if you want an americano or get you an americano regardless. Try ordering a venti mochaccino in Italy!

I drink coffee mainly for the caffeine so usually just get a filter coffee if there's one available. It's 99p at Pret - that's comparable with Italian prices.
Reply 37
Original post by Howbeit
If you were faced with the choice of your dream man or woman (whatever characteristics, within reason, you desire), which would you pick as your life-long partner?

I cannot answer you since it is only an hypothetical situation. In the case of bisexuality I believe it is not possible to reason this way...only life will give me the answer:biggrin:
Original post by kanzev
I assure you that it is a marvellous subject and a powerful means to investigate how we evolved across the centuries ...not just a divertissement for posh girls

Yeah, yeah, yeah. It's media studies for posh kids.
Reply 39
have u ever had curry

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending