The Student Room Group

2016 Nursing Applicants!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Erin1985
I got a rejection without interview yesterday from them...... Even though 2 other unis have gave me an unconditional :frown:

See I've still not heard I've seen people who applied in January get offers or rejections and I applied in September and not heard. I've had interviews for two other units this month so I'm still waiting on them not holding out a lot of hope since it's nearly the end of March
Original post by Toby1234
Is anyone here going to Coventry or Keele for September entry (adult nursing)? So stuck on where to go!!!

I have keele as my firm! Looks amazing
Original post by Kayley874
See I've still not heard I've seen people who applied in January get offers or rejections and I applied in September and not heard. I've had interviews for two other units this month so I'm still waiting on them not holding out a lot of hope since it's nearly the end of March

They recommend in my rejection that I do an access course or hnc and the reason I was unsuccessful is because I haven't studied in the past 3 years. R u at school or college?
(edited 8 years ago)
They recommend in my rejection that I do an access course or hnc and the reason I was unsuccessful is because I haven't studied in the past 3 years. R u at school or college?

Aw so they gave feedback was it just through Ucas? I'm in my last year of studying psychology at uni so I thought I had a good chance of hearing back just because it maybe linked or was a good chance
Aw so they gave feedback was it just through Ucas? I'm in my last year of studying psychology at uni so I thought I had a good chance of hearing back just because it maybe linked or was a good chance

Yes just through ucas. I already have a degree and have wrkd for NHS in hospital and community for past 8yrs so thought I mite atleast get an interview. I suppose they prob have the most applicants so can afford to be picky. Good luck I hope u hear soon :smile:
I had an interview for Kings College on 2nd March and they said I should hear within 3 weeks however it's been over 3 weeks now, should I contact them?
Yes just through ucas. I already have a degree and have wrkd for NHS in hospital and community for past 8yrs so thought I mite atleast get an interview. I suppose they prob have the most applicants so can afford to be picky. Good luck I hope u hear soon :smile:

I emailed them all just there just so I could get a rough idea of when I would hear back yeah definitely hoping soon and oh really that sounds like good experience though, have you heard back from anywhere else though and thanks
I emailed them all just there just so I could get a rough idea of when I would hear back yeah definitely hoping soon and oh really that sounds like good experience though, have you heard back from anywhere else though and thanks

Hopefully they get back to you soon! Yes I got unconditional offers from UWS and Stirling :smile: I firmed Stirling :smile: x
Original post by Shak123455
OMG there's a protest !
No, are you ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Shak123455 I have tried to message you but it says you need to delete some messages in your inbox because it is full, then I'll be able to send messages to you☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
I had an interview for the Swindon Oxford Brookes 2 weeks ago!
It was so chilled out and relaxed,
We did a group session on how we would deal with a particular patient, wrote about how we felt the task went and then had a formal interview.
The admissions team were really nice and asked the general questions you would expect.
Still waiting for a response, fingers crossed!!
Anyone got Bournemouth offers for adult nursing?
Original post by Leesh12
Anyone got Bournemouth offers for adult nursing?

I have, which intake? :smile:
Original post by omr1995
I have, which intake? :smile:

September, you?x
Hi everyone,
I have just been offered a place at Hud for adult nursing, I'm over the moon can't wait. Although I am a little nervous being 37 yrs of age. X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sammyjonny
Hi everyone,
I have just been offered a place at Hud for adult nursing, I'm over the moon can't wait. Although I am a little nervous being 37 yrs of age. X

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hello,
Im sure you will be fine. Im 27 and was worried about that, but then I thought we have had more time in life to practice :smile:

Congratulations x
Original post by sammyjonny
Hi everyone,

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm 34 and will be starting Child Nursing in Sep at Cumbria - I am Married and have a 21 month old little boy. I'm sure you'll be absolutely fine - I think it's a course that attracts a lot of mature students that are wanting career changes. I have already done 2 degree courses - an Undergrad BSc when I was 19 and then I did a PGCE in 2012 when I was 30 x
Reply 3396
has anyone else still not heard back from northumbria??
[QUOTE=e_llyn;63650519]has anyone else still not heard back from northumbria??

For an offer or an interview? All decisions have been made and you should know by 31st apparently
Reply 3398
Original post by ladyspork
For an offer or an interview? All decisions have been made and you should know by 31st apparently

i had an interview in feb, so i'm waiting to hear back if i've been given an offer or rejected lol - but thank you! only a little bit more waiting to go :smile:
[QUOTE=e_llyn;63654581]i had an interview in feb, so i'm waiting to hear back if i've been given an offer or rejected lol - but thank you! only a little bit more waiting to go :smile:

Yup! The last interviews were Wednesday so if they're on track you should know soon. I found out on Tuesday evening I have a March 2017 offer for adult nursing :smile: good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending