The Student Room Group

Architecture 2016 Entry Applications and Offers

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AuroraSara
I'm still waiting for Sheffield to reply, however I submitted my portfolio a few months back and still haven't gotten a response xS Have you visited both unis? Nottingham has free materials which is really good, not sure about Sheffield and their pros.

Ohh good luck:smile:
I am an international student so it is difficult to visit them now because I have school etc. Have you visited any of them?
Just got a rejection from Edinburgh.... fml...
Reply 1282
Original post by LiveTheMoment
Just got a rejection from Edinburgh.... fml...

I was rejected too :frown: waiting for so long to hear that was a bit of a blow
Original post by CR2016
I was rejected too :frown: waiting for so long to hear that was a bit of a blow

I know... I am so sad... But it is even worse to have waited so long...

What offers do you have?
Original post by Myria_x
Ohh good luck:smile:
I am an international student so it is difficult to visit them now because I have school etc. Have you visited any of them?

Thanks :smile: and I visited Kent twice and Nottingham only once, both are really lovely but it's personal preference really. Nottingham is bigger in terms of campus and city, Kent is smaller and more studenty but everything is so much closer in comparison. Both architecture departments are good too, good luck as well ^^
Reply 1285
I know... I am so sad... But it is even worse to have waited so long...

What offers do you have?

Exactly :frown:

So far, Manchester, Sheffiled and UAL, but think Edinburgh would've been my first choice.

Hbu?
Original post by CR2016
Exactly :frown:

So far, Manchester, Sheffiled and UAL, but think Edinburgh would've been my first choice.

Hbu?

Oxford Brookes and Westminster...I was rejected by Bartlett too but I also applied there for AIS which would be my first choice, but they haven't given me an answer yet...
I just got an unconditional from UCL!
Original post by mangostan

Wow!!! congratulations!!!! I have to say that I am somewhat jealous.. :smile:) What are your predicted grades?
Wow!!! congratulations!!!! I have to say that I am somewhat jealous.. :smile:) What are your predicted grades?

Thank you so much!! I'm on a foundation course atm so I've already completed my a-levels (they were A*A*B)
Thank you so much!! I'm on a foundation course atm so I've already completed my a-levels (they were A*A*B)

Congratulations!!🎉 When did you have your interview and what subjects did you take for a levels?

Well done that's amazing!!!
When was your interview? I hate waiting 😁
Original post by Lawlrai
Congratulations!!🎉 When did you have your interview and what subjects did you take for a levels?

Thank you!! It was on the 15th of March. I took Psychology, Sociology and English lit
Original post by Storm2323
Well done that's amazing!!!
When was your interview? I hate waiting 😁

It was on the 15th , I was surprised they got back to me so quick!
It was on the 15th , I was surprised they got back to me so quick!

Oooh same day as me!! Well done, they must just really want you to come!

Congrats on your offer! :smile:
Original post by zzdevzz
I need help with my choices. I've applied to the Bartlett, Westminster, Coventry, Kingston and Oxford Brookes. I've received offers from 4 (not the Bartlett). I'm not rejected from the Bartlett however I'm pretty sure I've been rejected after this long wait. So what I wanted to ask is what's the best university for me to go for? In terms of what they want: Westminster (AAB) : Kingston (320 points). Coventry (unconditional) and Oxford Brookes is unconditional too.

What university would you guys recommend I go for? I mean in terms of my choices, I know with AAB i could've applied to some higher universities but Im pretty sure I wanted to stay around London. With the following exceptions in my choices.

What do you guys think is the best and will help in terms of the employment etc, would really appreciate some feedback. Cheers.

I've decided on Westminster mainly on the basis that I wanted to study in London, and it was the only university I applied to located there besides UCL (from which I didn't receive an offer). I was really sceptical about Westminster due to their ranking, and at first considered staying in Manchester to study at MSA, but honestly Westminster's facilities are so so good. Their fabrication laboratory is, quite frankly, unrivalled in London (but I doubt this will still be the case when the new Bartlett building is complete haha). Also, personally I think being in London is so important due to industry links and the fact that it is a thriving metropolis with so much going on... the possibilities in the capital are endless... something which I believe would be essential as an architecture student/.

It depends on your priorities at the end of the day; which studios do you prefer, what city do you want to live in, which way would you like to work in. don't look at what school is most respected... because at the end of the day, all the schools are good schools. wherever you go, you will come out with a Part 1... Architecture is what YOU make of it. :smile:

Congratulations bro, i'm jelous too xD. When was your interview may i ask?
Original post by zzdevzz
Congratulations bro, i'm jelous too xD. When was your interview may i ask?

thank you! it was on the 15th of March
Oooh same day as me!! Well done, they must just really want you to come!

haha not sure what to do now since I'm still quite set on westminster!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending