The Student Room Group

Am I wrong in feeling a little sorry for Adam Johnson?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dodgypirate
Adam Johnson
Paedophile
He plays with little children
Takes them to the stadium of light
To sexually abuse them

Learn the definiton of a pedophile before you go around accusing people of being one.
Original post by chosenone93
The passion in the way some of you are sympathizing with him for having sex with a school girl is suspicious to say the least.

The passion in the way some of you are trashing him for havin sex with a school girl is hypocritical to say the least. As if you didn't have sex when you were in school.
Original post by lolakirk
Learn the definiton of a pedophile before you go around accusing people of being one.

The passion in the way some of you are trashing him for havin sex with a school girl is hypocritical to say the least. As if you didn't have sex when you were in school.

So?
Original post by Dodgypirate

But you're just too breaindead to even attempt to make sense

Not with a 28 year old woman,no
Not with a 28 year old woman,no

Ah well that sucks for you.
Ah well that sucks for you.

Maybe your daughter will before she's 16 :wink:
Yes, exactly. Just because you find it inappropriate doesn't mean a 15 year old can't consent. And consent doesn't depend on the sexual partner's age. If you consent decide to have sex with a someone your own age, you can consent to having sex with anyone.

Their parents may have something to say about that and without recourse to the law it would get messy. Anyway more interested to hear keromedics view but thanks. :h:
(edited 8 years ago)
Maybe your daughter will before she's 16 :wink:

I don't have a daughter, nor will I ever have a daughter, however yours most definitely will. :wink:
I don't have a daughter, nor will I ever have a daughter, however yours most definitely will. :wink:

Utter failure in realising that was a hypothetical analogy to show your piss poor logic :wink:
Utter failure in realising that was a hypothetical analogy to show your piss poor logic :wink:

Can you even comprehend English? I wouldn't go around crying rape if my 15 year old daughter decided and consented to having sex with a 28 year old. However I will never have a daughter so if either of us will ever have to face that situation, it's gonna be you, not me. So have fun crying about it. :wink:
Can you even comprehend English? I wouldn't go around crying rape if my 15 year old daughter decided and consented to having sex with a 28 year old. However I will never have a daughter so if either of us will ever have to face that situation, it's gonna be you, not me. So have fun crying about it. :wink:

Never said it was rape but if he had sex with my 15 year old daughter knowing she was underage i'd want him dealt with end of.
Original post by Good bloke
Your are tying yourself in knots in a lost cause. By factual consent you must mean consent. Rape is a convenient word that means "sex without consent"; sex means "sex" (with or without consent). Words in acts of parliament have the ordinary meaning ascribed to them unless they are defined otherwise.

Clearly you have no knowledge of the SOA because the definition of consent is given its own section

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes, exactly. Just because you find it inappropriate doesn't mean a 15 year old can't consent. And consent doesn't depend on the sexual partner's age. If you consent decide to have sex with a someone your own age, you can consent to having sex with anyone.

So if age 13 should be legal due to the teenager status, what if an older woman, say a female tennis player, had sex with a 13 year old boy. I just think 13 is very young.
Original post by Underscore__
Clearly you have no knowledge of the SOA because the definition of consent is given its own section

Posted from TSR Mobile

And it doesn't say that under 16s cannot consent. No statute does. Neither expressly nor impliedly.
It does however say under 13s cannot consent because that's automatically rape.
Original post by Underscore__

Posted from TSR Mobile

You didn't read post 205 where I quoted that section, then?
Original post by Bornblue
And it doesn't say that under 16s cannot consent. No statute does. Neither expressly nor impliedly.
It does however say under 13s cannot consent because that's automatically rape.

As I've already said if the fact that the consent part is missing from s.5 means it's implying someone under 13 can never consent then it's absence from s.9 would mean the same thing

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Good bloke
You didn't read post 205 where I quoted that section, then?

Well then why did you try and make out consent is taken as in its ordinary meaning?

Dictionary definition of consent: 'Permission for something to happen or agreement to do something'
SOA definition of consent:
'For the purposes of this Part, a person consents if he agrees by choice, and has the freedom and capacity to make that choice.'

As you can see the SOA definition is more substantive. By the dictionary definition coerced people are still giving consent.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending