The Student Room Group

Took a dump and bled about 5 litres of it AMA

I'm not ok. I'm slightly worried the whole toilet water was a dark red, when i wiped my butt there was a lot of red o.o

Scroll to see replies

Original post by thefatone
I'm not ok. I'm slightly worried the whole toilet water was a dark red, when i wiped my butt there was a lot of red o.o

If you're a fit girl I'll help plug it for you
This isn't WebMD.
How old are you?
haemorrhoids?
Original post by kieran12321LFC

Wow clearly thought this one through haven't you :puke:
Original post by Little Popcorns
Wow clearly thought this one through haven't you :puke:

Well a little bit of blood ain't gonna stop me
dont waste it down the toilet - donate it to a blood centre
this is so gross it makes me sad
It could be other things but bleeding down there can be a sign of bowl cancer. I'd go to the doctors.

Bowl cancer has a really high survival rate if it it caught soon enough but people put going to the doctors off as the symptoms are often embarrassing. I'm not a doctor and it could be other less scary things but it is better to be safe than sorry.
Reply 9
And I drilled a hole into my skull and bled out 53.5 Litres
Original post by thefatone

:doctor:
Reply 11
are you male or female. maybe your started your period :redface:
Reply 12
:puke: :doc:
Could be an anal fissure.

Disclaimer: despite my infamous bedside manner I am not a medical professional and blood out of the wrong hole should probably mean a trip to your GP.
Could be bowel cancer, I would get it check out.

Also we only have about 5 litres of blood :tongue:
I am not a medical professional so don't make serious life decisions based on this or any other post but I've been around life a while (returning to uni for a masters) and have seen a fair share of bleeding.

A few serious questions though as some people want to make jokes, which aren't helpful when you're scared about a medical issue.

1. Was it a large or super solid bowel movement? These can cause some blood vessels in your anus to burst, especially if there was also straining. The TP would be full of blood and the toilet water might look like a massacre happened. (It happens... my workplace is odd so we do sometimes talk about things like this). Although scary, if it's a one-off it's nothing to worry about. Just eat more fibre and drink more water and it should clear up on its own. This is ONLY if the blood was fresh and bright, proper blood-red on your TP.

2. Is the blood is darker, or blackish? Run to the doctor asap. Dark blood is from further up the digestive tract and has been bleeding for a while as it takes time to turn dark. The sooner that is looked at the better.

If it's worrying you a lot or causing stress, there's no harm in getting yourself checked out by a doctor because it's better to have them confirm that you're fine than to ignore it and have it be serious.

More people than will ever admit have had a fresh bloody poo from straining or constipation and been terrified by the toilet result. It usually clears up if it's just a haemorrhoid type.

I hope it's nothing serious!
Reply 16
Original post by kieran12321LFC

although i choose not to show my gender publically i'm a guy so no

Original post by Little Popcorns
How old are you?
haemorrhoids?

16 maybe 17? I was born in April 1999 so i guess you could work it out from there
Original post by sleepysnooze
dont waste it down the toilet - donate it to a blood centre

nobody wants shitty blood, literally
Original post by chickenfoot
this is so gross it makes me sad

ok

Original post by ChaoticButterfly
It could be other things but bleeding down there can be a sign of bowl cancer. I'd go to the doctors.

Bowl cancer has a really high survival rate if it it caught soon enough but people put going to the doctors off as the symptoms are often embarrassing. I'm not a doctor and it could be other less scary things but it is better to be safe than sorry.

hmmm i doesn't happen much at all really, this is a one off, tbh it's probably the firts time i took a dump since dofe which felt satisfying dofe was on 17th of march and finished on the 19th
Original post by sandvika
And I drilled a hole into my skull and bled out 53.5 Litres

ok then just exaggerating a bit but the toilet was pretty red... maybe i should've taken a pic before i flushed....
Original post by Tootles
:doctor:

i probably should but it's just a one off... i've been pretty ill with a cough flu thing going round my school and me recooperating from dofe
Original post by mkap
are you male or female. maybe your started your period :redface:

seriously can't ppl read the title. Dump comes from your butt not the vagina >.>
Original post by mscaffrey
Could be an anal fissure.

Disclaimer: despite my infamous bedside manner I am not a medical professional and blood out of the wrong hole should probably mean a trip to your GP.

could be that's what my friends suggested before to me but generally the blood doesn't really become consistent, this time it was a one off
Original post by GettingitDone
Could be bowel cancer, I would get it check out.

Also we only have about 5 litres of blood :tongue:

yup just exaggerating a little... ok quite a bit, i probably **** out 100ml of blood i dunno it's just a guess but yea....

Original post by CantFindAName
I am not a medical professional so don't make serious life decisions based on this or any other post but I've been around life a while (returning to uni for a masters) and have seen a fair share of bleeding.

A few serious questions though as some people want to make jokes, which aren't helpful when you're scared about a medical issue.

1. Was it a large or super solid bowel movement? These can cause some blood vessels in your anus to burst, especially if there was also straining. The TP would be full of blood and the toilet water might look like a massacre happened. (It happens... my workplace is odd so we do sometimes talk about things like this). Although scary, if it's a one-off it's nothing to worry about. Just eat more fibre and drink more water and it should clear up on its own. This is ONLY if the blood was fresh and bright, proper blood-red on your TP.

2. Is the blood is darker, or blackish? Run to the doctor asap. Dark blood is from further up the digestive tract and has been bleeding for a while as it takes time to turn dark. The sooner that is looked at the better.

If it's worrying you a lot or causing stress, there's no harm in getting yourself checked out by a doctor because it's better to have them confirm that you're fine than to ignore it and have it be serious.

More people than will ever admit have had a fresh bloody poo from straining or constipation and been terrified by the toilet result. It usually clears up if it's just a haemorrhoid type.

I hope it's nothing serious!

Yup fresh blood also i do take huge turds sometimes.

i've taken 1 black turd in my whole lifetime (so dark brown it looked black, my colon absorbed the **** out of it xD well not the **** but the water and useful stuff)

lol this one slipped out quite easily xD

but yea no stress really ...
Could still be bowel cancer.
Reply 18
Original post by GettingitDone
Could still be bowel cancer.

could be but it's not often enough and not enough blood for me to constitute it as cancer
and this is why I love TSR
:yy:

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest