The Student Room Group

What's the quickest and easiest way to tone my myself up?

im busy with working full time whilst doing my degree full time so i don't really have time for fitness apart from going jogging every few days? does anyone know any quick easy way to tone my ass/stomach. I'm slim size 6/8 my stomach is fairly flat but want it toned and i have a fat ass but i want that toned too.

im pretty lazy and going to a gym seems like too much effort and quite far from where i live so it would take a big chunk out of my time. im hoping i could do all this at home, i dont have any weights at home as my brother got rid of em.

any ideas? thanks :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Twerking
I swear I discussed this with you before, go back and check the PMs :tongue:
Reply 3
Original post by Trojan Horse
Twerking

cant twerk to save ma life. never done it haha

Original post by WoodyMKC
I swear I discussed this with you before, go back and check the PMs :tongue:

i deleted the PMs and forgot :colondollar:
Reply 4
Original post by mkap
im busy with working full time whilst doing my degree full time so i don't really have time for fitness apart from going jogging every few days? does anyone know any quick easy way to tone my ass/stomach. I'm slim size 6/8 my stomach is fairly flat but want it toned and i have a fat ass but i want that toned too.

im pretty lazy and going to a gym seems like too much effort and quite far from where i live so it would take a big chunk out of my time. im hoping i could do all this at home, i dont have any weights at home as my brother got rid of em.

Tbh I think abs day is the easiest day and compared to legs and arms day, it is shortest.

All you need is a roller and something heavy.
I can tell you the exercises if you want. :smile:
lift weights + calorie deficit

if you have no access to a gym then do some calisthenics

you can't 'tone' a particular area you need to lose bodyfat all over your body and your genetics will decide where it goes from first
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by mkap

Practice makes perfect:smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Dinaa
Tbh I think abs day is the easiest day and compared to legs and arms day, it is shortest.

All you need is a roller and something heavy.
I can tell you the exercises if you want. :smile:

yeah that would be so helpful! :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Greg Jackson
lift weights + calorie deficit

you can't 'tone' a particular area you need to lose bodyfat all over your body and your genetics will decide where it goes from first

it goes from my stomach first, dont lose weight/gain weight on any other part of my body
Original post by mkap

Find a sport you enjoy and smash that out, or fins excercises on the internet for those areas of yours. Situps is one of them. Squats.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by Truthseeker1
Find a sport you enjoy and smash that out, or fins excercises on the internet for those areas of yours. Situps is one of them. Squats.

Posted from TSR Mobile

im going to start swimming regularly but most of the time i swim on my back so it just works my legs, not as confident swimming on my front
Original post by mkap

i deleted the PMs and forgot :colondollar:

Ah well, long and short of it is, lower bodyfat levels = definition or "tone". I know from personal experience that I can get abs without ever doing a single sit up or crunch - the ab muscles are always there, but if you can't see them that just means they're covered with a layer of fat. So, simply put, eat less and move more = fat loss and better definition.
Original post by mkap
im going to start swimming regularly but most of the time i swim on my back so it just works my legs, not as confident swimming on my front

Yes maam swimming is great fun :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Get a tan
For ass, squats and leg lifts are good :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by mkap
yeah that would be so helpful! :smile:

Sure

You can search for like any exercises on bodybuilding.com :cool:

Roll outs ;10 reps, 3 sets
Front plank; 10 Mississippi seconds
Left hand side plank; 10 m.secs
Crutches; 10 reps, 3 sets
Right hand side plank; 10 m.secs
Russian twist (using something heavy, like a 5kg weight); 10 reps, 3sets.
Video for Russian twist:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcLqUjo8IeE
Tummy vacuums; 10 m.secs, 3 sets
Leg raise crutches; 10 reps, 3 sets.

Sounds long af, but its really not so I do stretches for flexibility after.

Hope this helps. :smile:
Original post by mkap

i have a picture so wait a second and i'll upload it.............

done
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 17

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was told sit ups are useless. I think crutches > sit ups.
Reply 18
Original post by Tamil Tiger
Get a tan

stop taking the pi**, mango peeler

Yes maam swimming is great fun :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

i know need to learnt to swim better on my front, its so scary tho
Original post by Dinaa
I was told sit ups are useless. I think crutches > sit ups.

Yes, I think crunches are a more extreme version of sit-ups, yes that would be tone your abs if done excessively, but me I cant be bothered aiming to get muscle

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest