The Student Room Group

Men what makes you think a girl is "trashy"?

Scroll to see replies

Not having sex with me......
Reply 21
Original post by mkap
what type of piercings do you think are acceptable? :smile:

None but if you must the ear is best place, the tongue is often used but it's quite sexual, I think anything that draws attention like that is trashy.
Original post by whorace
I presume they're talking about the orange faced girls with awful eyebrows.

If so, fair enough. If not, I imagine they're the type of guys to become outraged if a girl is flashing a bit too much elbow :rolleyes:
I don't think tattoos or piercings are trashy at all! On guys and girls I think they can be sooo cool! :biggrin:

I guess I'd think someone was 'trashy' if they had no manners, judged other people or were bigots
Reply 24
Original post by Changing Skies
Exactly. I understand and accept that some people aren't a fan of it, but I'm not sure I'd call it a trashy look.

I think it looks very nice if done properly, as for jewellery having a cross (and being religious) or having your dead aunts necklace around your neck is obviously more classy than having some awful necklace you got from a guy you slept with while drunk.
Original post by Tamil Tiger
Why do you think makeup makes someone flattering?

Because it does. It can enhance features and give a nice healthy glow. Why else would millions of people wear it? Why would celebrities bother with it if it made them look worse? Never understood people who have a problem with all makeup looks.
Why do you think makeup makes someone trashy? Most women wear makeup, and not every woman who does absolutely cakes herself in it. It can be very flattering and subtle.

Even if it's subtle, it still gets in the way of what her face looks like naturally - women seem to be blind to the fact that they look better with absolutely no make-up on.

Original post by MACmakeupgirl
post a girl with no makeup

I really can't be bothered - it's just a fact. Men prefer women without make-up (yet women seem completely oblivious to this).
Original post by whorace
tattoos
piercings
hair colouring
revealing or ill fitting clothes
swearing
aggressive
easy
no self-respect
public drunkenness
materialistic

Are ear piercings okay? Or are they too trashy..
Reply 28
Original post by queen-bee
Are ear piercings okay? Or are they too cheap..

Clarified above, not really a fan but they're in the least trashy position so sure.
Original post by whorace
tattoos
piercings
hair colouring
swearing
aggressive
easy
no self-respect
public drunkenness
materialistic

Smoking? I don't like it when people smoke in public
Why do you think makeup makes someone trashy? Most women wear makeup, and not every woman who does absolutely cakes herself in it. It can be very flattering and subtle.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Makeup looks nice I think but there's lots of different styles you can wear it, I don't like lots of foundation so that you can see the actual makeup on her skin
Original post by whorace
I think it looks very nice if done properly, as for jewellery having a cross (and being religious) or having your dead aunts necklace around your neck is obviously more classy than having some awful necklace you got from a guy you slept with while drunk.

I agree. I'm not naive enough to think all makeup looks great, because it obviously doesn't (even then, if it makes people happy then leave them to it). Haha yeah :lol:
Reply 32
Original post by Legendary Quest
Smoking?

Yes and no, almost always it would be considered trashy but there is a certain sophistication when done by some girls, but they're usually very classy in other respects.
Original post by whorace
Clarified above, not really a fan but they're in the least trashy position so sure.

Even simple lobe piercings?
Original post by whorace
tattoos
piercings
hair colouring
swearing
aggressive
easy
no self-respect
public drunkenness
materialistic

The bold ones I completely agree with...
What do you mean by easy? ill fitting clothes? Like if she bought xxl clothes when she is an xxs?
hair colouring, well...
Piercings? Does that include ear piercings?
Tramp stamps
Overly superficial
Smoking
Spits on floor
Double barrelled first names :yep:
Reply 36
Original post by queen-bee
Even simple lobe piercings?

Yeah but as I said it's more of a personal preference than it being trashy, a lot of guys consider people with tongue piercings trashy due to its position, the ear is obviously not very sexual so it's fine. Depends on the style as well
Having no interest in art?

I dont think ive ever seen a girl and thought she looks trashy. I have seen ones and thought they are rude or ignorant.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by whorace
Mainly odd colours (red, blue, green)
Being loud
Only talking about sex
Being nasty
Having no interest in art
Littering

I could go on

Not being interested in art makes you "trashy"? :curious:
Original post by King Scorchy

I really can't be bothered - it's just a fact. Men prefer women without make-up (yet women seem completely oblivious to this).

who said women live their lives according to what men want?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending