The Student Room Group

Should I tell him ?

We have been talking for quite a while now as friends but... ever since I met him I've been getting butterflies..i really like him...he doesn't know that and I'm scared to tell him and be rejected by him..he told me to be open with him once about anything and I've asked him an indirect question about this and has advised me to tell the person before its too late or you will regret it...should I tell him? what shall I say? would it be better face to face or send him a paragraph on text explaining? or shall I write it down on a piece of paper and give it to him? I get really shy so I don't know what to do...:confused:

Scroll to see replies

I think its better to tell him face to face.
If you really like him then go for it. If you dont do it another girl might and you will feel awful.
The worsr he can do is say no to you. It may however stop you from being friends if this happens. Im pretty sure you will want to stay friends if he says no.
Maybe drop him hints that you like him. Eye contact, smiling, maybe even touching him will give him an indication that you like him. Initiate conversations with him (if you dont already). Also you could arrange to meet him out somewhere or go on a date and see what happens.
I say go for it!
Good luck, hope it works out.
You should tell him and, preferably, face to face! Since you can never know if he is interested in you (some people give signals, some people don't), I think you should directly deal with the situation. He likes you? Great. He rejects you? His loss. You'll move on and find someone who deserves you. :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by FireFreezer77
I think its better to tell him face to face.
If you really like him then go for it. If you dont do it another girl might and you will feel awful.
The worsr he can do is say no to you. It may however stop you from being friends if this happens. Im pretty sure you will want to stay friends if he says no.
Maybe drop him hints that you like him. Eye contact, smiling, maybe even touching him will give him an indication that you like him. Initiate conversations with him (if you dont already). Also you could arrange to meet him out somewhere or go on a date and see what happens.
I say go for it!
Good luck, hope it works out.

Thank you so much^^ ...its gonna be hard as i do lack in confidence sometimes :frown:
Reply 4
Original post by apocalypseArisen
You should tell him and, preferably, face to face! Since you can never know if he is interested in you (some people give signals, some people don't), I think you should directly deal with the situation. He likes you? Great. He rejects you? His loss. You'll move on and find someone who deserves you. :smile:

Thanks beautiful ^^x
Original post by elforjg02
Thank you so much^^ ...its gonna be hard as i do lack in confidence sometimes :frown:

No worries!
I know its hard. I also lack confidence (i went and spoke to my crush for the first time recently and my confidence soared). Dont think about it, just do it. The more you think about doing it, the more nervous you will become.
Reply 6
No worries!
I know its hard. I also lack confidence (i went and spoke to my crush for the first time recently and my confidence soared). Dont think about it, just do it. The more you think about doing it, the more nervous you will become.

thanks...oooo hope it went well :wink:
Tell him face to face. His reaction will say it all. And do it soon x
Reply 8
Original post by AthiaKarim
Tell him face to face. His reaction will say it all. And do it soon x

Thnx x dw gonna see him next Tuesday :colondollar:
thanks...oooo hope it went well :wink:

The first convo went really well.
When i went to talk to her the second time it all fell apart. She wouldnt talk to me (she was quite stroppy about it) so its not going any further now.
Reply 10
The first convo went really well.
When i went to talk to her the second time it all fell apart. She wouldnt talk to me (she was quite stroppy about it) so its not going any further now.

stroppy...how come? what was the convo about?:confused:
stroppy...how come? what was the convo about?:confused:

I have no idea why she was like that. She was perfectly happy the week before

There was no convo this time. I literally said hi and she sped off. I then called her name and she stopped. I told her that i wasnt able to add her of FB and if she could add me (she agreed to it the previous week) she then said yes quiety snd sped off again. I then said "do you even know my name". She then rolled her eyes and carried on walking.
She was happy when she came out of lesson. She then let out big sigh when i called her name.
I dont want to be around people like that.

Sopefully things go better for you.
At least your friends with the guy. I didnt know this girl before i spoke to her (all i knew was what she looked like and her dress sense).
Reply 12
I have no idea why she was like that. She was perfectly happy the week before

There was no convo this time. I literally said hi and she sped off. I then called her name and she stopped. I told her that i wasnt able to add her of FB and if she could add me (she agreed to it the previous week) she then said yes quiety snd sped off again. I then said "do you even know my name". She then rolled her eyes and carried on walking.
She was happy when she came out of lesson. She then let out big sigh when i called her name.
I dont want to be around people like that.

Sopefully things go better for you.
At least your friends with the guy. I didnt know this girl before i spoke to her (all i knew was what she looked like and her dress sense).

awww :frown: she doesn't deserve u anyways...dw soon u will find someone better than her...and thanks i will need some guts to tell him...we only just started talking recently like for a few weeks lol..
awww :frown: she doesn't deserve u anyways...dw soon u will find someone better than her...and thanks i will need some guts to tell him...we only just started talking recently like for a few weeks lol..

It wouldnt have lasted long if we had got together (if she behaved like that).
I hope so, but girls dont like me :frown:
It is hard but its worth it. Ah ok, well if you feel the time is right then you must be getting on really well. He may even feel the same way, ya never know :smile:
Reply 14
It wouldnt have lasted long if we had got together (if she behaved like that).
I hope so, but girls dont like me :frown:
It is hard but its worth it. Ah ok, well if you feel the time is right then you must be getting on really well. He may even feel the same way, ya never know :smile:

that's what i'm scared about...if he doesn't feel the same way...:frown:
that's what i'm scared about...if he doesn't feel the same way...:frown:

I was scared about that too.
Just try not to think about that and ask him. Thats the only way you will get an answer.
Reply 16
I was scared about that too.
Just try not to think about that and ask him. Thats the only way you will get an answer.

oh ok thanks ^^...he's leaving in July time as well to uni :frown: ..better telling him sooner than later
Im with the tell him group, everyone takes the risk of being rejected but i like the indirect question.
oh ok thanks ^^...he's leaving in July time as well to uni :frown: ..better telling him sooner than later

Ah right. In that case you should tell him sooner rather than later. You will want to tell him before he goes.
Reply 19
Ah right. In that case you should tell him sooner rather than later. You will want to tell him before he goes.

yh i suppose so...thnx ^^

Quick Reply

Latest