The Student Room Group
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

BCU nursing interview 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sam2990
the group interview is nothing major its a scenario that your asked to discuss but i wasnt sure what they were alctually looking for they told me i was quiet but i was joining in but didnt want to dominate. so maybe try to encourage other people as well as put your points accross.
ours was something about you see a lady in distress saying she cant find her child and he has been taken in a busy shopping centre what do you do or how do you react

the 6 c's i didnt get asked anything about them. BCU was the only place that even mentioned them in the interview!
they ask you questions like what do you think is part of the role of nursing a child, why childrens nursing, how do you cope with stress etc

and the maths test is pretty straight forward just 10 questions no literacy or anything and no calculator paper

Thankyou for your kindness!
I really appreciate it!
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website
Original post by katieemmaholland
Congrats! same here x

Me too! See you in Jan! :smile:
Original post by shannacd
I have just Recieved my offer from bcu starting jan 2017 😊

Me too! See you in Jan! :smile:
Reply 323
Been offered Jan as well! Congrats everyone :smile:
When did you guys get your offers through?? And when was your interview? 😖 Feeling pretty hopeless now everyone else has had their offers
Reply 325
Original post by DaisyG2708
When did you guys get your offers through?? And when was your interview? 😖 Feeling pretty hopeless now everyone else has had their offers

My email came through at 4ish today, and my interview was Feb 19th. The email said that they are unable to consider anymore September places so they are only offering Jan now
Same here! guess i will be seeing you in Jan!
Original post by Mia2205
My email came through at 4ish today, and my interview was Feb 19th. The email said that they are unable to consider anymore September places so they are only offering Jan now
Reply 327
Original post by katieemmaholland
Same here! guess i will be seeing you in Jan!

Yeah, see you then!
Ah okay! Well done! ☺️☺️ Let's hope I hear soon 😖
Ah okay! Well done! ☺️☺️ Let's hope I hear soon 😖

I know it's hard but don't worry. You should hear by next week if they're giving out offers for March as I had my interview at the beginning of March! :smile:
Original post by ShanSmith
I know it's hard but don't worry. You should hear by next week if they're giving out offers for March as I had my interview at the beginning of March! :smile:

Well either way I have to hear something! Yeah I think my interview day was the last one so I guess I'll hear last 😖😖

But I won't lie I'm pretty jealous of everyone who has an offer! I only have one test left 🙄🙁 and that's in April
But I won't lie I'm pretty jealous of everyone who has an offer! I only have one test left 🙄🙁 and that's in April

You only need one place to say yes and I have every faith that someone will say yes! Keep the faith. :smile:
You only need one place to say yes and I have every faith that someone will say yes! Keep the faith. :smile:

Thank you 😊😊 I'm trying my best
Original post by Mia2205
Been offered Jan as well! Congrats everyone :smile:

Anything you can give to me as help for the interview?
Eg. Questions, tips, rough ideas of what to mention??
Reply 335

have you not heard anything back yet?
my interview was 17th march in the AM - i got my email off BCU at 5 to midnight and my UCAS updated at 430 this afternoon so still time the email i had did say UCAS could take up to tuesday to update and if it hasnt to contact admissions.

It really does only take 1 to say yes... i got no's from my other 4 choices its only because BCU have given me an unconditional offer but i only needed 1 to say so! dont give up hope there is still time!!
Original post by sam2990
have you not heard anything back yet?
my interview was 17th march in the AM - i got my email off BCU at 5 to midnight and my UCAS updated at 430 this afternoon so still time the email i had did say UCAS could take up to tuesday to update and if it hasnt to contact admissions.

It really does only take 1 to say yes... i got no's from my other 4 choices its only because BCU have given me an unconditional offer but i only needed 1 to say so! dont give up hope there is still time!!

No not yet, I tried to ring yesterday but I was too late I think because there was no answer! Hopefully I'll hear next week. I did send an email and it told me that I would get a copy of that email sent to me which I haven't even got yet so now I'm worried that my email is wrong or something is wrong with it hahah! But I'll just have to wait and see! Either way I have to hear something!
No not yet, I tried to ring yesterday but I was too late I think because there was no answer! Hopefully I'll hear next week. I did send an email and it told me that I would get a copy of that email sent to me which I haven't even got yet so now I'm worried that my email is wrong or something is wrong with it hahah! But I'll just have to wait and see! Either way I have to hear something!

If it helps I still haven't heard anything either! :frown:
Original post by jbowden98
If it helps I still haven't heard anything either! :frown:

Omg finally someone else! It's rubbish isn't it? ☹️☹️☹️☹️ :frown: When did you have your interview???
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 339
Original post by MiriamA
Anything you can give to me as help for the interview?
Eg. Questions, tips, rough ideas of what to mention??

They try to make the interview as stress free as possible, they just really want to know about you and your understanding of nursing

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending