The Student Room Group

RAF Help

Hi, i'm not sure if anybody on here would be able to help me but I have a keen interest to join the RAF, due to a big misunderstanding whilst on a night out I got arrested and put in a cell overnight. The next day the police had realised that I did not do anything wrong and I was released with a no further action. So my question is would this prevent me from trying to join the RAF?
Reply 1
Original post by Focused121
Hi, i'm not sure if anybody on here would be able to help me but I have a keen interest to join the RAF, due to a big misunderstanding whilst on a night out I got arrested and put in a cell overnight. The next day the police had realised that I did not do anything wrong and I was released with a no further action. So my question is would this prevent me from trying to join the RAF?

Almost certainly not. You were released nfa, without charge, so have no convictions to declare. You might need to mention if asked though.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by pjm600
Almost certainly not. You were released nfa, without charge, so have no convictions to declare. You might need to mention if asked though.

Thank you for the quick reply, that is a huge sigh of relief I guess i'm just going to have to go to a recruiter and see what they say, thank you again :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Focused121
Thank you for the quick reply, that is a huge sigh of relief I guess i'm just going to have to go to a recruiter and see what they say, thank you again :smile:

I wouldn't worry about it to be honest, but you might need to mention it if you're asked of any contact with the police.
Reply 4
If there was no further action, you have nothing to fear mate. Part of a successful recruitment process to the UK military will include vetting to SC at least. If you have no criminal record or any official sanction, I can't believe you have anything to worry about.

However, I'm intrigued, what was the 'misunderstanding' which saw you as an overnight guest of the Constabulary? Hope you got breakfast!
Reply 5
Original post by Ikaruss
If there was no further action, you have nothing to fear mate. Part of a successful recruitment process to the UK military will include vetting to SC at least. If you have no criminal record or any official sanction, I can't believe you have anything to worry about.

However, I'm intrigued, what was the 'misunderstanding' which saw you as an overnight guest of the Constabulary? Hope you got breakfast!

Thats good to hear hopefully my application will go okay then. Thank you for the great reply :smile:. Basically the police officer seemed to think that I caused some criminal damage I tried to explain that it was not me but he wasn't having any of it. Luckily for me there was some cctv that proved it was in fact not me who caused the damage. I did get offered some breakfast but I wasn't really feeling like having a lasagne at 8 oclock in the morning haha, I just stuck to having a bit of water to sober myself up :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest