The Student Room Group

2016 Medicine Rejection Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by thatcooldude2.0
For Cardiff right? My friend had an interview with 24 points I think

Yeah, sorry I meant to write Cardiff :oops: Ah okay, was that this year? There may be some hope yet then... thank you :biggrin:
Original post by RedNebula
Yeah, sorry I meant to write Cardiff :oops: Ah okay, was that this year? There may be some hope yet then... thank you :biggrin:

Yeah, I think her interview was in February this year. Good luck! :smile:
Original post by yoyo.sat
Are you gonna reapply next year? If so, Do you feel that you might get rejected again because of interview skills? Because that's how I feel, that's what I'm scared of. Especially since none of those damn universities would tell us what we did wrong!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I knew someone who got 4 post interview rejections and then got an offer the next year
Reply 223
To people that are currently on 3 rejection! Do not fear!! I had 3 rejections and was waiting for my final decision but was genuinely expecting a rejection since my interview went embarrassingly badly (3 interviewers rolled their eyes at me) but I luckily got an offer!

I just wish everyone the best of luck and don't worry if you have to take a gap year! I was already prepared for one and there are some amazing things that you can do!! good luck xx
Original post by JannaX
...interview went embarrassingly badly (3 interviewers rolled their eyes at me) but I luckily got an offer!

Success after eyerolling here too! Interviewer asked about resilience and I mentioned unwinding with teen fiction about demon hunters and vampires....said some sensible stuff too but I get too excited about Cassandra Clare novels.
Original post by Quilverine
Success after eyerolling here too! Interviewer asked about resilience and I mentioned unwinding with teen fiction about demon hunters and vampires....said some sensible stuff too but I get too excited about Cassandra Clare novels.

haha they can't judge you based on what you unwind doing though, they probably scored you highly seeing how passionate you were about it all!!
Yeah, I think her interview was in February this year. Good luck! :smile:

Thanks, you too! :smile: hope it all goes well

Posted from TSR Mobile

Omgg lol reading a Cassandra Clare novel rn (Lady Midnight) :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 228
Congrats! :smile: Where did you have offers from? How do you think your interviews went? I seem to be failing all my interviews for some reason.
PS. I see you're a fan of Grey's anatomy :wink:

Ha ha yes I'm a big Grey's fan :biggrin: Offers are from Dundee and Barts and waiting list for Glasgow.

My interviews were all very different my tip would be to be yourself, give authentic answers. At the first interview I think I was overthinking my answers (and was wait listed), by the second I had reached the conclusion that I would rather be rejected for being me than for giving the answers I thought they wanted to hear - and I had offers from interviews 2 and 3, I will never know the outcome of interview 4 as I withdrew. Don't give up - you know you can get the interviews, now work on your interview technique and try again next cycle!
(edited 8 years ago)
Omgg lol reading a Cassandra Clare novel rn (Lady Midnight) :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I came so close to failing first year anatomy because she was in London the day of the practical assessment :biggrin: managed to get all my books signed, speak to her and Sarah Rees Brennan (Maya from Fiction Alley if you have been a CC fan since her fanfic days) and got to the practical a few minutes before they closed (hedged my bets on being nearly last up because of my surname). I am way more responsible now. ( 10/10 Would do it again).
I came so close to failing first year anatomy because she was in London the day of the practical assessment :biggrin: managed to get all my books signed, speak to her and Sarah Rees Brennan (Maya from Fiction Alley if you have been a CC fan since her fanfic days) and got to the practical a few minutes before they closed (hedged my bets on being nearly last up because of my surname). I am way more responsible now. ( 10/10 Would do it again).

Loool you're so lucky you saw her tho!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Loool you're so lucky you saw her tho!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lady Mignight tour in 3 weeks!

http://www.cassandraclare.com/tour-dates/
(edited 8 years ago)

Omgg thank you!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Omg this is amazing!!
Original post by wanab
Ha ha yes I'm a big Grey's fan :biggrin: Offers are from Dundee and Barts and waiting list for Glasgow.

My interviews were all very different my tip would be to be yourself, give authentic answers. At the first interview I think I was overthinking my answers (and was wait listed), by the second I had reached the conclusion that I would rather be rejected for being me than for giving the answers I thought they wanted to hear - and I had offers from interviews 2 and 3, I will never know the outcome of interview 4 as I withdrew. Don't give up - you know you can get the interviews, now work on your interview technique and try again next cycle!

I'm a fan on Grey's anatomy too haha :tongue: Congrats on those offers! Which one is your first choice? I had a rejection from Barts unfortunately. It's a shame they don't give feedback tbh. How did you prepare for your interviews? :smile:
Reply 235
4 rejections lawls, deary me. Still, I guess it was worth a shot :biggrin:
Original post by Yammy
4 rejections lawls, deary me. Still, I guess it was worth a shot :biggrin:

aww I'm sorry, had the same when i applied as an undergrad, are you planning on reapplying?
Original post by vickie89uk
Where do you attend school?! Thank you

South Wales? Haha :smile:

No way! Who'd know I'd find someone else that talked about CC in their interview! My guy smirked at me but I got rejected from that uni... :/
Original post by Laurenk18
No way! Who'd know I'd find someone else that talked about CC in their interview! My guy smirked at me but I got rejected from that uni... :/

Hehe I have been her biggest fan since about chapter 2 of Draco Dormiens. I think I was about 14 when I found her on schnoogle. Wouldn't have been a genuine response if I didn't mention her! I did follow up by explaning I fully understand my mistakes as a doctor could kill someone and my resilience depends on how I debrief then detach when I get home. Didn't need to add that I best detach when I imagine I'm actually a shadow hunter. :wink:

I am sorry that it ended with a rejection. Any luck elsewhere?
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending