The Student Room Group

Men what makes you think a girl is "trashy"?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Legendary Quest
noo it makes me so uncomfortable! I always have to slyly take a few steps away from the person who's smoking :biggrin:
and the drugs lol that's definitely unattractive. And people who wear a shirt/jumper that's too small so you see their pot belly sticking out :zomg::yucky:

Hahaha, yeah but is it worse than smoking? (it actually is for me). It's definitely trashy when someone starts smoking next to you without permission like wtf air please.
Original post by MACmakeupgirl
A lot of the "cultured" girls I know sleep around and smoke and do drugs the most oddly (like left wing hipster types)

Education is power tho :thumbsup:

Couldn't agree more! Nothing better than education behind you to knock stupidity from others on the head.
Reply 82
Some of you guys are so pedantic, as long as you have self respect, don't act like a bitch and at least have a little intelligence, you aren't trashy.
I'd only say how someone behaves makes them trashy. So getting really drunk, fighting, spitting in public, excessive swearing.
Original post by whorace
Hahaha, yeah but is it worse than smoking? (it actually is for me). It's definitely trashy when someone starts smoking next to you without permission like wtf air please.

Smoking is worse if they're doing it close to me (like at a bus stop) :tongue: The horrible thing about the belly though is that once you see it, you are going to be mentally scarred for quite a while! :redface:
Reply 85
Original post by keturah
I'd only say how someone behaves makes them trashy. So getting really drunk, fighting, spitting in public, excessive swearing.

Agreed that behaviour is the most important thing, none of the things I have listed are really as bad as those or a definite indictation, at the end of the day basic manners triumph appearances. In my experience a lot of the things I have written lead to or are a result of a lack of these which is why I have listed them.
Original post by whorace
Agreed that behaviour is the most important thing, none of the things I have listed are really as bad as those or a definite indictation, at the end of the day basic manners triumph appearances. In my experience a lot of the things I have written lead to or are a result of a lack of these which is why I have listed them.

That's fair enough :smile:
I guess some people would say I was trashy because I wear revealing clothes sometimes, but I wouldn't say I acted trashy.
Reply 87
tattooed up
too much make up
swearing
revealing clothes
fake body parts
too many piercings
Original post by Shia Kafir
who said women live their lives according to what men want?

the fact that:

1) an entire thread was made asking the needs and desires (ergo the wants) of men when it comes to this particular area of life and

2) whenever a woman says that: 'i prefer 6.2ft, toned, 48-ab, Mediterranean guys with beards'; she is allowed to say whatever she likes as others would back her saying that, that is her preference; in like manner the same rules should be applied here. that is this guys (and some others) preference; take it or leave it. you can't change it. you just have to deal with it. whether you 'live according to it' or not; that is how it is.
no normal thinking, sane guy would like to wake up in the morning with a gollum (you know, because in the morning the makeup comes off and a gollum appears) and this is the thought process that goes through a guys mind when they look at women who cake it on. my point is, he is allowed to state his opinions and preferences and shouldn't be ridiculed as such or be bashed down because women 'don't live their lives according to what men want'.

but i will go back to the very first point i said. this thread was made in counter of your statement, as this is a female (OP) who wants to know what men want.
Original post by theDanIdentity
the fact that:

1) an entire thread was made asking the needs and desires (ergo the wants) of men when it comes to this particular area of life and

2) whenever a woman says that: 'i prefer 6.2ft, toned, 48-ab, Mediterranean guys with beards'; she is allowed to say whatever she likes as others would back her saying that, that is her preference; in like manner the same rules should be applied here. that is this guys (and some others) preference; take it or leave it. you can't change it. you just have to deal with it. whether you 'live according to it' or not; that is how it is.
no normal thinking, sane guy would like to wake up in the morning with a gollum (you know, because in the morning the makeup comes off and a gollum appears) and this is the thought process that goes through a guys mind when they look at women who cake it on. my point is, he is allowed to state his opinions and preferences and shouldn't be ridiculed as such or be bashed down because women 'don't live their lives according to what men want'.

but i will go back to the very first point i said. this thread was made in counter of your statement, as this is a female (OP) who wants to know what men want.

LMAO you are NOT a regular guy are you?
the fact that:

I asked in the OP what women considered trashy in guys too :thumbsup:
Original post by MACmakeupgirl
I asked in the OP what women considered trashy in guys too :thumbsup:

Trashy guys (IMO):
Are crude an loud, have no manners
Eat like pigs
Wear lots of bling
Have no ambition or drive
Have no interests or passion other than going to the pub to watch the match and grab a beer with their mates
Have bad hygiene
Why do people talk **** about girls based whether she dyes her hair or chooses to sleep with a lot of people? I think that people should be allowed to do what makes them happy without judgement if it's not hurting anyone else. It's fine to say that you think girls who wear a lot of makeup or have tattoos aren't attractive to you but I don't think you should make judgements on a person's personality based on how they look or what they wear!

Also, it is slut shaming to suggest that women who wear revealing clothes or sleep around have no self-respect or that they are 'trashy'. Slut shaming might not sound that harmful, but it is sometimes used to blame the victims of sexual assault, which is entirely unacceptable as it is never the victims fault.

I think you should do whatever makes you happy, so long as it isn't harming you or anyone else! :h:

OP all women

at least you tried.
Original post by Shia Kafir
OP all women

at least you tried.

I also asked what girls thought was trashy in guys :tongue:
Original post by Christie_xx
Why do people talk **** about girls based whether she dyes her hair or chooses to sleep with a lot of people? I think that people should be allowed to do what makes them happy without judgement if it's not hurting anyone else. It's fine to say that you think girls who wear a lot of makeup or have tattoos aren't attractive to you but I don't think you should make judgements on a person's personality based on how they look or what they wear!

Also, it is slut shaming to suggest that women who wear revealing clothes or sleep around have no self-respect or that they are 'trashy'. Slut shaming might not sound that harmful, but it is sometimes used to blame the victims of sexual assault, which is entirely unacceptable as it is never the victims fault.

I think you should do whatever makes you happy, so long as it isn't harming you or anyone else! :h:

Go back to tumblr pls
Original post by Christie_xx

I understand your point, I guess its just people being judgemental I mean we all do it. Usually, its about categorising people within society.
what about the belly button?
Original post by Anonymous
Hair
Open wrists
tattoos
piercings
nose
cleavage
short skirts
short shorts
ankles

:curious:
Original post by Tamil Tiger
Why do you think makeup makes someone flattering?

Guys don't really know what makeup looks like.Im certain most of the guys who say they don't like girls with makeup actually mean girls with 'Poor make up skills.

Taylor Swift with makeup
Attachment not found

Are you going to tell me the eyelashes, blush, a bit of highlighter & whatever else she's wearing doesn't bring out her features?.

Taylor Swift without makeup.
Attachment not found

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending