The Student Room Group

AS - AQA Product Design (3D-Design)

Hello,

For the benefit of my revision and perhaps to anyone else's, I have made a small but expanding blog for AS AQA Product Design. I thought posting a link for it here would be a good way to put the blog out there as there seems to be little resources for AQA Product Design on the internet.

pdaqa.wordpress.com

Any thoughts and feelings in terms to the content of the blog are encouraged so please feel free to get in touch: improving the blog is always important: the more minds the better.

Cheers and I hope to hear some thoughts!
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown:

Why not try posting in a specific subject forum- you might have more luck there.

Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses. :redface:

:h:
Reply 2
Hey, this could be really helpful! I was wondering if I could write some blogs for it too as it would help me, thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by AbbieL
Hey, this could be really helpful! I was wondering if I could write some blogs for it too as it would help me, thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hello! Yes this would be great! It's quite daunting looking at trying to break the content down into smaller chunks so yes please!
Omg following, had AQA PD in the title so yeah :h: hopefully will be useful x
OMG this looks so good!!! :eek: you are right, there aren't enough resources for PD so thank you!
Reply 5
Original post by FakieJakey
Hello! Yes this would be great! It's quite daunting looking at trying to break the content down into smaller chunks so yes please!

For such a small specification, there isn't half a lot of content to include I've found, which in my experience teachers don't tend to cover in enough detail

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
I'm really unsure. The one thing you should know is that I do not have a teacher for either the Coursework or Exam. On that basis I would say the exam would probably be better however, you can control the coursework element to a good grade I guess.

This is why I would love any input or criticism to the blog to keep all the information reliable and useful.
Reply 7
Original post by CoolCavy
Omg following, had AQA PD in the title so yeah :h: hopefully will be useful x
OMG this looks so good!!! :eek: you are right, there aren't enough resources for PD so thank you!

No problem, if you have any questions or ideas then let me know!
Reply 8
Original post by AbbieL
For such a small specification, there isn't half a lot of content to include I've found, which in my experience teachers don't tend to cover in enough detail

Posted from TSR Mobile

I can't say I know in terms of teachers, but at A-Level I guess it's up to us to get the detail :s-smilie:
Reply 9
Hey,, I'm doing a level PD next year. How is it? Is it hard? How much time do you have to put in for the cw? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by Oasis61
Hey,, I'm doing a level PD next year. How is it? Is it hard? How much time do you have to put in for the cw? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, not gunna lie it's a lot of work, my coursework took from September and I finished just recently. On average I was working on the actual product for 8 weeks of that, working around 8 hours a week on it. Then there's all the writing which I'd keep on top of even when your e manufacturing because you don't want too much to do at the end. It's a lot of fun but time consuming none the less. The theory side of the course is very content heavy with a lot of processes and material properties so you need to be working on them throughout the year too. The theory is much less fun but we've all got to do it!
I'd say that most schools tend to focus on CW up until the very end and don't do much theory, if yours does equal split like mine that's great but if not I'd consider learning the content beside it. It's not hard per say for either units, it's just content heavy and very time consuming, such a good course though, I love it! It takes the stress out of your other courses for sure. Hope this helps ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
Okay thank you!! What other courses are you doing? I'm doing Maths, Chemistry, Biology :smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by Oasis61
Okay thank you!! What other courses are you doing? I'm doing Maths, Chemistry, Biology :smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile

Physics and chemistry too! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
is there anything similar for aqa a2 3d design as i am doing both as and a2

thanks
Im retaking this exam. Hows everybody finding revision?
Woah i've been looking for this thread and i've finally found it!
Not many people have posted here though.
I can't believe the exam is next week D:
Does anybody know what might come up?
I got a feeling its gonna be metals and smart modern materials.
Reply 17
created an account just to keep up with this thread, 1 week to go any last tips
also thanks for the blog analysing past papers
Reply 18
Is this the official thread
Anyway what mark have you got for your coursework?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by T17MA
Is this the official thread
Anyway what mark have you got for your coursework?

Posted from TSR Mobile

What did you get?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending