The Student Room Group

Has anyone here been to Croydon?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by TheThiefOfBagdad
Dubstep emerged from Croydon in the late 90's/early 2000's and for that I'll be forever grateful!

See my point everyone? Croydon! is kewel

Spoiler

Awks when I live there :smile:
Live here.

Plus that picture makes croydon look a lot better than it actually is.
I go through those places you show every time I travel.
Reply 24
Yea been to Croydon like 3 years ago. My sister was doing an apprentiship there

Posted from TSR Mobile
Try living here.
Reply 26
I've lived there for about 10 years :facepalm:

Some parts are nice - more near the Bromley/Beckenham area and Shirley Hills side, but not a fan of the rest of it. West Croydon omg :afraid:
Original post by nucdev
I've lived there for about 10 years :facepalm:

Some parts are nice - more near the Bromley/Beckenham area and Shirley Hills side, but not a fan of the rest of it. West Croydon omg :afraid:

West Croydon is like bein in Sierra Leone
its actually great, I suppose its what you make out of it. Everything is basically at your door step.
Reply 29
Original post by Jimmy Seville
West Croydon is like bein in Sierra Leone

Naah pretty sure Sierra Leone is better :lol:

I would NOT want to spend a second longer than I had to in West Croydon.
Original post by Slutty Salati
It's a depressing concrete shithole like most of London

Original post by DiddyDec
I go there for work, it is a **** hole.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by JezWeCan!
I presume this thread is ironic.

Croydon is so $hit, it is a national laughing stock.

Guys, it's really not that bad. Crime has decreased a lot now and I actually feel quite safe there. There are loads of exciting new developments going on as well- better transport links, the new Westfield shopping centre and overall the place is a lot cleaner with some brand new buildings. Plus, not many towns can boast of having so many diverse shops, restaurants and places to go like Croydon can.

I think Croydon has a much brighter future ahead.
Original post by Trapz99
Guys, it's really not that bad. Crime has decreased a lot now and I actually feel quite safe there. There are loads of exciting new developments going on as well- better transport links, the new Westfield shopping centre and overall the place is a lot cleaner with some brand new buildings. Plus, not many towns can boast of having so many diverse shops, restaurants and places to go like Croydon can.

I never said it was bad for crime, London is extremely safe.

I don't particularly care for a place where the only things to do are go shopping or go to a bar, it's tedious.
Original post by Slutty Salati
I never said it was bad for crime, London is extremely safe.

I don't particularly care for a place where the only things to do are go shopping or go to a bar, it's tedious.

What else do you want to do? Towns don't have anything more than shops, restaurants, cinemas, theatres, parks and bars unless you live in some really posh place. Croydon has all of these.
Reply 33
Original post by Trapz99

Tell me that once you've been to West Croydon :laugh:
Original post by nucdev
Tell me that once you've been to West Croydon :laugh:

I go to West Croydon all the time- it's not bad at all, it's fine.

I live in South Croydon though so I'm not being biased.
Original post by Trapz99
What else do you want to do? Towns don't have anything more than shops, restaurants, cinemas, theatres, parks and bars unless you live in some really posh place. Croydon has all of these.

Forests, hiking, sailing, boat clubs, golf clubs (not that I play much) being able to walk down the street and seeing nice detached houses with neatly kept front gardens and pretty white wooden fences or fancy iron gates, rather than brb get up from your studio flat, piss away your money on the latest pop-up cafe which sells cereal for £3 per bowl.

London is so gaudy and classless, I vom everytime
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 36
Original post by Trapz99
I go to West Croydon all the time- it's not bad at all, it's fine.

I live in South Croydon though so I'm not being biased.

Lmao not bad?!

South Croydon is not bad (in fact I'd say it's OK), but West?
You gotta be off your rocker mate :lol:
Croydon quite big
lovley shops

nice place
Grew up there

Quick Reply

Latest