The Student Room Group

Way Muslims brought up causes terrorism?

Interesting article from someone I don't normally have much time for:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3507086/Why-no-one-admit-way-western-Muslims-raise-children-fomenting-terror.html

I don't have any deep first hand knowledge about the way Muslims are brought up in the west so can't comment on whether she is correct, myself. Although it seems plausible based on what I do know. .

Thoughts?

Scroll to see replies

Thought provoking read which shows we have to start interfering with the way these communities operate if we are going to be able to co exist

But it does show we have failed these people and we must do much much more
Inteeresting read, for sure :smile:

Keeping people cooped up and denying them human interaction isn't exactly a good upbringing, so there may well be something in this.
Reply 3
Original post by BaconandSauce
Thought provoking read which shows we have to start interfering with the way these communities operate if we are going to be able to co exist

But it does show we have failed these people and we must do much much more

Yes.

It is difficult though because no western society seems to have the answer to Muslim integration and assimilation. Multiculturalism, our model, with its celebration of diversity has clearly failed.

But across the Channel, the dirigiste, you must become French model has also produced alienation,marginalisation and terrorism.

As for the Belgian ignore them and hope they will go away approach, no more needs to be said.

This article argues many Muslims don't want to integrate. Maybe they can't? The culture is too different and incompatible with ours?
Original post by JezWeCan!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3507086/Why-no-one-admit-way-western-Muslims-raise-children-fomenting-terror.html

I don't have any deep first hand knowledge about the way Muslims are brought up in the west so can't comment on whether she is correct, myself. Although it seems plausible based on what I do know. .

Thoughts?

From what I know, Islam doesnt teach no where to kill civilians, these attacks that are happening on civilians is not Islam, Islam says that you can defend yourself phdically when being attacked as well as if someone comes to where you live, your land, and tries to kill you,you can fight and even kill them. Islam is a way of life for muslims.
Personally I think that there is a God, through long hours of searchin and exploring and Im not done yet, Im still exploring and I think there is a God and the Bible, Torah and Quran was brought down by God and the message was distorted or something, im not sure , im still learning

Posted from TSR Mobile
First DM article I totally agree with. She's spot on.
Original post by JezWeCan!

Thoughts?

Couldn't get past her usual, 'Western foreign policy causes terrorism' apologia in the third paragraph, sorry.

It does look like progress of a kind, though -- two consecutive, readable paragraphs from Alibhai-Brown is a definite improvement.
Original post by Truthseeker1
From what I know, Islam doesnt teach no where to kill civilians, these attacks that are happening on civilians is not Islam, Islam says that you can defend yourself phdically when being attacked as well as if someone comes to where you live, your land, and tries to kill you,you can fight and even kill them. Islam is a way of life for muslims.
Personally I think that there is a God, through long hours of searchin and exploring and Im not done yet, Im still exploring and I think there is a God and the Bible, Torah and Quran was brought down by God and the message was distorted or something, im not sure , im still learning

Posted from TSR Mobile

As a Muslim have you found it hard to grow up in the west? With sex outside marriage normal, homosexuality something to be proud of, women not covered up but wearing revealing clothing. etc etc?

Or do you feel that is for other people, not for you? An alien culture, which you don't want to be part of?

Or do you think you CAN be part of it, whilst remaining a practising, good Muslim?
Reply 8
I don't know what she's on about- I can't relate to this at all, nor do I know any Muslims this has happened to, so it must be a minority.
Original post by generallee
As a Muslim have you found it hard to grow up in the west? With sex outside marriage normal, homosexuality something to be proud of, women not covered up but wearing revealing clothing. etc etc?

Or do you feel that is for other people, not for you? An alien culture, which you don't want to be part of?

Or do you think you CAN be part of it, whilst remaining a practising, good Muslim?

Bro, as im a member of the west, it is normal as ive been born into this culture. But offcourse this conflicts with my religion. :frown: :/ :smile: .
The islam religion is for anyone , is what it says, the religion says its not for specific people or anything. Its basiclally dropping all your desires for something else.

Mate, all these things in the west , arent they fun? They are. Beautiful women not covered, who wouldnt want that? Having sex is a human desire, especially higher in men. Who wouldnt want to have sex. i go to college and there a range of beautiful girls there. Entertainment like movies are so great, I love the batman movies, i like any good action thriller movies.

Sir these things I do love.. But sir in the distance, beyond the sunset is Islam, this mysterious religion that existed since the 7th century. My practice of Islam right now is terrible, I havent prayed properly for a couple months, last year for moments of times I was practising, and sir the whole point of Islam is being the best way of life, the best way to live. It is so sweet when you are a muslim, the simpleness, the structure , you know what your doing in life, you know you must pray 5 times , pressure from your jobs is irrelevant you dont feel pressure. Your not praying to God because you have to but because you love him and he deserves your prayer. Offcourse i you dont believe in God, il sound like im talking baloney. But it is a very sweet way of life. A link I can recommend to you is :
https://youtu.be/Js6MvSmnbmU

These are great man I believe, he has that free mind that he loves God. And there are mamy other great men, who gave up their life to help the poor , gave all their money, food to others. Not out of force at all.
Also : https://youtu.be/_-z1bP0RaAY
This made me cry. :'(
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HAnwar
I don't know what she's on about- I can't relate to this at all, nor do I know any Muslims this has happened to, so it must be a minority.

Just because it has not happened to you or your acquaintances does not mean it's in the minority.
Original post by Truthseeker1
Bro, as im a member of the west, it is normal as ive been born into this culture. But offcourse this conflicts with my religion. :frown: :/ :smile: .
The islam religion is for anyone , is what it says, the religion says its not for specific people or anything. Its basiclally dropping all your desires for something else.

Mate, all these things in the west , arent they fun? They are. Beautiful women not covered, who wouldnt want that? Having sex is a human desire, especially higher in men. Who wouldnt want to have sex. i go to college and there a range of beautiful girls there. Entertainment like movies are so great, I love the batman movies, i like any good action thriller movies.

Sir these things I do love.. But sir in the distance, beyond the sunset is Islam, this mysterious religion that existed since the 7th century. My practice of Islam right now is terrible, I havent prayed properly for a couple months, last year for moments of times I was practising, and sir the whole point of Islam is being the best way of life, the best way to live. It is so sweet when you are a muslim, the simpleness, the structure , you know what your doing in life, you know you must pray 5 times , pressure from your jobs is irrelevant you dont feel pressure. Your not praying to God because you have to but because you love him and he deserves your prayer. Offcourse i you dont believe in God, il sound like im talking baloney. But it is a very sweet way of life. A link I can recommend to you is :
https://youtu.be/Js6MvSmnbmU

These are great man I believe, he has that free mind that he loves God. And there are mamy other great men, who gave up their life to help the poor , gave all their money, food to others. Not out of force at all.
Also : https://youtu.be/_-z1bP0RaAY
This made me cry. :'(
Posted from TSR Mobile

You aren't a member of the west. That was my point, and your post only confirms it.

To be western you have to lose your Islamic culture. You don't want to do that (and that is fair enough, I don't necessarily blame you) but it means you will never belong.

You are caught in the middle.
Reply 12
Original post by Aceadria
Just because it has not happened to you or your acquaintances does not mean it's in the minority.

Nor have I heard about it.
How many Muslims has this happened to then overall?
You aren't a member of the west. That was my point, and your post only confirms it.

To be western you have to lose your Islamic culture. You don't want to do that (and that is fair enough, I don't necessarily blame you) but it means you will never belong.

What lol?
Reply 14
Good article.

You have to lose your Islamic culture to be western? What idiocy. Islam has 'been in the west' since 700 AD.
Lol absolute bs

There is such a thing as being a member of the West. Where do you sign up? What is being Western?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by teenhorrorstory
Lol absolute bs

So it's their religion rather than their upbringing which causes the terrorism?
[QUOTE=MildredMalone;63639707]So it's their religion rather than their upbringing which causes the terrorism?

Very simplistic to make a conclusion either way.
I am doubtful of the article because I know a large number of Muslim teenagers,my school has a Muslim majority and so my friends are mainly Muslims. The article is making it seem like Muslim kids don't have a life and are deprived of normal social interactions. This couldn't be further from the truth. The Muslims I know are allowed out,many have boyfriends or girlfriends, interact with whoever etc.. only a minority of them fit the description of what's in the article. Even the kids that don't have much freedom at home, they find a way to exercise this elsewhere and get around the boundaries which their parents set. Believe it or not, Muslim teenagers really aren't that different to others.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending