The Student Room Group

Help Out of MONEY and in HUGE DEBT

Basically my family is in huge debt and my dad is being lazy and not doing much about it, he just keeps playing candy crush all the time on his computer, he also spends way too much on anything and everything, he buys to much unnecessary things :/ which of course doesn't help. My mom is super stressed about everything and the fact we have no money left, i.e. they might have to pull me out of boarding school next year. The situation at home is horrible and although it looks as if our house is ok we have no money. My dad abuses pretty much everyone in the house besides the cousin i have who's decided to come or here, at one time or another.(not physical just lots of loud shouting) My mum gets the worst with my dad and her getting into arguments 24/7. of course my dad's always wrong from everything i hear from my mum. I have no reason to believe my mum's lying otherwise she wouldn't be an emotional wreck.

All in all is there anything i can do to get some huge financial help without having to pay back a loan of some sort?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Sounds like your dad isn't taking well to the financial stress he is under. An intervention of sorts might be necessary. Try cut any unnecessary spending, shop at a cheaper place, and stick to essentials. If you are getting harrassed by the repayment companies for what your owe them then I suggest trying to work out a plan, pay a certain amount each week, and getting in touch with some free debt help services and possibly even the Citizen's Advice Bureau.

Hope things work out. It is incredibly stressful being a kid in a home in financial pressure.
Reply 2
Why do you need HUGE financial support? Wouldn't you be satisfied with something that can just cover 'enough'?

Note to self; don't play candy crush.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Swanbow
Sounds like your dad isn't taking well to the financial stress he is under. An intervention of sorts might be necessary. Try cut any unnecessary spending, shop at a cheaper place, and stick to essentials. If you are getting harrassed by the repayment companies for what your owe them then I suggest trying to work out a plan, pay a certain amount each week, and getting in touch with some free debt help services and possibly even the Citizen's Advice Bureau.

Hope things work out. It is incredibly stressful being a kid in a home in financial pressure.

DUDE he's f**king playing candy crush and watching flims as he pleases he doesn't give a f**k about earning more money, he lazy af.
he won't you can't persuade him either you can be right but that doesn't change anything because it's basically an autocracy he holds in the house where what he does and says goes.
I don't think we are but thing is no money :/, we're at pretty much rock bottom

Original post by Impressive
Why do you need HUGE financial support? Wouldn't you be satisfied with something that can just cover 'enough'?

Note to self; don't play candy crush.

Posted from TSR Mobile

i think the definition of enough here is about a few million pounds
yea i hate the game can't stand it xD
If you're really fat you can do web camming, where guys pay you to eat food.
I would think in your situation its really up to your dad to take control of his situation and get his finances in order. It may be as you say you have no income, but he could potentially remortgage the house to release some equity. I have a feeling you dont know the full extent of his debts and so the situation may be more fragile and he is prevented from raising capital. It may be they cnat pay the school fees and you do indeed have to be withdrawn. The only thing I cna think of is the school may have bursaries or scholarships and you could explore the chance they might reduce fees. You might wnat to discuss this with your mum.

Im sure they wouldnt withdraw you except as a last resort, but as your family is facing a very difficult time, then on what youve said its a possibiliy. If it were me I would plan for it happening sio I knew what to do if it did and it causes minimum dispruption. You dont say what year you are in. i'd be tempted to talk to a teacher i could trust about your concerns and take their guidance so that if you did have to leave you left with enough texts and work you could survive on your own for a while.

If yu are unsure then ring childline to chat in confidence with a counselor.

Need to talk?
Contact ChildLine anytime - calls are free and confidential

https://www.childline.org.uk/Pages/Home.aspx
Reply 6
Original post by thefatone
i think the definition of enough here is about a few million pounds
yea i hate the game can't stand it xD

Why do you need money when mentioning your father's laziness, I don't think it would solve anything, except him having additional diamonds in game.

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by GettingitDone
If you're really fat you can do web camming, where guys pay you to eat food.

wat i didn't know this kind of thing existed.... well after all that weight i lost :/

Original post by 999tigger
I would think in your situation its really up to your dad to take control of his situation and get his finances in order. It may be as you say you have no income, but he could potentially remortgage the house to release some equity. I have a feeling you dont know the full extent of his debts and so the situation may be more fragile and he is prevented from raising capital. It may be they cnat pay the school fees and you do indeed have to be withdrawn. The only thing I cna think of is the school may have bursaries or scholarships and you could explore the chance they might reduce fees. You might wnat to discuss this with your mum.

Im sure they wouldnt withdraw you except as a last resort, but as your family is facing a very difficult time, then on what youve said its a possibiliy. If it were me I would plan for it happening sio I knew what to do if it did and it causes minimum dispruption. You dont say what year you are in. i'd be tempted to talk to a teacher i could trust about your concerns and take their guidance so that if you did have to leave you left with enough texts and work you could survive on your own for a while.

If yu are unsure then ring childline to chat in confidence with a counselor.

Need to talk?
Contact ChildLine anytime - calls are free and confidential

https://www.childline.org.uk/Pages/Home.aspx

he won't
this is a last resort
i'm in lower 6th
wat i didn't know this kind of thing existed.... well after all that weight i lost :/

There are women who make a living doing it !!

he won't
this is a last resort
i'm in lower 6th

Everything stands then, hes not going to do anything you cant afford to pay and you will be withdrawn. Start planning for it,
Reply 10
There are women who make a living doing it !!

ok seriously?

Original post by 999tigger
Everything stands then, hes not going to do anything you cant afford to pay and you will be withdrawn. Start planning for it,

what do i do? all this as year wasted doing nothing with my life basically, my gcse's r turd what can i do? i might get a job at Mcdonalds?
ok seriously?

Yes ! You literally just sit fully clothed or however you want and eat....
Reply 12
Yes ! You literally just sit fully clothed or however you want and eat....

wat i'm sure no-one will watch
wat i'm sure no-one will watch

Id pay you £20 to eat a KFC bucket without licking your lips.

Looks like I'm off TSR earlier today.

Good night.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Why do you need money when mentioning your father's laziness, I don't think it would solve anything, except him having additional diamonds in game.

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile

well it's for my brother and I's fees for school, so technically it's us who really need the money but someone needs to earn it first.
Reply 16

that's not difficult, willpower is all you need, i got plenty of that
Looks like I'm off TSR earlier today.

Good night.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How about £5 for you if you can eat 4 doughnuts without licking your lips or fingers.
Why do you need HUGE financial support? Wouldn't you be satisfied with something that can just cover 'enough'?Note to self; don't play candy crush.Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey now, let's not blame all this on candy crush - I am happy to report that I am on level 1124 and my family are not in debt... Yet :wink:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 19
Cut down expenditure
Budget finances properly
Discuss loans to make a better deal
Find a source of income
Ask your school or government about funding measures

Tell your dad to get off his lazy incompetent ass before he ruins everything.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending