The Student Room Group

My ex just contacted me...

I opened FB and I saw a message from her. I blocked her, so I don't know how she managed to.

We haven't spoken for almost a year.

The break up was pretty rough and after maybe 2 weeks following it we had a little too and fro of texts and then we haven't spoken for 11 months.

It's like a drop of bricks have fallen on to me... I really hadn't expected it at all.

She's asking for "advice" for her trip... come on, 11 months of nothing, of moving on from eachother and she decides to contact me of all people?

Is it just curiosity?
Original post by Dodgypirate
I opened FB and I saw a message from her. I blocked her, so I don't know how she managed to.

We haven't spoken for almost a year.

The break up was pretty rough and after maybe 2 weeks following it we had a little too and fro of texts and then we haven't spoken for 11 months.

It's like a drop of bricks have fallen on to me... I really hadn't expected it at all.

She's asking for "advice" for her trip... come on, 11 months of nothing, of moving on from eachother and she decides to contact me of all people?

Is it just curiosity?

are you sure you blocked her? :frown:

ignore her IMHO :yep:
She is probably feeling lonely and misses the attention you once gave her. It's completely up to you whether you humour it or not, do what you feel is best.
Reply 3
Original post by MACmakeupgirl
are you sure you blocked her? :frown:

ignore her IMHO :yep:

I'm quite positive... soon after our last set of texts, so like 2 weeks following the break up.

I'm just astounded that she has.

Have you any guess why she might of?
How do you feel. Well done for the long break.
+1 for ignore until you are ready , especially if you have moved on.
I'm quite positive... soon after our last set of texts, so like 2 weeks following the break up.

I'm just astounded that she has.

Have you any guess why she might of?

maybe to try to get back together.. my ex of 3 years did that :lol:
Reply 6
maybe to try to get back together.. my ex of 3 years did that :lol:

Did he dump you?
Reply 7
Original post by 999tigger
How do you feel. Well done for the long break.
+1 for ignore until you are ready , especially if you have moved on.

Cheers man. I've been in a decent place mentally and emotionally. I'm interested in a girl at University... so... but still it really does surprise me.

She messages me after so long just to ask how I was and if I can give her advice?

She could easily have searched up advice herself... I think it's to at least open conversation, wouldn't you?
Did he dump you?

No I dumped him :lol:
I was thinking about this scenario a few days ago - broke up with my ex of 2 years nearly a year ago, with her blocking me; wouldn't really know how to respond tbh - only started properly moving on a couple months ago. As others have said, ignore unless you are fully certain that you have moved on
Original post by Lime-man
She is probably feeling lonely and misses the attention you once gave her. It's completely up to you whether you humour it or not, do what you feel is best.

Could very well be.

Fact is that she's sort of opening conversation... whatever for.

I absentmindedly opened the message, however since I haven't "accepted" it she won't have known I've opened it.

Funny thing is that she sent it on the 2nd February!
Cheers man. I've been in a decent place mentally and emotionally. I'm interested in a girl at University... so... but still it really does surprise me.

She messages me after so long just to ask how I was and if I can give her advice?

She could easily have searched up advice herself... I think it's to at least open conversation, wouldn't you?
yes, but if you are in a good place, then just conveniently ignore it.

Alternatively if you have to then send her an advice and cut it at that. Just move on if thats what you want.
No I dumped him :lol:

Yeah, well my ex dumped me... well it seemed mutual at the time, but she definitely had been thinking of ending it.

She's the one contacting me lol
She probably has a new account.

I have definitely messaged ex gfs when drunk :facepalm2:
Yeah, well my ex dumped me... well it seemed mutual at the time, but she definitely had been thinking of ending it.

She's the one contacting me lol

My ex did the same thing a couple weeks ago. I posted and got the same responses. I had always replied before but this time I ignored it and best feeling ever. Honestly feel so free.
Original post by ByronicHero
She probably has a new account.

I have definitely messaged ex gfs when drunk :facepalm2:

Yeah, we've all been there lol.

I dumped my first GF and contacted her when I was abroad to have sex when I was drunk.... awks.
Reply 16
When it cms to females i jus fuk n forget em... Standard procedures

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest