The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by NathanW18
You're right. They are. It seems like the chance of a black guy being accepted by their family is low, though.

But wouldn't South Asian people be consider "coloured" people. So why so much racism at black people?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by supercrazy
But wouldn't South Asian people be consider "coloured" people. So why so much racism at black people?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wouldn't use the term coloured.

I don't know the answer to your question, though. Not to say black people are always accepting of every race. It's not always going to be the case, but I think they (well, we) are more accepting than south asians of other races.
Reply 82
I wouldn't use the term coloured.

I don't know the answer to your question, though. Not to say black people are always accepting of every race. It's not always going to be the case, but I think they (well, we) are more accepting than south asians of other races.

Ummm I see. Thanks doe

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 83
As with any race, you have some very attractive south Asian girls.

I'm currently dating an Indian girl (I am black) . It's lasted over 2 years. She told her mum a white lie that I had only just asked her out and her mum freaked out as if I was some kind monster and told her to say no and stay away from me. It's sickening. Her parents are still unaware of me, but I have recently met her cousins and they accept me with open arms. The hope is that working as a team her and her cousins can gradually wear her parents down, although if this does not work (and tbh I am pretty sure it won't) we're going to have to just wait till she can move out.

That being said, my cousin is happily married with kids to his Indian gf and her family welcomed him, so not all of them hold backward views although a significant number do.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes they are coloured, but they hate people darker than them. It's all in the history of South Asia.
The Indo Aryans were a white people and came from West Asia (Iran/Armenia) and invaded, the natives of India were dark people genetically related to the Aborigines of Australia. Race mixing was not allowed but for one reason or another but over thousands of years, majority of Asians are now 50 shades of brown.
So yeah, the Indo Aryans won against the dark people and made them feel inferior. Anyone dark skinned is always seen as inferior.

There's your mini history lesson :biggrin:
Reply 85
Original post by Eternalflames
Yes they are coloured, but they hate people darker than them. It's all in the history of South Asia.
The Indo Aryans were a white people and came from West Asia (Iran/Armenia) and invaded, the natives of India were dark people genetically related to the Aborigines of Australia. Race mixing was not allowed but for one reason or another but over thousands of years, majority of Asians are now 50 shades of brown.
So yeah, the Indo Aryans won against the dark people and made them feel inferior. Anyone dark skinned is always seen as inferior.

There's your mini history lesson :biggrin:

Dam I feel so smart. Tbh it doesn't make sense how hey can hate some darker than them. That's like me hating on another black guy just because he is a darker shade of black.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Most won't be allowed to date you.
Reply 87
Original post by STLJA

I'm currently dating an Indian girl (I am black) . It's lasted over 2 years. She told her mum a white lie that I had only just asked her out and her mum freaked out as if I was some kind monster and told her to say no and stay away from me. It's sickening. Her parents are still unaware of me, but I have recently met her cousins and they accept me with open arms. The hope is that working as a team her and her cousins can gradually wear her parents down, although if this does not work (and tbh I am pretty sure it won't) we're going to have to just wait till she can move out.

That being said, my cousin is happily married with kids to his Indian gf and her family welcomed him, so not all of them hold backward views although a significant number do.

Are you still with her? That quite horrible the way she reacted. I just hope our generation are more open minded than their parents.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 88
Original post by STLJA

But we all know only white people can be racist

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by STLJA

I would NEVER stay in a relationship with someone's parents that aren't willing to accept me just because I am black.
I have no idea how you are doing it...
Reply 90
Are you still with her? That quite horrible the way she reacted. I just hope our generation are more open minded than their parents.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yhh we're still together. I think most 3rd generation Asians are ok with it tbh. It's just the old generation that are stuck in their ways.
We have a 5 page long thread about South Asian girls being hot...

... and still no napalm joke?
Dam I feel so smart. Tbh it doesn't make sense how hey can hate some darker than them. That's like me hating on another black guy just because he is a darker shade of black.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm pretty sure that's exactly why the light skin vs dark skin thing happened in African-American communities, they do feel a difference.
And that small difference is enough for them to feel superior over those darker than them.
Reply 93
Original post by loveleest
I would NEVER stay in a relationship with someone's parents that aren't willing to accept me just because I am black.
I have no idea how you are doing it...

Tbh it's really tough and very depressing, but she's worth it. As I say when she can move out them her parents won't have any say in what she does.I would like to be accepted but if they don't then they can go f*ck themselves as far as I'm concerned because I know I'm a good person.
Original post by Hydeman
This isn't strictly true when it comes to South Asian parents, although individual people of our generation might not see it as an issue themselves. :beard:

Oh of course! South Asian parents are on the other level! :colonhash: But I was actually speaking on my behalf and many other South Asians of our generation who don't care about race.:h:
I'm a south asian guy

and I like all types of girls :smile:
You're right. They are. It seems like the chance of a black guy being accepted by their family is low, though.

^ tbf it's up to our generation to stand up to racial segregation. but then again, depends of what they believe too at the end of the day. can't enforce an agenda either way, people will still think with their subconcious.

spoke to one girl i liked and i could see she liked me, but she told me her parents would never approve because of my skin colour idk.. rather upsetting really

does make you feel quite low.. lmao inb4 beta feelings
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 97
Original post by gr8wizard10
^ tbf it's up to our generation to stand up to racial segregation. but then again, depends of what they believe too at the end of the day. can't enforce an agenda either way, people will still think with their subconcious.

spoke to one girl i liked and i could see she liked me, but she told me her parents would never approve because of my skin colour idk.. rather upsetting really

does make you feel quite low.. lmao inb4 beta feelings

that is rather irritating
the older generation need to get out of this mindset
i feel like the next generation though this attitude will probs be less prevalent
Where u from if u don't mind me asking and where was the girl from?
I feel you bro. I'm also black and I absolutely adore south asian girls, however I get the feeling it'll be pretty hard to find a south asian girl interested in a black guy :/
Original post by MevMev
that is rather irritating
the older generation need to get out of this mindset
i feel like the next generation though this attitude will probs be less prevalent
Where u from if u don't mind me asking and where was the girl from?

Zanzibar/Oman.. & south Asian (not sure where it never exactly crossed my mind that it significantly mattered at the time)

Latest

Trending

Trending