The Student Room Group

Very confused about a guy???? Help :(

There's this guy who has shown me strange signs for almost a year now. In September he kept sitting with me (just me and him) in all my free periods, but at first not talking ( shy perhaps..) but then he started getting chattier with me. We then added each other on social networks, but it was always me who would like posts, and we never really spoke online. But he kept staring at me in class, gave me several car lifts, he tried to sit next to me whenever possible, staring at me during every class, and lingering around in the room to walk out with just me down the corridor. And then one day I thought he had doodled his name on my folder but I'm still unsure about that. He would compliment me too in front of everyone and say to the teacher that I'm really clever, or a really nice person. One day he wanted to share a book with me, rather than just use his own. And every lunchtime he all of a sudden seemed to be wherever I was, and started listening to the same music as me, possibly on purpose.

Then we had a strange time in January where we kinda stopped talking, we stopped sitting together, and everything sorta faded out, for no valid reason. He then wrote on some paper one day "what's going on??" ( not to me personally he just wrote it)

But recently he's starting talking to me again, and keeps looking at me. He's been asking me strange questions like homework questions/ answers that he had in front of him but "just wanted to double check with me.." He also asked me which building we were in for next period, when he had already put his bag in there, so he already knew the answer to the question. I really don't know what to do anymore or what to think? I thought we had something and then I gave up, but now I'm beginning to wonder if he still likes me..Anyone suggest anything??

Scroll to see replies

If you like him, ask him out.

Did you mean for your last reply to not be anonymous?
Reply 2
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
If you like him, ask him out.

Did you mean for your last reply to not be anonymous?

But I'm worried incase he'll reject me, do you think he likes me despite his weird January behaviour?
And no haha I wanted anonymous :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
But I'm worried incase he'll reject me, do you think he likes me despite his weird January behaviour?

If he is asking you stuff like that he probably doesn't have a lot to talk about with you but just likes you and wants to talk.

I think he might well like you. There's only one foolproof way to find out.
Reply 5
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
I think he might well like you. There's only one foolproof way to find out.

Yeah that's true, just feel like I'll need to rebuild our relationship a bit first :/
Reply 6
Original post by GettingitDone
Honestly it is. Dating isn't complicated unless you make it.

1) Meet up
2) Do an activty together, food or cinema or yoga or walking
3) Get drinks
4) Go to your house
5) Sex
6) Repeat.

The problem is we have both kinda made it complicates for no reason :frown:
The problem is we have both kinda made it complicates for no reason :frown:

Well then it's upto you to take the lead.
Reply 8
He's shy. Ask him out for a coffee. Cut to 20 years from now and you'll probably have two daughters together heading to uni..
Reply 9
Original post by Zarek
He's shy. Ask him out for a coffee. Cut to 20 years from now and you'll probably have two daughters together heading to uni..

Haha aw okay I hope so! :smile: do you think he likes me then despite his off behaviour? :smile:
There's this guy who has shown me strange signs for almost a year now. In September he kept sitting with me (just me and him) in all my free periods, but at first not talking ( shy perhaps..) but then he started getting chattier with me. We then added each other on social networks, but it was always me who would like posts, and we never really spoke online. But he kept staring at me in class, gave me several car lifts, he tried to sit next to me whenever possible, staring at me during every class, and lingering around in the room to walk out with just me down the corridor. And then one day I thought he had doodled his name on my folder but I'm still unsure about that. He would compliment me too in front of everyone and say to the teacher that I'm really clever, or a really nice person. One day he wanted to share a book with me, rather than just use his own. And every lunchtime he all of a sudden seemed to be wherever I was, and started listening to the same music as me, possibly on purpose.

Then we had a strange time in January where we kinda stopped talking, we stopped sitting together, and everything sorta faded out, for no valid reason. He then wrote on some paper one day "what's going on??" ( not to me personally he just wrote it)

But recently he's starting talking to me again, and keeps looking at me. He's been asking me strange questions like homework questions/ answers that he had in front of him but "just wanted to double check with me.." He also asked me which building we were in for next period, when he had already put his bag in there, so he already knew the answer to the question. I really don't know what to do anymore or what to think? I thought we had something and then I gave up, but now I'm beginning to wonder if he still likes me..Anyone suggest anything??

He most definitely likes you however it sounds as though he's not confident enough to ask you out so you should message him or ask him out x
Reply 11
Haha aw okay I hope so! :smile: do you think he likes me then despite his off behaviour? :smile:

Go for it, and see. Good luck.

This guy is OBSESSED with you, if you like him back tell him!
Go on a date. Shag, Done.

Honestly it is. Dating isn't complicated unless you make it.

1) Meet up
2) Do an activty together, food or cinema or yoga or walking
3) Get drinks
4) Go to your house
5) Sex
6) Repeat.

Will he come back to repeat or will he not want a relationship cause a girl gave him sex too early ?
Original post by Shiv Loves Maths
This guy is OBSESSED with you, if you like him back tell him!

omg i hope so! why do you think he was being off with me in like january feburary? :s-smilie: i really really like him, and so i keep liking his photos on social networks so that he gets the point, but he never likes mine back?? but he likes other girls and peoples photos so idk
Original post by charlottealice24
He most definitely likes you however it sounds as though he's not confident enough to ask you out so you should message him or ask him out x

i hope he does!! i messaged him a few months ago about some " homework" and he said that he didnt have any data left so told me what time he could help me, which was cute, but then never text me again at that time? so maybe he forgot or maybe he was waiting for me to message again..
omg i hope so! why do you think he was being off with me in like january feburary? :s-smilie: i really really like him, and so i keep liking his photos on social networks so that he gets the point, but he never likes mine back?? but he likes other girls and peoples photos so idk

Maybe he feels like you don't like him back. You should be more direct. You both like each other. Are you giving enough attention to him? Do you act like your interested? If not it probably explains why he's acting differently. :smile:
Original post by Shiv Loves Maths
Maybe he feels like you don't like him back. You should be more direct. You both like each other. Are you giving enough attention to him? Do you act like your interested? If not it probably explains why he's acting differently. :smile:

yeah thats true i need to be :smile: well basically from october-early january we were both very flirty with each other in class etc, but in like january/feb he started being off with me, and one day he didnt sit with me in my frees, so then i felt upset as he had done for weeks before, and he had blatantly seen me. he was basically trying to ignore me, but maybe he was trying to just ignore that fact that he liked me?? And then he kept sighing in class when he was near me? this may have just been a coincidence and i he think maybe he had other problems going on at this time.. but now he seems to be a bit back to his old self, and i did act like i was from oct-jan but in feb i was like why is he being like this with me, so i kinda thought everything was lost. But maybe not as hes starting asking me random questions like i said above like about our classroom and stuff when he knows the answer already? do you think thats a sign that he wants an excuse to talk to me?

i keep liking his things on social networks too so i hope he does get the message clearer now, but the problem is we're from different social worlds haha. hes like a really popular guy, really good looking. And i'm like no where near as popular as him, so maybe he doesn't wanna be seen with me? but he always tries to sit with me in class and helps me if im stuck on a question, and he spoke to me last week when his best friend, who is also very popular was there...

sorry for the massive para! :smile:
That is the most autistic way to show someone you're interested in them I've ever heard.
Original post by SentryE3D
That is the most autistic way to show someone you're interested in them I've ever heard.

Not really. It's an additional way.. along with all the other flirting that has been occuring for months. how would you, show someone you're interested??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending