The Student Room Group

All my friends betrayed me?

In my opinion, all my friends have betrayed me. Basically I broke up with girlfriend on a Monday, took a few days to sort my head out and then told my 'friends' on the Friday. That Friday night we went out to a club and she was there. It turns out that one of my the members of my 'squad' made out with my ex gf. Others went out of their way to turn me away so I did not see. Others saw/found out but did not tell me.

What do I do?

Scroll to see replies

Why do you care? She's your ex.
she's not yours any more
let it be
move on
Reply 3
Original post by Lime-man
Why do you care? She's your ex.

Original post by Anonymous
she's not yours any more
let it be
move on

It was a few days after we broke up. Bro code?
Reply 4

And HOURS after they found out. That's not ok
Reply 5
Get them all together. Shout at him and tell the guy who kissed her you never want to see him again, this will scare the cowards who didn't tell you, make a note of the ones who led you away they're the closes things you have to friends

Are you 12? There's no bro code. Once you're single you're free for the takings.
Reply 7
Are you 12? There's no bro code. Once you're single you're free for the takings.

Your 'friends' are trash
Original post by whorace
Your 'friends' are trash

Are you being serious? I don't own my girlfriend, I especially don't own my ex's, if we're together I do expect some faithfulness but otherwise, nah, go have at it.
Reply 9
Are you being serious? I don't own my girlfriend, I especially don't own my ex's, if we're together I do expect some faithfulness but otherwise, nah, go have at it.

You have the audacity to say he is 12? You've clearly never had a serious relationship, this is a betrayal of the highest order.
Original post by whorace
You have the audacity to say he is 12? You've clearly never had a serious relationship, this is a betrayal of the highest order.

I really don't see how it's a betrayal at all, it's not as if they were married, and she obviously wasn't that into the relationship if she could move on so quickly.

My problem isn't with my ex gf. After we broke up yes she is technically free to do whatever (although being so ready a few days later did surprise me). My problem is with my so called friends
Reply 12
I really don't see how it's a betrayal at all, it's not as if they were married, and she obviously wasn't that into the relationship if she could move on so quickly.

Kissing someone does not mean they have moved on, and in most conditions kissing someone so quickly is usually used to spite the other person and say 'look how much you don't mean to me'. It's betrayal because his friends know how uncomfortable he would be with it, look at the way they moved him, if it's ok why would they do it. Personally i'd cut every single one of their heads off but given the laws I would settle for cutting them out of my life.

Throughout our relationship she claimed to be very into me (many times she said 'so in love' etc.). Of course, this does seem like a lie. But as I have mentioned my issue is not with her. It is with the people who were supposed to have my back - my 'friends'
Reply 14
Throughout our relationship she claimed to be very into me (many times she said 'so in love' etc.). Of course, this does seem like a lie. But as I have mentioned my issue is not with her. It is with the people who were supposed to have my back - my 'friends'

It's easy to open your mouth, especially when you are hurt and drunk, relationships are much deeper than a kiss and even if she has kissed someone, or even slept with someone it means nothing really. It means she's good at using other people due to bad discipline I suppose.
Original post by whorace
It's easy to open your mouth, especially when you are hurt and drunk, relationships are much deeper than a kiss and even if she has kissed someone, or even slept with someone it means nothing really. It means she's good at using other people due to bad discipline I suppose.

Bad discipline?

She wanted to kiss someone, OPs mate wanted to kiss someone too, they wanted to kiss eachother, and they did. So what? It's a kiss for pete's sake, it wasn't like they were screwing upstairs and OP could hear them (if that were the case, then I'd have some sympathy).
Your 'friends' are dicks basically. I'd be really pissed.
Reply 17
Bad discipline?

She wanted to kiss someone, OPs mate wanted to kiss someone too, they wanted to kiss eachother, and they did. So what? It's a kiss for pete's sake, it wasn't like they were screwing upstairs and OP could hear them (if that were the case, then I'd have some sympathy).

Yes bad discipline. Kissing someone out of spite, hurt or maybe she had moved on in which case fine, but with his friend? It's distasteful, maybe I just have higher standards of behaviour, it's not even like i'm a prude, if a woman wants to kiss a guy fine but this is not just a woman and a man, it's an ex and a 'friend'.
Original post by whorace
Yes bad discipline. Kissing someone out of spite, hurt or maybe she had moved on in which case fine, but with his friend? It's distasteful, maybe I just have higher standards of behaviour, it's not even like i'm a prude, if a woman wants to kiss a guy fine but this is not just a woman and a man, it's an ex and a friend.

Or maybe she just wanted to kiss someone, not everything a woman does is based on a man, she wanted to kiss this guy and he wanted to kiss her, it's just a kiss. In some cases I can be a prude, but what's between two willing, constenting people is between them, it may hurt to see his ex move on so quickly, and if he feels bad about then he should talk to his mate and say "look, it really wasn't great seeing you kiss my ex, I'm not saying hands off or anything, but it would have been nice to have a heads up".

Like I was with my mate the other day, and I was maybe flirting a bit with this girl he likes, so we went out for a joint, and he said basically what I just did before. There's nothing here to make a big deal out of.
Reply 19

Have you ever been in a serious relationship? It's just you clearly don't understand the emotions at play here.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending