The Student Room Group

Grant Repayment when starting a new uni

So Im currently studying my first year at a uni, really dislike the course and the uni itself so I'm starting a new university in september
I'm starting a similar 3 year course and starting from the first year (decided its best).
I know that i have to pay my grant back as I'm leaving the course early, regarding that would i have to pay it back straight away and also will leaving this year effect me when starting my new uni next year?
Original post by hus1
So Im currently studying my first year at a uni, really dislike the course and the uni itself so I'm starting a new university in september
I'm starting a similar 3 year course and starting from the first year (decided its best).
I know that i have to pay my grant back as I'm leaving the course early, regarding that would i have to pay it back straight away and also will leaving this year effect me when starting my new uni next year?

If you pay it all back by September I don't think it will have an effect on how much you ll get next year. Generally they d ask for it back straight away but they can offer repayment plans if you d be stuck without the money.
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
If you pay it all back by September I don't think it will have an effect on how much you ll get next year. Generally they d ask for it back straight away but they can offer repayment plans if you d be stuck without the money.

so even though I'm leaving at the end of the first year they'll ask for it back :/ thats annoying i was hoping it'd just get added onto my loan
Reply 3
Original post by hus1
so even though I'm leaving at the end of the first year they'll ask for it back :/ thats annoying i was hoping it'd just get added onto my loan

You might be better off asking this in the ask SFE forum. There's an advisor there who works for SFE and will be able to answer all your questions accurately.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hus1

Part of your entitlement covers the summer holidays but when you leave you could lose that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending